main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Most Expensive Star Wars Purchase

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I went down about 10 pages into this board and didn't find this topic. In fact, I went so far down I found the original Q&A thread.

What has been your single most expensive Star Wars purchase to date? Did you find one of the elusive vinyl-cape Jawas or that vintage Boba Fett variation?
    Or does a life-size Darth Vader inhabit your home? And if you won the Lottery tomorrow, what Star Wars
    figure(s) would you get?

For me the most expensive has been the Attakus Jango Fett. I wanted that as soon as I saw it and was happy to pay the 199 GB pounds. (I also have the MasterReplica Jango Blasters but they were a gift so they don't count..)

I wanted the Attakus Boba but unfortunately he is too expensive for me. Best I could do here in the UK was 699 GB pounds. He and the life-size Boba Fett would be my Lottery wishes.

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Color me cheap...I believe I have yet to spend over $50-60 (US) for any one single item.

Which isn't to say I haven't spent $200-300 or so at one time on Star Wars stuff...but never on just one thing. Since I'm mostly just a modern 3 3/4" loose collector there isn't too much out there that's very pricey for me.

I can think of only two items above that range that I've ever seriously considered purchasing for that matter:

FAO/KB exclusive Imperial Shuttle...I would have picked this up when it was on sale back in Nov/Dec '03 or so, but it was not the best time for my pocketbook...at the normal price tag it just seems a bit much, so it has been (somewhat) easy for me to resist.

Master Replica's Count Dooku Saber...a gorgeous version of my absolute favourite saber...I still have to fight a constant battle with myself to avoid the temptation of tracking one down and buying it, but I fear (or is it hope?) that eventually my willpower is going to snap.

3. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I guess mine would be either the AT-AT or the Imperial Shuttle. And I got both of those on sale for no more than $60.

If I won the lottery. I would definetly love to get a TOY FAIR VADER as well as get caught up on everything I'm missing from 95 to date. And definetly some Stormtrooper armor.

One of those life size replicas would be cool. Most definetly the Vader. I really want one of those Emperor Palpatine sculptures that are like $400 bucks. I think it's an Attakus statue/figurine

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    It's coming up actually...$460 on the Anakin SE saber from Master Replicas.

5. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I got the FAO Exclusive Fambaa when it first came out, and I believe it was priced around $75 bucks at the time (Note: It dropped considerably in price later, going as low as $15 at one point if I remember correctly :( ) plus shipping. So, yeah, that's probably my most expensive/stupid single item SW purchase... [face_blush]

6. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    $400 on my Parks Double Helix lightsaber. And whaddya know, I'm selling it now. Guess I should have saved my money...

7. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    My most expensive single item I've ever bought was my Fan Club Exclusive Limited Edition Leather Rogue Squadron Bomber Jacket, which set me back $300, and which I still wear with pride whenever the weather's chilly enough! :D

The next most expensive thing, by far, has been my Jedi costume. Between the clothing, boots, belt, pouches, and saber props (2 of them), I've spent several hundred dollars at this point. But it's worth it. Whenever I'm at a convention, and someone compliments me on the costume, or whenever a little kid's eyes light up with joy at the sight of a Jedi, and he asks if he can have his picture taken with me.... I know it was money well-spent. :)

8. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    my most expspensive purchase was and still is paying my buddy 1 grand to make me a replica vader suit.

he does a very great job on customizing replicas.

it will be finished by next tuesday.

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    £325 for my Obi-Wan EL lightsaber which I've been considering selling.

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I have 3 things that all come close to costing the same.

1. All 3 Original Trilogy posters plus framing them. It was $20 for each poster plus $100 to frame each one. And I had them all done at once.

2. 2 years ago I bought 28 losse vintage all at once for about $350.

3. the 3rd thing is the Lego Star Destroyer that I paid $325 w/ shipping for.

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I do not know if I want to say. Please do not look at me as bragging but just a person that is a little out of control [face_laugh] lets see I spent $1400.00 on a prototype item, $800.00 on a custom made Jango Fett helmet, $1500 on a pair of Pizza Hut life size figures. Now if you want to know the most I spent in one day I think it was when I bought the life size dudes and a bunch of Hasbro waves, and a Dooku saber. I think it was about $2600 in one day. I was planning on buying a Don Post Boba figure but those of you who know me know why I had to scrap that plan...

If I won a lottery.... It would be very scarey [face_laugh]

12. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Hhm, I don't know that I've spent over 50 bucks for any 1 SW item, my parents got me the shuttle for Christmas....

13. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    CrazyMike, lottery or no lottery, your previous purchases sound scary already to me. :p

14. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Color me cheap, too--I've been known to go all out on buying a lot of stuff at a time, but I can't think of one individual thing I've bought that's been more than about $30, and that was how much my SW board games--Trivial Pursuit, Life, and Stratego--were a piece.

I've also got Ani's Clone Wars speeder.

I feel embarrassed saying this here, but I passed up on a $60 vintage ROTJ lunch box because I didn't feel like I could afford it. :(

15. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    My single most expensive purchase has to be my Master Replicas Count Dooku lightsaber. 199.99 shipped.

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Does a bus count? I just bought a bus for my fanforce chapter that we are going to turn into a Star Wars vehicle for our club. It was $1,500, but will probably cost twice that to fix it up. If costumes count, it would be either stormtrooper armor or Boba Fett costume... I've got $1,000 into my Boba Fett costume and it isn't yet complete. If buses and costumes don't count, then I have a 6 foot long Millenium Falcon (the kind that was hanging in Toys R Us back in 1999) and it cost around $600.

17. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    Whoa! Just checked out CrazyMikes webpage.... <droool droooooooooooooool>. Trying to follow the footsteps of Steve Sansweet? :D

Awesome collection, man! I hope mine will be even just half as good as yours one day! <Liam bows to Mike>

18. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Originally posted by Mara_Jade_Fan:
    Does a bus count? I just bought a bus for my fanforce chapter that we are going to turn into a Star Wars vehicle for our club. It was $1,500, but will probably cost twice that to fix it up. If costumes count, it would be either stormtrooper armor or Boba Fett costume... I've got $1,000 into my Boba Fett costume and it isn't yet complete. If buses and costumes don't count, then I have a 6 foot long Millenium Falcon (the kind that was hanging in Toys R Us back in 1999) and it cost around $600.

A bus?!? ?[face_plain]

HOLY SHNIKES! That should be really cool! :cool:

I think the only way you could top that is if you somehow got your hands on that one-of-a-kind SW Hummer that was made for a contest giveaway a few years ago. ;)

19. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I didn't count my costumes in my above post because I bought/made them piece by piece. Although I do have about $1000 in both my Anakin and Mandalorian.

20. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    My most expensive purchase is a POTF2 At-At which I got off eBay last year for $81. ;)

21. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I believe my most expensive Star Wars-item would be my Master Replicas Darth Maul SE saber which I got for $300 on Ebay.

If I won the lottery (someone would have to play on my behalf) then I would have to buy the rest of the MR-effects I want and if possible a lifesize remote controlled R2-D2 [face_love]

Edit: Mike, you are indeed CRAZY [face_laugh]
    Linda, a bus for your fanforce chapter :eek: . Why aren't you a part of my fanforce. That is a great idea. :D

22. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    oh i forget to mention.

last month i finally got my custome desighned light saber.

the hilt is like mace's but where the actuall beam lights it has a gold serounding and the hilt is black. the blade is black as well. that cost me abought a good 9 hundred 75 bucks.

23. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Most expensive single purchase for me has been my Code 3 Millennium Falcon or X-Wing, around $300 each. I've bought a couple of eBay auctions for ~$1000 each, but those were for many many Star Wars things...as in hundreds of action figures, vehicles, playsets, etc. It's been ages since I got those and I'm still trying to sell off all the extras. It's bad enough that 2 rooms of my house are completely occupied by my collection, but my parents are rather annoyed that their basement is full of Star Wars stuff that I don't even need or want. :)

24. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I think I've spend around $100 on one item. I've got the original SW poster from the outside of the movie theater from 77. My mom asked the manager if i could have it and he said in about a month. She had to do a little flerting for her son. I have it going up the stairs to my loft/office and the frame was $150 with a protective light shield. I have a spot light on it. That might be my most expensive sw related purchase.

25. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    The most expensive SW purchase I have made on 1 item as of right now would be my Lucas figure @ around $100.
    I have been known, with much objection by the Mrs. of course, to spend $600 a week on any number of SW toys and kool SW stuff. If I won the lottery, I would buy every SW arcade game ever made, maybe buy a trip into Skywalker Ranch (if that's even possible), buy every single SW figure ever made, and last but not least...
    pay some genius to make me a REAL lightsaber!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.