main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would any of you Guys like to see the Cut Scenes that never made into the LOTR Extened Edtion?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by black_saber, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I love to see the Ancient Underworld where we see ugly ceatures and Orcs and Balrogs.

I like to see the Land where Frodo, Bilbo and the Elves gone to live beyond the white towers.

2. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I infact like to see mote of the Last allance and more battles too. Not just showing them fighting Orcs,but fighting other Evil things too plus more and showing how the Old allance fell apart.

I also love too see how Gandelf and Sauroman went to Middle Earth.

3. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I also would love to see more of Emor and his story of what he was doing in Rohan in the north. You know fighting Wildsmen,Orcs,and Uruks!

4. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I just wish they hadn't sent him away frm Helms Deep :_|
    all the aragorn-eomer-action we missed :_|

-Mel

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I heard from peter jackson said that there going to realse Another edtions to the Lord of the Rings in 2006 or 2007 with extra scenes.

6. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yeah the much talked about ULTIMATE EDITION. :D

-Mel

7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I bet the Ultimate edition will come out in 2006 or 2007.

8. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    just give it to us before 2010! ;)

-Mel

9. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I would agree!

10. FORCEOF1

FORCEOF1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2004
    Philippa Boyens and PJ have both alluded to a cut of the films that would be truly chronological. Starting with the forging of the rings of power and all that back story from the intro to FOTR followed by the Smeagol/Deagol scene from ROTK etc...

Would be a new way of seeing the story even more like a history than it already seems. This would be a great opportunity to include a cut including everything they filmed for the films. Of course, Howard Shore would pretty much have to rescore the whole 12 hour movie, but I think it would be worth it.

FORCEOF1

11. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I've heard there's plans for a Hobbit movie. And maybe PJ will do something about the Last Alliance, or the Downfall of Numenor.

12. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I really want to see the Eowyn and Faramir scene in the Houses of the Healing. That was my favorite part of the book.

13. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Philippa Boyens and PJ have both alluded to a cut of the films that would be truly chronological. Starting with the forging of the rings of power and all that back story from the intro to FOTR followed by the Smeagol/Deagol scene from ROTK etc...
    as far as I remember that interview (and I only remember Philippa Boyens talking about that, so maybe it was a different one) she was referring to that rather jokingly!

imagine LotR storytelling in CHRONOLOGICAL order?????? yukkkkkk......how lengthy is that gonna be?! *shakes head*
    I hope they're doing a recut of all 3 movies, but in chronological order of events - I don't think so. that would ruin the material completely! [face_shame_on_you]

-Mel

14. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I love to see the back storys of how Legonas and Gimli on how and why they went to Rivendell.

Edit: If they can't fit the cut scenes back in the film that never made it how about making them and calling them deltad scenes where we can see spreatly from the film. plus new ones to add in the film.

15. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    " love to see the back storys of how Legonas and Gimli on how and why they went to Rivendell."
    Read the book. It's in the Council of Elrond chapter.

16. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I would be interested in seeing what the "Arwen At Helm's Deep" footage looked like.We got a snippet of it in the documentaries on the TTT special edition. Just out of curiosity.

Say aren't Star Wars Fans and LOTR fans supposed to hate each other's guts???

17. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I think that Star Wars nerds and Trekkies ;)

Star Wars nerds and Ringers seem to coexcist quite peacefully

18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I love both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Plus Peter Jackson said he loved Star Wars too and he not trying to compet against Lucas. I just would to see more of Sauorn face and see movies about the First age as well as the Hobbit.

19. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Say aren't Star Wars Fans and LOTR fans supposed to hate each other's guts???
    I agree with the others. Star Wars and LotR is very much alike (obviously) so why should we hate each other?! besides that would entail me hating myself. I guess I couldn't live with that :D

-Mel

20. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Your aloud to love both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings I am a fan of both. Some in this Star Wars thing Hate Lord of the Rings and its cool with me.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I want more Middle Earth Movies! I [-o| that peter jackson will make more of them.

22. jenastin

jenastin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2004
    I too would like to see more of how sauron created the ring....I also would like to see behind the scenes and bloopers...and anything about Samwise (see my name and signature!)
    I admire how hard peter jackson, the cast and crew worked to create these movies and had them released so quickly. I am a star wars fan and wish GL would have released his trilogy quicker. I am not bashing GL..but the wait for ROTS is killing me!! AHHHH!

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I love to see how More backstory of the Ent-Wives,and see what Melker looked like and See how the Ring was created including more about the northen kingdom.

24. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I too would like to see more of how sauron created the ring...
    that's why I love the books so much especially the silmarillion, cause it gives so much depth to the story of LotR! ;)

-Mel

25. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Personally, I wish we could get more of the endings on RotK, more Shire and traveling pre-Rivendell in FotR and more Ents (Quickbeam) in TTT (rather than those "human cost" shots in the Glittering Caves - dammit, in the book, the civvies were miles away, at another stronghold!).

Were there an ability to shoot more, I'd say do the Scouring, reshoot the Grey Havens (the set looked...smushed. There's a John Howe painting of this graceful mist-shrouded inlet with a single lamp on a spit of land in the water - a dock - and low, gazebo-like buildings - just a few, mind - in the background. That's the Grey Havens I wanted, a muted place of memory and some sorrow. I'd also like to have seen the ship lift out of the water to follow "the straight road" to Valinor), redo Saruman's death since you have the Scouring, extend the Council of Elrond and the timeline in general, recasting Frodo as someone who can do more than whine and pine for Sean Astin that looks older - like Frodo should...

Sigh. So many things, really. And end the movie not with the "I'm Back" but a sort of epilogue speech, telling of Merry, Pippin and Aragorn's deaths, and Sam, Gimli and Legolas' separate journeys to the Undying West, and thus, have the Fellowship pass from Middle-Earth. There's a great appendix line about it, and one from the prologue, Concerning Hobbits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.