main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Your Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Azure_Edge, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    donsolo-

Check the bicyling section of your local Wal-Mart, or any Bicycle specialty store. I've often considered usind the handlebar grips for BMX style bikes and/or racing or x-country bikes; many of them look good. There's a wide range of patterns embossed on the grips, and most (if not all) are made from rubber or plastic, and can easily be cut into strips, sections, or whatever you desire. Though I've considered using such grips, I've kept it old-skool, and continue to use the common types we're all accustomed to seeing on Skywalker-type sabers; the "wiper blade" type grips.

2. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    Thanks for the tip, upon looking around there are some interesting designs out there. Unfortunatly few places online have sizes, so I'll actualy have to go looking around. But for the most part they're all for 3/4 to 1" tubes... so a little on the small side. It's a start though, and I appreciate it!

3. Darth_Valmar

Darth_Valmar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Dose anyone know where I can get a pipe for my lightsaber I need it to be 5 inchs then have a 60 degree bend and then 3 more inchs. I want it all hallow all the way thruw (to fit my blade and junk), chromed, and 1 1/2 round. Yet I need it to be cheap. If anyone knows where to get one tell me of if you got one I'll buy it for 10 $. BTW I need it to be metal.

4. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005

donsolo Are you a sith or jedi, how much do u want to spend ect

5. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I lean towards the lighter side, and I'm trying not to spend a lot on this saber. But please, I'm open to all ideas so fire away :)

6. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005

I say just keep it as is, use muti-sized o-rings, of even bike tire tube. If your wanting to go cheap, now high dallor would be get one made custom from randomsabers.com. There going to do both my sabers.

7. Maraudier

Maraudier Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    I found a bunch of junk in my garage and made something that resemles a lightsaber hilt, not photo worthy tho...maybe ill take a picture when I get my real one done. I also ordered 2 Master Replica Sabers. I will keep 1 authentic and Mod the other one with some luxeons. Does any one know where i could get some Luxeon K2's for a better price than $6 a pop?

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Go to the home depot site and type in "chrome S-trap"

9. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005
    Yeah I was thinking about those but there not right degree and dont have a long enough pipe after then bend.

10. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Well I went to Lowes today and made another saber but either it's not done yet or it blows. I was trying to find the right downsize thing for an emitter but they didn't. Wow I hate that.

11. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Wow, that was kind of confusing.

Are you talking about reducers, for "downsize thing"?

12. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Valmar, go to the "How can I build my own lightsaber?" thread. Or, you can go to Lowe's and look for the EMT 90 degree elbow. Cut it in half and you'll have a matching pair of curvy sabers.

13. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005

thank you man the EMT 90 degree elbow worked awsomely...

14. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005
    How do you guys like my "Draven"[image=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/Hatter13/pipe.jpg]

15. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    No, htey were actually called downsizers. Or something around there. Plus they were all black iron with also sucks.

16. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    That's actually the only one part of your post that I referred to at being confusing to me.

Go back and read it again, you forgot a couple of words.

And it's interesting that you don't know if your saber is not good, or not finished. Don't you have a vision, or sketches of what you want it to look like?

17. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Valmar, from your design I would think that the main portion of the s-trap would do nicely.

18. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005
    s-traps where to small

19. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    I have a vision. But not the patient parents or the right tools.

20. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Ah, those are definite drawbacks. :oops:

21. DARTH_SHOPPING_MALL

DARTH_SHOPPING_MALL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    if yer getting K2's for $6/each, i'd like to know your source.

22. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    Well straight from Lumileds they're $3, but that doesn't include shipping which they will pretty much rape you on. not to mention they aren't in star form yet. You could create a mount though... why am I not in the LED Q&A with this???:confused:

23. Maraudier

Maraudier Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    Well when I posted it I didnt know about the Q&A forum, and yeah straight from the horses mouth is the price (sorta, you can find the price but theres no way to order em [face_thinking])

24. Darth_Adderall

Darth_Adderall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Here's a photoshop kitbash of my saber design... Most of this I plan to get from TCSS...
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Rogh-sensei/saberfull.jpg]

25. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    That's a cool design.:) Where are the claws coming from? Are you making them, or having the made?

I eventually want to build a Lightside saber with claws which will be rounded and curved, not sharp, straight and harsh like a Sith saber.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.