main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Your costume list!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Solo_Jaina, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    So has anyone already begun the planning process on what they're bringing? New costumes? Old costumes? A dream costume you'd like to make??

Personally I usually cart 3-6 costumes to a con, and since I can actually DRIVE to CVI instead of fly, I will probably bring at least 4-5.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    My current costume project is too big to bring on a flight, it's an Amidala and I need to be able to fit some normal clothes into the bag as well. So at the moment I'm leaning towards classic Leia, tusken female and if I can fit it my a-wing pilot. Now the Amidala should be finished before the 3D premiere, so I might come up with some other project inbetween that and CVI.

3. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    That's something I'm looking forward to be being able to bring a bunch of stuff since we're driving. I wasn't able to go to CV and for CIV I had to fly and couldn't bring much. But this time I'm going to cram as much as I can!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I should have my N-1 Naboo pilot done by that, so probably that.

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Got a trusty Obi-Wan costume for one day and gonna try to get a Satine for wife. Working on new Stormtrooper armor with a Disney theme. Wife just got her Disney costume today. Never worn armor before so that will be an experience. Gonna finish it early so hopefully it will be comfy by CVI.

Miana Kenobi - "so fluffy"........that's funny.....love that movie.

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Last year I hade one very big costume and just squeezed another one into the bag. This time I think I'll go for the "more, but less bulky, costumes".

7. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    I have my Han Solo ROTJ costume all set and I've slowly been building an X-Wing pilot outfit which SHOULD be done before CVI.

8. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    I'll finally be able to show off my Family Guy Giant Chicken Boba Fett costume that I thought of the day before CV but obviously didn't have time to put together for the trip. I never got around to making the tail, but that was just too cumbersome in my opinion. Here's a picture.

[image=http://johnrosevideography.com/chickenfett.jpg]

9. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    Am I the only one wondering why someone would bring more costumes than days of the convention?

10. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    To wear for different events. Like I remember seeing the Sith Cheerleaders wearing those outfits for that short appearance, and then wearing other outfits.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Eh, some people just like that, Cathy. I know DragonCon people bring like 8 costumes at least.

12. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I have up dated my Aurra Sing costumes...I have her winter outfit from the comic books and I will be bringing my new "Clone Wars" Aurra look that I am premiering this weekend at Great Wolf Lodges Father's Day event/Troop. I have also been working on a Female Tusken as well which will be done by the end of this summer.
    The "BIG" thing is the Swoop/Speeder bike I've been working on. I thought I had 3 years to get it done. I would really like to drive into town with that and see if I can get it into the con. Haven't figured that out yet.

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Probably Luke jedi/Endor, TIE Pilot (if they bring the lifesize ship again), and AOTC Anakin, since it'll be the 10th anniversary.

14. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    With Colin, I'll be bringing a Dagobah Luke (I'll be sweaty for the "realism" affect...:p) and he'll be Yoda in a carrier on my back. Also Dajuan is planning on Wedge with Colin being Ketch, complete with ewok AND pilot costume for him. :) Aside from that, Death Star Independent Contractor is a hit (and comfy!), and maybe Robe Squadron if we can fit them into the luggage.

15. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    Ever since I first saw it at C4, I've LOVED hothie's Death Star Independent Contractor costume. GREAT idea!

16. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I was a Jedi as last two Celebrations, hope to have a female Mandalorian and Jedi for CVI.

My challenge is buying (or making)the right helmet; one that fits well, has good ventilation, etc. I have a big head and long hair, eek!

Martha

17. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    I'm bringing a sith cheerleader uniform, twilek costume and disney inspired costume. I'm also bringing a mandalorian and rebel pilot if I can finish them by CVI. Martha are you making the helmet yourself or getting it commissioned?

18. ANGRY_LEIA

May 15, 2002
    I think I'm going to try and buy an M-DSB Mercenary Helmet (M-DSB Props Store) or Saz on the Mandalorian Merc site; if I decide to make one out of sheet metal, there's a tutorial on the Mandalorian Mercs site. Looks really complicated (and possible dangerous, hahaha!). Soft goods will be challenging, I have a sewing machine, but don't really know how to sew. Glad we have over a year for this!

I'd love to be a Sith Cheerleader (time to really do the "Lose 30lbs for CVI"!) :)

Martha

19. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    I also need to lose weight. So, I'll definitely need a year for that and to get my costumes finished. Luckily, there are a group of merc guys near me who will help me with most of my mando parts.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I saw photos of your winter Aurra Sing. And even if I really don't like the character, I think that her winter outfit looked quite cool, and much better than her main costume.

21. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    Dark Jedi(Own Character)cant make a lot due to disability but instead of losing 30 for C6 i am going to lose 60!!! Iwould like to be half the person i am now at celebration,wish me luck everybody!![face_good_luck]

22. ANGRY_LEIA

May 15, 2002
    Nice...Dark Jedi are awesome...nice and dark...you can do a lot with that! Good luck with your costume and losing for C6!

Martha

23. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    Thanks Martha i really aprieciate your kind thoughts,i am starting weightwatchers online next month,the disability that i mentioned is Multiple Sclerosis,i have lived with it for 20 years and it does not impaire my force abilities one bit!!
    The independence force is very strong in me!!!! nothing stops me!!! i want to look like the jedi temples next top model at C6!!:)

24. ANGRY_LEIA

May 15, 2002
    "Only a fully trained Jedi, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor."

I love the Force...it can conquer even the worst of enemies (even MS!). May the Force be with you! :)

Martha

25. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    For me, it really depends on how many days I end up going. But I defnetly want to wear the costume I wore last year (which was my Shistavanen/Star Wars Werewolf Jedi Master Costume) and my wife and I were thinking about also dressing up as Cathar Republic Soldiers. We were also thinking about dressing up our kids. My son as Master Yoda and our daughter as a baby ewok. But, we'll see.