main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Your chance to be in a fanfilm...without being in a fanfilm.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by drippyzeo, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Mouth still hurts. Probably get my recording done Wednesday.

2. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Ok, the part for Checkmate is open again. Where are the ladies in this thread? They're free to apply, too.

3. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Can anyone give me solid dates for when they'll get their parts down? I'm a little reluctant to set a deadline, but I really would like them as soon as possible so I can keep working on my rough cut.

4. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Tomorrow.

5. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    My lines are signed, sealed and delivered. If you need me to change any of it just lemme know.

6. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Thanks. Sounded great. :)

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    If I had a working mic I'd volunteer, but no such luck. Mine has decided it doesn't want to talk to my laptop. Touchy little machines aren't they?

8. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Wow, thanks for the response! Half of the audio is now in: for those of you who haven't sent it in, if you're too busy or have other reasons that will keep you from being able to record a part, let me know...I don't bite and I won't get angry or anything.

If anyone's curious about my progress...I've got the next shot blocked, but every time I render it, my computer freezes. I think it's time for me to upgrade. :(

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i can't get my mic to cooparate
    sorry drippy

10. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    No problem, qui_gundi. Viper 2 is now open everyone...I'm starting to look elsewhere to fill it, unless someone speaks up.

11. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    someone's gotta do another of these someday... except sometime when i'm not mega-grounded and am allowed on the computer!... bleh... good luck guys!

12. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    You and me both, EJ. I now have to ASK FOR FECKING PERMISSION to use the computer. Parents suck 95% of the time. 5% is on Birthdays and Christmas ;) Thanksgiving and Easter they're just being really goofy at parties.

I'll get the audio up. I promise.

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Matt, what happened? You're 19 years old and you have to ask to use the computer? WTF?

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Sooooooo, Drippy

How goes the movie? I know I have been gone for bit and I was wonderng if it was done or been placed on the bac burner for now?

15. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Good timing: I'm on finals week (taking a break from my 7-page final paper. Current progress: 0/7. Anyways...)

So after finals are done, my brother's promised me that he'd let me install the 3D software I'm using on his computer. Which is nice since his CPU is more than twice as fast as mine. I've tried rendering a couple more shots, but my computer freezes a lot. :( I had something rendered for the next shot, but pulled it because it just didn't feel right. I've set up a new (and really cool) shot, but due to the above-mentioned computer problems, couldn't render the final product. I've also fiddled with some designs for an official website, and I'm really excited by what I've got so far.

So...

I've got all summer and two computers to work on (albeit one is unreliable). I have the actual storyboard more or less laid out, all that's left on my end is setting up shots, test rendering, rendering, then editing the final product. So if anyone who hasn't gotten their lines in could do that, that would be great.

I'm also gonna release an initial final product exclusively to anyone who contributed dialogue. That way, you can see your dialogue in relation to the action and re-record lines if you feel like it. :)

16. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Random screenshot to let you all know that I'm not slacking off. :D

[image=http://www.thethousand.net/misc/shot3.jpg]

Still working on compositing the X-Wings over that...

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Very sweet pic bro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.