main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Yet another Costuming Workshop - Sun, Aug 10th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    My son want to be a Jedi for Halloween (of course he will probably change his mind..3 yr olds are apt to do that) but I've seen some patterns for karate uniforms that could work...if I find one you are more than welcome to use it. For material, I was going to go for the monk cloth (which I did see recently at walmart) and the pants, something lightweight like cotton or a polyblend of some sort. (I don't think I'll be able to keep a helmet on his head for more than 20 seconds, though) :D

I'll keep you posted though...

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Material hunt sounds cool. This weekend is bad for me, but maybe Labor day weekend sometime?

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I'm all about a fabric hunt... I used Monks cloth for my Obi and my outer tunic, and Duck Canvas for my pants inner tunic and tabard, ( although I had bought some raw silk to replace my inner tunic)

-lor

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    okay labor day weekend sound good to me for a material/fabric hunt choose your word...

saturday or sunday? I am always in town sundays but it is no matter to me....

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Saturday works best for me. I have family coming in Sunday.

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay sounds good to me... would meeting at say around 5 work okay? I can't guarnetee I can get the day off if I do we can up the time. But that will give me a 15 min buffer that day.

and if the costume works well for your son I may try and make a pajama pj thing for my bros kid-sis in law will love that!

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    That might work for me. Have to see what the wifey wants to do that day...

Plus, for everyone, I work at Woodworker's Supply and get a mean discount (most of the time) so if there are any tools, supplies, etc, that anyone may need for costuming (or anything else), I can hook you up. Just let me know. If you want a quick perusal of our wares, check out woodworker.com.

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay well let us know whats up... and thanks for the link I will be definatly visiting there often... now I just need the money to fall into my lap so I can afford to buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.