main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Han Solo

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darthsuggs, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    If there wasto be a live-action Han & Chewie show who would play Han?? Post your choices here. Okay if he gained wait the main character from that 70's show could work maybe IMO. I am going to look for other ones too.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    In the vein of Young Indiana Jones... yeah I actually do think it could work. But you'd need someone just right for it. Personally, I've always thought Rider Strong would be good (don't ask why I've thought about who would be a good young Han, I just have). He was Shawn on Boy Meets World, he's 24 now.

picture

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    solojones. A great choice. I see where you are coming from.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I remember seeing someone seriously suggesting (try saying that 10 times really fast) that Ashton Kutcher should play a young Han Solo.

[face_plain]

5. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Thta would suck if Kutcher got that part.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ashton Kutcher....that´s the guy who dates out old women, isn´t he? :)
    If you take this guy, then the guy from American Pie should play Chewbacca.

7. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    He dates Liz Hurley I think, no? She is still pretty damn hot though.

Ashtun Kutcher is best known for being in 'Dude, Where's My Car?' and 'That 70's Show'.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He was dating Demi Moore.

9. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I heard Liz Hurley for sure, I was wondering why everyone was making such a big deal about it.

But Demi Moore? Now I understand why everyone thought it was disgusting!

10. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Yes he was with Den=mi Moore but that is not the topic LOL

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So far we just have Rider Strong, so I guess I win ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I like your choice solojones visually but he does not have a voice close enough.

13. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hmmm, I dunno. I reckon Aston could maybe pull it off. Seriously. I mean after all, I've only seen him act in comedies, so I don't know.

But overall I'm afraid it'd be a bad idea. I've got a lot of time for Young Indy, but I think they went a little far with how many famous and influential characters from history they could throw in. It just got too cheesy in the end.
    After all, Boba in EpII is one thing, but I wouldn't want a series where every week, a famous SW character got a Hitchcock style cameo, almost beaming at the camera in the background.

And you know that's what would happen... "for the fans" [rolls_eyes]

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I think it could work as a series for 2-3 years and that is all.

15. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think it would work. If there was a Han/Chewie series, it would be animation with Tartakovsky doing it.

16. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I differ in opinion I think it could work and I think that Rider Strong is indeed a good choice. Other choices thus far are Topher Grace, Ashton Kutcher, and hopefully some others.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If there was a young Han Solo series, it would destroy the characters mystique. He would have to get up to all sorts of crazy adventures (just like Young Indy), which just cause too many suspensions of disbelief, and IMO, detract from the character in the movies.

If a live action series ever happens, I would hope that it would concentrate on a totally new character (or at least a peripheral existing one) and if major movie characters appear, they should just be in 'cameo' type roles.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I'm not really of the opinion that it would be a good idea. But if it is done, I'd at least like to see it done decently. Because, let's face it, as SW fans, most of us are going to watch it out of sheer morbid curiosity. Just like the holiday special.

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I never said it would work I am talking a one year eight episode story arc. I think that is the only way it would work.

20. Neo_Van_Nostrand

Neo_Van_Nostrand Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2003
    The '70's guys couldn't pull it off. Maybe Some unknown who looks and sounds a little like Ford would have the best shot, the audience wouldn't have typecast the actor yet. Peter Jackson as Chewbacca.

21. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Tophar Grace? Would that mean Solo's first ship would be named the Vista Cruiser and have the GFFA equivilent of wood paneling? Would Solo relentlessly pursure the mysterious red head next door? Maybe it could be a young Mara Jade? Ya that's it. Get all the fanboys out.

Ashton Kutchner? Gee he'd be a good Solo. Just think, a young Han Solo, to stupid to figure anything out. Gee what a daring smuggler that would be. Bring in the love interest, a bratty little twi'lek to constantly break his ego and esteem down! We have a hit. Call the executives!!!!

People please. If you're going to cast a young Solo try someone who can play more than one character. What about Jouquin Pheonix? James Marsden? The actor who plays Fez would make a better Solo than Kutchner or Grace.

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I think James Marsden's a bit too old...

23. Obi-Ted_Kenobi

Obi-Ted_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    What about Trent Ford? He starred in How To Deal opposite Mandy Moore. Isn't he Harrison's son?

Trent must be Harrison's son, because he looks just like a 15 year old version of him. Even if he is not Harrison's son, he would still be a good choice.

I always said Han could have been in Episode III if they wanted, because I would totally buy the possibility that Han was 35 in ANH. 35 minus 18 equals 17.

Since it is pretty clear Han will not be in Episode III, they could use Trent to make a young Han and Chewie series.

I would watch it.

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Al though I am willing to give a han show a shot I was quite glad he was nt included on Episode 3. The galaxy would be WAY to small in that case.

25. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    "Dude, where's my Falcon?"

I guess Sean Patrick Flanery is a bit too old by now... Does anyone know what happened to the boy who played the Very Young Indy? Maybe the series was an inspiration for him to look like Ford in the future...

Anyway, I believe the Young Indy series was quite a stretch as Harrison Ford is such a well-known face. I doubt anyone could properly "impersonate" him.

Maybe Tom Hardy ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.