main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: Denmark' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Denmark!

Mr_Mundi has signed FF Denmark up to be apart of Yoda's tour. Welcome aboard! :D

What I now need is a contact person who would be responsible for Yoda during his 2 week stay in Denmark. It is this person's job to look after Yoda, not disappear with him for months at a time (London already did. We'd rather not repeat this! ;) ), take him around, take pictures of him at various places, then ship him off to the next fanforce as close as you can to that 2 week mark.

When said contact person is chosen/volunteers/appointed, I need the following from them:

Full name
    Home Address (or wherever Yoda will be shipped to)
    Email address
    Phone number where they can be reached.

If the contact person could please PM me this information as soon as possible, that would be wonderful! The information will only be seen by myself, Master--Kenobi, and the contact person from the fanforce who will be sending you yoda (minus the phone number. That will be for our own records for a "just-in-case").

Nearly forgot to add:

With Yoda, a logbook is being sent around. This is a folder in which all of Yoda's memories of each stop will be stored. Each fanforce will have one page to place their favorite picture of Yoda's trip and to decorate and write on the page as much as they wish. All other pictures will be uploaded to the website that we are still constructing (link is in my signature), and where we will be able to display all of the pictures from his tour!

Thanks again!

(And I am sorry that I have to type in English, but I'm afraid of how horrible this would turn out if I used an internet translator! :( )

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Needless to say, I would like to be that contact person.:D

Of couse I hope, reguardless of who the contact person will be, that all who participate in this event will participate in supporting Yodas journey to the next location since this might be around 175-250 DKkr.:) Hope this doesn't scare anyone away[face_worried] Just remember - the more we are to show Yoda around the less it would cost.;) Money shouldn't part us from doing this.:D
    Corretion - money souldn't part us from doing this together, couse it sure wont part me from doing it.

3. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Any idea when we're going to show Yoda around?

And of course, we split the costs between us (speaking for myself only, of course)

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It'll cost that much to ship him to Sweden?? :eek: [face_worried]

I don't know if weight's a factor in this, but Yoda's box should only be about 2.27kg. I don't know if that makes it better or worse...

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Around that, yes.

A package at 3 kg. to Sweden costs 170 dkkr. (then it's delivered within 2-4 week days) and 150 if it's to be there within 4-7.....

6. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    No, to Sweden it will only be 150 DKkr or 170 DKkr depending on how fast he will be traveling. If he will be traveling as valued package it will be more though, but we will work it out.

The 250 DKkr was sort of worst case senario if he had to go to Australia or home to USA.

It doesn't seems like any others want to be the contact person. If that is the case I will be PMing my data to Miana Kenobi in about 30-40 hours time.

7. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    I can't see why you shouldn't be the contact person, it was you who brought this up and you are by far the most ambisious uf us (read: the greatest geek :p)

I vote for Mr_Mundi as supreme chan.. ehh contact person!

8. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I have now PMed my info to Miana Kenobi.

Now we have but to awaite the Masters arrival.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    God it and added Denmark officially to the tour. :D Thanks guys! I'll bring you updates as they go!

10. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Just to let you all know - Miana Kenobi have told me, that Yoda should be in Denmark at anytime between Mid-January to late February/early March depending upon whether or not some other countrys will be joining. This is to give Yoda a logical path, so that people wont have to ship him to countrys to far away.

More exact date is promised, when it is known.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    All right. Yoda arrived in France yesterday. He will spent the next two weeks there, then he will go to the German fanforce. Belgium and the Netherlands joined the tour, so they will be next after Germany. The Netherlands will be sending you Yoda near the end of February/beginning of March. :D

And since I am leaving for Texas in 10 hours, Glædelig Jul! [:D]

12. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    That sounds great. We will be awaiting his arrival.

And glædelig jul to you too. And have a great trip.[:D]

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D

14. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I would just like to say, that I hope people of the Danish Fan Force has not given up or forgotten this with the low activity on the board.[face_worried]

I know I haven't been much active myself, but I am still here.:)

I just saw, that Miana Kenobi posted Yoda's travelroute on the The Official Travels With Yoda Thread.

With France, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands on Yodas route before us, it looks like we will be getting him late March early April. And this suites me quite well, since my February is filled with work and a couple of weekends in march also is booked.

Yoda's travelroute:

London, UK
    Midlands, England - UK
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Belgium
    The Netherlands
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Romania
    Greece
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    South Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    New Zealand
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, CA
    Inland Empire, CA
    Orange County, CA
    Los Angeles, CA
    San Francisco, CA
    Sacramento, CA
    Spokane, WA
    Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Twin Cities, MN
    Des Moines, IA
    Kansas City, MO
    Cleveland, OH
    London, Ontario (Canada)
    Toronto, Canada
    Halton, Canada
    Niagara, ON, Canada
    Buffalo, NY
    Rochester, NY
    Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
    NYC, NY
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, PA
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Washington DC
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Charlotte, NC
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Macon, GA
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, AL
    Chattanooga, TN
    Nashville, TN
    Memphis, TN
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, LA
    San Antonio, TX
    Tyler, TX
    Panama
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, NM
    Albuquerque, NM
    Southern Colorado
    Denver, CO
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Provo, UT
    Tucson, AZ
    Phoenix, AZ
    Southern Nevada, NV
    HOME!!

15. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I'm still here too ;)

It would be cool if Yoda was here on my birthday (in April...).

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    IF we can ever get him to France... :p ;)

17. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Herhaps he likes Wales so much he decided to stay.:p

18. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Apparently he did decide to stay in Wales. I just asked of his whereabouts in the official thread. And I was told, that he is still in Wales?!:eek: And he will be shipped in a few days.

Based on that, and with 4 Fanforce chapters and 2 weeks each yet to go, then we are most likely looking at late April before we get him, and with traveltime - most likely sometime in May. That is if everyone make sure to keep him on track with no detours or delays.:)

Late April would have been quite good with me, since I only have two days at work after April 13th and to the end of April.

But when reality kicks in, it might even be late May before he gets to Denmark - if he ever gets to France that is.[face_worried]

Hoping and praying.:D [face_praying]

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is on summer vacation when he decides to pop in.:_|

But on the good side - then we can take him to Tivoli. Since he has already been to Disneyland, then we really should show him our amusement park as well - if people are up to that.

[image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Disneyland/P7240048.jpg] [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Disneyland/P7240052.jpg]

For your convenience - Other pictures from Yoda's Tour:

Yoda at ComicCon

Yoda at Disneyland

Yoda at the Midlands - Party 1

Yoda at the Midlands - Party 2

19. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Just a small update - Yoda has been shipped last Saturday 25th of February but no word yet of his arrival to France.

20. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Yoda is now back in UK, so hope still lives.[face_praying]

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thank you, Mr_Mundi, for keeping this alive. :)

Indeed, we are getting the tour back on track. We hope to have Yoda shipped off to Germany sometime this week. :D

22. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Well, best to keep reminding people he is coming. It wouldn't be much fun if I had to take him around alone - allthough I would do it if need be.;)

So what about the French? Are they blacklisted? Off the map? Out of the game?:confused:

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I sent an appology to France telling them that Yoda will not be coming. We tried three times to get him there, but in the end, their postal service did not let it happen. We're not blaming the French fanforce; we're blaming the French postal service. :(

It's unfortunate, but we need to get the tour moving again.

24. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Yoda was shipped from Wales this morning. And with a working tracking number there is hope, that he will actually arrive at Germany without getting lost. Depending on the way in which he is shipped I would expect him to arrive within 7-10 days.

IF he is now back on track that would mean, that we would probably get him sometime between late July and mid September depending on how fast people are to get him on his way to the next Fan Force Chapter, so I hope some of you are available to take him for a tour by that time.[face_dancing]

25. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    As of today Yoda is with the German Fan Force. The tour lives on.[face_dancing]

Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands and then Denmark.[:D] [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.