main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your opinion on Star wars battlefront 2??

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yoda_of_Soda, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Yoda_of_Soda

Yoda_of_Soda Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Hey guys!

Just got the game, and thought I would need your opinion... I know it's old but still it's pretty cool! :-D

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    So many Battlefront threads

but yea, the game the is awesome, one of my all time fav

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Terrible. No plot, no story.

4. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    One of the best Star Wars game I've played.

Find the Door likes this.
  5. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    Such a great game and there are so many amazing mods/maps you can download for it too if you have the PC version!

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Terrible game, standing shoulder to shoulder with other crap titles in the SW universe.

jp-30 - do you pity these kids who never got to experience the golden age of SW games?

7. Figrin D'aniel

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm just curious, what do you two dislike so much about the game? Yes it didn't have a huge plot and storyline like the Knights of the Old Republic Games or the Jed Knight games but you can't say it had "no plot and no story". It had the campaign to play through, telling the story of the battles the 501st Legion was involved in, including some new stories invented for the game, such as the Battle of Kamino where the 501st fought off rebel clone troopers. Though really I think the best aspect of the game was just experiencing epic battles from the films and seeing the huge scale of them.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    My main beef with it is just how shallowly developed it is-look at the other SW FPS that came out that year: Republic Commando, for comparison. RC has an engaging storyline, nifty levels, AI that's still great compared to a lot of games out there, and really expanded the universe (Trandoshan mercenaries, seeing Kashyyk for the first time ever, etc. etc.)

BF2 has none of that. The 'story' is basically thinly pasted over what are basically multiplayer levels without the challenge; the only ones that are even particularly hard are the Jedi Temple, Hoth, and Tantive IV from the Imperial side. Also-there's no universe expansion here; we have seen all this before either in a movie or another video game. About the only interesting tidbit is the retcon that the stormtroopers in the OT are actually the 501st most times. Which changes...nothing, really. I was really, really disappointed in Hero play in particular; there's no progression of skills from amateur to enemy-crushing, you just get a lightsabre and a Force power or two.

I said this in another thread, but the fan mods are what really make BF2. They're a hell of a lot more creative and interesting than the core game.

RC-1991 and jp-30 like this.
  9. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    it is a pretty fun multiplayer game, i'm not really into shooters but this one is pretty cool

10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You say "all the other" and then mention 1 game.

11. DarthLazious28273

DarthLazious28273 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    I loved it and wished it could be downloadable for the PS3. I used to play it all the time on my old PS2 on the weekends.

12. Krazyhornet

Krazyhornet Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2013
    I really do enjoy battlefront 2.

But it is no where near my favorite star wars game.

13. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I enjoyed it.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    No, I said the other. And I could go on-the Jedi Knight games are better FPS's than this, and so is the original Dark Forces. But, you know, feel free to keep trying to snipe me over something I didn't actually say and all.

15. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Like DarthBoba said, the mods make the game. The vanilla play is nothing special.

DarthBoba likes this.
  16. bhssinger3

bhssinger3 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2013
    It's a great game where you can re-live the Star Wars movie battles as a soldier on the front lines. Also there were some pretty sweet mods for it too. The best one for it is the Star Wars Battlefront Conversion Pack. It added so much content and it even added the KotOR era as well for land and space! That mad alone is worth the price of the game.

Writing is an art and a science. It is an art to write, but it becomes a science when you make what your write, readable.

http://www.mgbe.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com

17. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, the Battlefront Conversion Pack helps. As do all of DannBoeing's maps.

Especially DannBoeing's map packs.

18. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    One of my favourite games ever! I still play it loads on my PS2. My favourite map is Mos Eisley in Assault.

19. Yoda_of_Soda

Yoda_of_Soda Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Well of course its the most fun to be a Jedi or Sith

20. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Yeah I always pick either Ki-Adi-Mundi or Darth Maul. It's really fun playing with my friends on it.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's an OK game, gets dull very fast once you've run around blasting everything for a while.
    I don't think I've replayed it since I complete it first time around, Republic Commando is a much better SW shooter game.

And neither can hold a candle to KOTOR.

22. Figrin D'aniel

Jan 12, 2013
    Yeah really I think the story and the difficulty of Republic Commando was a lot better than the Battlefront series but it was WAY too short. I remember after I beat the game thinking, "That's it??" I feel like especially with the modded maps, which there are hundreds of, there's way much more to do in Star Wars Battlefront 2.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I really want both of those games but I'll stick with BF2 in the meantime.

24. Seren

Seren Jedi Knight

Aug 8, 2011
    I loved the game. Being such a star wars fan I nearly squealed in happiness when mum got me it for me birthday. I had it for 5 years and played a bit over 3k battles. 90% I won thankfully. Unfortunately my brother decided to have a hissy fit and give my game to the dog who thought it was a chew toy. I was not amused. There's better games of course but for me that's a game ill never forget.