main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xanatos Underground Lair: Discussion Thread -New topic 4/26!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by fallen_one, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I think it's possible that he just wasn't fit to be a Jedi. However, maybe one of the more unconventional Jedi would have been good--similar to Qui-Gon, but not as willing to let things slide. Someone like Thracia Cho Leem, perhaps. A female Master would be a different approach and might have helped somehow.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    From what I've gleaned of him, he was never suited to be a model Jedi like Obi-Wan was. I think if the Order had branches of Grey Jedi, Xan could have made it. He seemed better suited to working covertly and living a more civilian way of life. The Order being as strict and unyielding as it was, he didn't stand a chance.

3. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000

That's an intresting idea, and who knows, such a choice might have helped. If anything, it might have made Xan's leaving the order less violent and spiteful, as I imagined she wouldn't have grown as attached to Xan as Qui had.

That seems to be the problem, Qui tried to hold on, when Xan wanted to let go. Another master possibly would have just let him after seeing his behavior over time.

That thought kind of struck me as funny, to imagine Xan as a model Jedi like Obi. It really doesn't fit at all. Though, that's a thought provoking idea of Xan being a gray Jedi, and that could possibly have worked as well. He was never really evil, except in his revenge tactics and that was brought on by the feeling of betrayal. If the Council had been less solid on the rules, Xan may just have been able to stay a Jedi as you said.

4. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    And if you think about it, he very well could have been given the opportunity to work as a more covert type of Jedi. No you say? Look at Quinlan Vos. [face_love] I could see Xan doing that type of undercover work.

5. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    He would have been quite good at it, if you ask me.

6. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Do we have a December chalange?

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    With the busy holidays we'll most likely wait until the first of the year to start a new challenge. The list of previous ones is listed on the first page of the challenge thread in Before. Feel free to go back and do any of those. :)

8. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    And of course, if you have any ideas for new challenges or topics, feel free to send them to the fallen_one user name, as we welcome new ideas. :)

BTW, has anyone else been getting sexy thoughts of Xan, deep blue silks, an open fire, and a glass of hot chocolate lately? [face_batting] Maybe it's just the holiday season. ;)

9. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Oh yes...

By the light of the blazing fire he make his whispered confession and slipps an arm around your waist. You stare into his deep blue eyes. He leaves a gentle kiss on your lips and then moves to kiss your neck....the caresses now becoming more possesive more passionet...and nothing in the world, galaxy, exists except for you and him in that moment...

LOL!

10. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    That's some thought you have there--must be the holiday season, indeed!

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Indeed. But I'm not sure if the chocolate mustache makes him sexier or not. :p

12. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    You know nothing could detract from Xanatos's sex appeal. ;)

Hope everyone had a good holiday, and are going to have a wonderful new year. :)

I ran across an interesting rumor over at the Lit section a while back about Zekk being a decedent of Xanatos. Of course, with my addiction to Xanatos's family line, this really intrigued me, even if I'm not a fan of Zekk. Has anyone else heard of this thought, and what do you think of it?

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I don't know enough about Zekk to really know. Lit seems to come up with a slew of rumors. Isn't that where the Mara Jade is Obi's daughter rumor came from also?

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It's not possible that Zekk is Xan's son or even grandson. Xan died when Obi-Wan was 13-14 and Luke wasn't born until Obi-Wan was 38 and Zekk is Jaina's age. He could possibly be his great-grandson, maybe, although Granta supposedly didn't have any force sensitivity to pass along.

Nay, I'd say not. Zekk has some shadow to his Force presence but so do a lot of other people. Sounds like they are reaching.

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Granta was how old when he died? I suppose he could have sired a kid or two we don't know about.

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Hmm, don't know about where the idea that Obi-wan was Mara's father came from, since I caught on to that through fan fiction.

And I agree, diane, even if I do find it still an amusing thought, they are probably reaching. Granta's void effect is possibly a genetic defect, but it's a likely one to be passed down to his off spring. I think they gathered it from supposedly some similarities in description and maybe some behavior.

As to how old Granta was at death, he was thirty one, if it's agreed that he's two years younger then Obi-wan. Amusingly, he lasted one year more then his father.

17. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Well, I think the Zekk descended from Xanatos thing came about mostly because they are described as looking quite disturbingly alike. And because Zekk has no last name and no one knows who he was descended from, and so it is fun to speculate. I mean, Zekk's past is a total blank, so being descended from Xanatos is entirely possible.

I am actually making him a descendent of Xanatos is one of my fics, so seeing this topic here made me laugh. Good timing. ;)

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I haven't seen any Xan love lately. WHat gives? [face_batting]

19. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    No Xan love?:eek: Now we can't have that can we?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

20. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    I don't normally post here - I usually lurk and read all of your interesting comments - but this thread had sunk to page five, so I thought I'd pop in and up it. :) I am curious, though, about the theory of Zekk being descended from Xanatos.
    I've been a bit confused about whether Force sensitivity is exclusively passed down through midichlorians. Somewhere in my reading of the EU, I'd gotten the impression that, although Force sensitivity was somewhat hereditary, the Force also occasionally bestowed it on whomever it saw fit, regardless of descent or ancestors. Any input on that would be welcome... :)

So, from that view, would it be possible for Granta's son/grandson to be Force-sensitive? :confused: Assuming, for the moment, that his "void" effect would not be passed on.

21. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I suppose it's entirely possible. Besides, Force-sensitivity might "skip" generations in Xan's family, explaining Crion's lack and Granta's void effect, and might have manifested further down the road in a hypothetical great-grandson or so. Like twins do in some families--my mom's a twin, but none of her children are, so I'm expected to have twins when I have kids.

22. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    What if question: If Xan had lived (which I firmly believe he did) could he and Obi-Wan have found a way to put the past behind them after Jinn's death?

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    If you were talking about the JA books as canon, nope. No way. Xan tried to kill both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan on many occasions and also was a direct reason why Bruck died (and Obi-Wan blamed himself for it). Tried to blow up the Temple.

Unless Xan was a major player in the Rebellion and was helping out, Obi-Wan might have tolerated him but mistrusted him at every turn - waiting for the strike of the knife in his back.

Otherwise, I just can't see it.

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    But what if Obi saw Xan expressing genuine sorrow and remorse? I think if Xan had undergone some major change and Obi saw it, he could find it in himself to at least try and meet him halfway. It just seems like something Obi-Wan would do knowing how much Qui-Gon had loved Xan.

There's a wonderful non-board friendly fic that explores this a little. Xan faces Sids and realizes what a fool he's been and joins with the Jedi to take Sids down. Love the fic and it's very believable.

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I could see Obi-Wan doing that, accepting that Xan had changed if it was genuine. But assuming that he had not, Obi-Wan would be nothing if not wary and very ready to take Xan down if necessary.

26. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I have to agree with Diane, Xan would have to make a genuine change for Obi-Wan to see him as anything other than an enemy. Unless, of course, Obi-Wan changed and turned to the dark side and sought out Xan as an accomplice.

[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.