main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You better record the episodes when they air...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mungo, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    ...because Lucas will inevitably alter them for the DVD release. [face_tired]

In an article just posted to StarWars.com, Catherine Winder discusses how each episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will begin with narration opening the story, and will have a moral to the story. Given Lucas' past with Young Indy, Droids, Ewoks, and Clone Wars, he is likely to do at least one of the following: edit episodes together, have the music re-scored, have new "bridging material" created, remove the opening/ending credits, remove narration, re-dub original voices, and completely remove characters and actors. [face_sick]

2. darth_ral

darth_ral Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    i wonder if these 'narratives' will be in typicial star wars 'crawl' format or if they will be spoken....

do you mind posting the full story of this please

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yet the Clone Wars micro series wasn hardly changed at all. All they did was remove the opening logos from every episode, which is a good thing. Did you really want to see the "Clone Wars" logo with the foot stomping every 3 mins?

Also, you're making assumptions that you'd prefer the original broadcast. Who knows, IF changes were made in between the broadcast date and the DVD, you could potentially like it better! Let's not judge until we see it at least.

4. DSucrose

DSucrose Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2007
    assumptions? or educated guesses?

I personally would have prefered it if you could have watched the Clone Wars microseries with the logos, or, well, I would have prefered the choice (I have my reasons).

I think recording the new clone wars series, just in case, is a smart move. If you prefer what they change on the dvd's or if they change nothing, you can erase your recordings. No regrets.

Plus, it makes the wait for an official dvd release go all that faster!

5. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    Yes I do, as that was the way in which the show was originally conceived.

BTW, they also switched the order of Chapters 4 and 5, and did a few slight alterations to some other episodes.

Or maybe they could get it right the first time. [face_peace]

My feelings exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.