main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'll Learn Someday (JA Siri vignette,very short)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by female_obi_wan, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    A JA Siri vignette. I know a lot of people don't like her,but I personally think she's one of the most realistic characters in the series (realistic as you can get in a world where frogs and teddy bears are running around. ;)) and I tried to get inside her mind a little.

Dedicated to SiriGirl,one of those who made me feel welcome when I joined JAFD. :)

You'll Learn Someday

Friends.

Perhaps I should have have friends. My Master tells me I should make more of an effort to interact with my peers. She tells me,gently as she can,that life is not all fight. There must be time for other things too.

But I don't have time for friends. It seems a silly excuse,and not one I would tell to my Master-but it's true. I would annoy any friend I did have with my habits of spending all my free time reasearching and practising katas,and they would annoy me by not doing that. I can't help it when people get under my skin. I don't particularly want them as enemies,but they do have to understand that we're not likely to be friends.

All this makes me seem pretty cold,doesn't it? We,I don't want to be cruel-I just want to be what I think I ought to be. Dedicated,resourceful,intelligent. When I told this to my Master,she smiled and said "But there's more to it than that,Siri.
    You'll learn someday."

Learn what,exactly? I tried to quiz my Master about it, and she eventually told me after I had tried and failed to guess; "That some people are more than what you want you want them to be. You can't be the sole saviour of everything."

I don't want to be the 'sole saviour of everything!' If only she'd understand! I just want...

Actually,I don't know what I want.
    But I don't want friends. It's not like I think friendship is a bad thing,of course it isn't. But myself,I don't need them.

"Yes," my Master tells me "but one day you might find that you do."

Perhaps she's right. But I don't know when if-that day will come.

The other thing my Master scolds me about is, she says, my selfishness. Jedi aren't selfish,she says. They don't concentrate on winning and being the best, they do what they do, put their lives in danger, for the things that are really, truly important to them, like peace,justice, and even love.Those are more important than childish competition with the others.

She's right about that,I know. but...

"Never mind,Siri." she says. "You will learn your hardest lesson,someday."

There is a companion piece/sequel to this, but I haven't found a title for it yet. :)

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Very good! I love Siri, personally (I've written about her a lot, and it was that it was about her that drew me to this), so its always nice to see a fanfic about her.

I can easily see this happening, female_obi_wan. That brash, somewhat cold attitude is exactly her - and I believe she does (sooner or later) learn her 'hardest lesson', as she does become a Jedi. ;)

When (or have you?) will you post the companion piece? :)

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi, FOW!

That was really good for such a short piece. You communicated her motivations and thoughts really well, and why she doesn't feel the need to friends with anyone. I'll be interested to see the companion piece. Is that about the "hardest lesson" her Master alludes to, by any chance?

More soon!

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.