main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Han Solo

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darthsuggs, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonahJacks66

JonahJacks66 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    The kid out of Malcom in the middle is the perfect candidate to play a young Han, all this talk about a tv show about Vader seems to be a red herring , I think the best way to link the two saga's would be to show Solo and Chewies exploits as the Empire is in it's youth.

2. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "The kid out of Malcom in the middle is the perfect candidate to play a young Han,"

Frankie Munez(sp)? So you don't want some one who can portray more than one character?

Here's an original idea, if there was to be a Young Solo show, how about casting an unknown? Or casting someone based on acting talent rather than a cute face, marginal Television success, or marketbility? I know it's a stretch expecting the TV industry to do anything original, or the fans to be able to accept anything original, but the whole Young Solo series would be better if people knew nothing about the actor cast from the git go.

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I think the idea of casting an unknown person would be great to have for a young Han Solo :D
    That'd be really cool :)

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah but can any of these guys act? I say we just let Ewan do it. He could play a young Mon Mothma and be convincing ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    " say we just let Ewan do it. He could play a young Mon Mothma and be convincing "

LOL but I think you're on to something. If you need a good testament to Ewan's acting ability go watch Big Fish or Eye of the Beholder. The man has talent.

If the series happened, hopefully with unknown as Han, do you think it should start with Chewie in it or should we get to see the fateful meeting of the two?

6. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    i agree with JediMasterGuff, han would make a great animated series by Tartaskovsky

i remember he expressed some interest in this in issue 68 of sw insider:

"Noting that the rogue with the heart of gold, Han Solo, is his favorite character of the series, Tartakovsky jokes that should the clone wars be successful he might pitch Lucasfilm on a series of animated shorts chronicling of the smuggler and faithful sidkick, Chewie. It would be a sure hit: 'Pirates in space are always cool.'"

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Hell, if you're desperate for a stretch, how about they guy who plays Xander on BuffyTVS?

8. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    Koohi,
    You may be onto something. He has the looks, if he could just lose the Xander personality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.