main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know You're Too Obsessed With Star Wars When...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SkyJammer, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    ... you are waiting for a software program to install, and the CD spinning sounds like the music right before Ben speaks to Luke in his X-Wing in ANH.

I swear this just happened to me. I think I need either help or sleep....

-SJ

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  3. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Your Mother asks you to take the trash out and the answer is...The trash we will put out! m(Yes I really did it)...she laughed!

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You are convinced you can turn the light switch off using the force if only you could concentrate a little harder.

5. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    oh i'm so glad i'm not the only one

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Right before the Phantom Menace, I was at work and for kicks, I grabbed a flashlight, wrapped a long tube of paper around it and taped it. Turned off the lights and and turned on the flashlight. Mind you, I work at the largest hospital in Wisconsin and a group of evening Supervisors walked in and I held up the impromptu lightsaber up and said in my best yet horrible Darth Vader voice, "Impressive...most impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet." Luckily, they appeared to find the entire event funny though I did earn a very weird look. At that point I realized perhaps my enthusiasm is best not displayed in the work place. AT work, I am a closet Star Wars Nerd. *sigh*

Marcy

7. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Every morning you get up bright and early to check the vaperators.

(Your neighbor then yells at you for messing with his flag pole.)

8. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Every time some one tells you that you can't leave, you find the nearest sandbox, stand in it, stare at the sun, and hum.

9. Mace_Master

Mace_Master Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    This is a true one...

You refer to the backyard (which is cluttered with overgrown bushes, some twice as tall as you are) of the house you just bought as "the forest moon of endor."

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Your family has bought you SW toys for the past 3 Christmas, because they all know you like Star Wars (and even though you SPECIFICALLY asked for DVDs).

~H~

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    You cruise down highway 49 out of Ripon at 75 mph, passing all the old slow people, and think to yourself that you're piloting the Jedi Starfighter through an asteroid field...

Then try to use the jedi mind trick on the cop that pulls you over...

"You don't need to see my identification"

Okay, so the second part never happened, but if I did ever get pulled over, I probably would try...

Jeff

12. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    ...you think you can moderate a Fan Force board by using Jedi mind tricks.

"You will click here."

13. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    every time you get a paper cut you end up soaking yourself in the tub wearing nothing but a pair of pampers.

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Good one!

LOL!

BTW - as an experienced diaper changer I can safely state that diapers are not refered to as "pairs".

Correct:
    Jabba complained that his new diaper left him feeling a bit bound up.

Incorrrect:
    Jabba complained that his new pair of diapers left him feeling a bit bound up.

15. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I stand corrected.

You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when you find yourself doing Admiral Ackbar impressions with the main course at The Red Lobster.

"It's a trap!"

16. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You refer to driving between Jersey barriers in a construction zone as "just like the trench run." (Which I have done)

You go to the DMV to wait in a long line, even though you have no business there.

Dwayne

17. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    ...when you seriously think about using fabric paint to make your tent look like R2-D2.

18. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    When you're thinking about changing your name legally to something SW.

(Example: Megan to megHan. Something I have honsetly thought of doing and may still do.)

19. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    You spend more time at work here than actually working on your work. (Gosh, I hope my boss doesn't see this. ;) )

20. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    when your pen falls on the floor you extend your hand and actually believe it will con to you once you reach the force.

you use anything long, skinny, and straight as a lightsaber and also make the noise.
    (story of my life)

21. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    ...when you wear your hair like Leia's outside of the house, and not just to a Star Wars film or for Halloween (yes, I have done it!)! :D

...when you nickname your car the Falcon ("She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."), especially when a good whack on the dash is considered a fix.
    A break down doesn't even phaze you--you can repair it at full speed! (Ask SoloYT1300 about repairing the steering column with a screwdriver on our '75 Volvo while doing 60mph on the freeway!) :p

...naming your son and daughter Luke and Leia, especially if they're twins (I've never heard of it, but I wonder--there's gotta be someone in this crazy country who has!)

Ok, that's all I've got(not that these are very witty to begin with)--back to work I guess... *sigh*

22. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    My son was born a couple weeks after TPM was released. My wife and I gave real consideration to naming him Anakin - we both REALLY liked that name.

In the end, we decided that it would be better if he survived high school.

23. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    OMG! LMAO!!! those are great! MaulerII and bwing, Too funny! Marcy, OOOPS. [face_blush]

...When you teach your 20 month old to make lightsaber noises(and whats scary is, she does a pretty good job and knows what the sound is for!!)

When your 5 yr. old can recognize SW music(and not just the beginning)immediately because the parent plays the movies and soundtracks over and over and over...

When you are consistantly calling your children young padawans, and telling them to be mindful of the force and "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering!!"

(I know, not funny like Mauler's, but true!!)

And I can relate all to well w/trying to use the force to turn on a lightswitch, push cars out of the way(did that earlier today, well, tried anyway), and using the force to pick up a pen. Just a little harder consentration, I'm sure I could've gotten it!!

24. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I can say from experience that Tracey's kids are that down with Star Wars. They are the cutest "Little Padawans". :)

25. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    You agree with a coworker's suggestion:

"Copy, Gold Leader"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.