main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [X-Men:FC] X-Men: Among Thieves (Gambit/Rogue) - Chapter 6 - 3/19/12

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RedGold, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - Gambit does like to talk in the first person, don't he. LOL, we'll come back to that, promise. ;) And the kiss, one of my favorite parts! It's going to come back and bite him in the butt though. :p

I started this up on FF.net here and will be posting during the black out, posting more often there to be caught up to this point soon.

I also got a cover art made for the story, it's wicked!

[image=http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p96/jdbartha/cover.jpg]
    Image by vagabondx

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am LOVING this. :D

And I knew my Brotherhood time would be short lived, but so worth it for your Gambit/Rogue interaction. I don't feel like I can stress enough just how spot on you have their voices. I loved the poker game, but the rooftop chase and the alley part took the cake. I loved him playing her so well. From start to finish. As always, her sifting through his memories and playing with his powers fascinated me. I loved the little details of her accent slipping and her eye color changing.

And now I can't wait for the next heist. This is going to be brilliant. :cool:

Well done, again. =D=

~MJ @};-

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Mira_Jade - This isn't the last we'll see of the Brotherhood, though yes, for the most part they are done. :) ;) Wouldn't be a Rogue/Gambit fic without someone getting played. :p And you know me, all about da details. DATACARD!!! So glad you're loving it! I hope this heist lives up to your expectations. :D

Audio Cue: J Walk ? The French Letter

Chapter Six

Manhattan - New York City

It can be hard to tell when exactly sunset comes to the City that Never Sleeps, but like a good Southern gal, Rogue went with the Farmer?s Almanac to judge such things and therefore found herself on the corner of Worth and Broadway as the sky darkened from pinks to blues. The wind kicked up a bit and she was tempted to turn up the collar on her leather jacket as her hair was in a ponytail and the cold was creeping in from the light dusting of snow still on the ground.

She wasn?t sure what kind of heist LeBeau had in mind and so was dressed for just about anything. Lightweight, not clunky, combat boots on the feet, almost form-fitted black cargo pants on the legs, loose enough for movement, and a long-sleeve dark green shirt. Her gloves were expensive, handmade of the finest supple leather. Sturdy but thin as to allow her greater movement and flexibility for anything delicate without her having to resort to taking them off.

It would also make it easier to strangle the Cajun if this was some kind of set up.

?Cheri,? the voice came from behind her and she didn?t let it be shown how much it bothered her that the thief managed to sneak up on her. ?Punctual, like dat in a woman.?

?Next time I?ll be late,? she threw back, turning to face him.

He chuckled, grinning down at her from under the brim of his hat, ?I?ll keep dat in mind, petite.?

Rogue was pretty sure she would end up smacking him if they kept this conversation going, so she got down to business, ?What?s the job, Cajun.?

?See da tower there,? he pointed up at a rather tall apartment skyscraper, a not too uncommon sight in the city, ?top five floors belong to a rather rich fellow who is a little miffed dat I?ve? divested him of several valuables over da past few years.?

?I bet,? she snorted, checking out the design of the apartment building, the tallest structure in the area, mostly glass exterior, non-opening windows of course, possible balconies for the penthouse. ?So, what, yah want me to fly yah up there??

?Save your strength, cheri,? he started to walk down the street, like any other dapper gentlemen, twirling his cane as he did so, ?you follow Remy, he?ll tell you when you?re up.?

?Okay, yeah,? she waved her hands in a ?no-go? gesture, ?if we?re going to work together, yah need to stop referring to yourself in tha first person.?

He paused, glancing back at her, ?Why don?t you start calling me by my name, Remy, instead of dose loving nicknames, huh, cheri??

She chewed on her lip, thinking it over, ?How about Gambit?? Yeah, she could live with that.

?Deal,? the thief continued walking down the street and she had to jog to catch up with him.

They headed to an alley next to the building, he picked a lock on what looked like a storm shelter in seconds and then lifted the door, ?Ladies first.?

She raised an eyebrow at him but ultimately shrugged and dropped down into the darkened room, prepared for anything. Nothing immediately attacked so she pulled a small mag-lite from her pocket and shown it around.

?It?s always tha closets,? she mused. ?I ever build a lair I am putting attack drones in all tha maintenance and storage rooms.?

?Smart girl,? Gambit commented as he joined her, ?dis way.?

They went through a door and down a short hall, stopping at the corner. She stashed her light and peaked around him to see moving cameras slowl

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You write them so well!!

LOVE the cover art!!