main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    All you Yuuzhan Vong appreciators, come and show your facination with the holes in the Force that the Yuuzhan Vong are :p

2. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    I was wondering when a Yuuzhan Vong appreciation thread was going to pop up.

*sets herself up on a nice organic chair*

All infidels will fall to the might of the Yuuzhan Vong! [face_devil]

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    You shoulda made one :p

Oh well, ya didn't, and I did. WOO!! ;) [face_mischief]

The Vong are so cool. Tsavong is my favorite.

4. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Naw that's ok. I didn't want to start one because I can never commit to anything. :p

Favorite Yuuzie is Tsavong, eh? Ol Nasty is what me and Inari_Icewalker call him. lol (just wait till she finds this new fan club lol). Suffice to say our views on all the YV are very skewed now. :p

But anyway, I pretty much like all the Yuuzies with the exeption of Mezhan Kwaad. Poor Vua Rapuung being put through what he had. :(

EDIT: And if you still can edit your title, you might want to add in Yuuzhan Vong. Calling them "Vong" is a great insult. :p

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Done and done. Had to edit it a few times though, for got to fix some things :D

6. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The Yuuzhan Vong are not holes in the force, they just do not have any arms so they cannot grab onto the hammer known as the Force.

I do admire their philosophy on pain... really helps me through football practice...

7. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Walks in
    OH NO! RUN!
    runs away very fast

Rogue_Wraith likes this.
  8. Inari_Icewalker

Inari_Icewalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    I'm here... [face_devil]

"Favorite Yuuzie is Tsavong, eh? Ol Nasty is what me and Inari_Icewalker call him. lol (just wait till she finds this new fan club lol). Suffice to say our views on all the YV are very skewed now."

Mwuahahahah...and so they are. I swear, Tam, you must spend HOURS combing through these threads, lookin' for Yuuzie stuff. I'm sure that makes Hul happy ;) :p

OK, so Tam and I both hate Mezhan Kwaad, aka The B*tch.

Oh, Tam...you forgot to mention our collective disgust with...<drum roll>...NOM ANNOYING!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, Nom Anor sucks. But his pictures are cool :p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tam: Wrongo. The Yuuzhan Vong Military Force was here since last May. It began to get involved with the EUC Civil War last year, and was shipped off to the RPF, along with The Imperial Navy and the Rebel Alliance Fan/RP threads.

11. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Lol @ C-3PX. :D

My favorite Yuuzhan Vong is Czulkang Lah. "Are you certain you are not simply a ooglith masquer with nothing inside?" Hehheh...

12. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah he was cool.

possible spoiler: Too bad they blew 'im up with the SSD though

13. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Mwuahahahah...and so they are. I swear, Tam, you must spend HOURS combing through these threads, lookin' for Yuuzie stuff. I'm sure that makes Hul happy

Actually I didn't have to dig that far today. I caught this one on the first page.

Oh and YOU of all people should know the only way I can keep Hul happy! LMAO [face_laugh]

Oh, Tam...you forgot to mention our collective disgust with...<drum roll>...NOM ANNOYING!!

Actually my once collective disgust has been replaced with collective amusment. Amusment for torture ideas on the sod. ;) Technically I can't say I hate the guy, he just looks after his own arse. Like I've mentioned before, I seriously hope he lives through the NJO series.

Tam: Wrongo. The Yuuzhan Vong Military Force was here since last May. It began to get involved with the EUC Civil War last year, and was shipped off to the RPF, along with The Imperial Navy and the Rebel Alliance Fan/RP threads.

Ahh well see thats the problem:

1) I wasn't as interested in the Yuuzies last year and
    2) I don't visit the RPF a lot. ;)

But thanks for the info.

14. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    count me in with the vong lovers

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Woo, that's what, 5 now? :p

16. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    peeks in
    Hmmmm

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Reading the title, I first thought that this was a discussion thread about Yuuzhan'tar or something. So this is a Fan club, instead.

Well, hate is of the Darkside. And, hence, I don't hate anybody (though I *do* dislike a few ;)).

I am not a fan of Yuuzhan Vong. But I just want to say that Tsavong Lah is an interesing villian. Though he is more than a little fanatic and not too hard to manipulate.

Nom Anor - he has his own views, is very cunning (though he fails a lot), and would have made the perfect apprentice for Darth Sidious ;).

Most curious of all is Nen Yim. What's her role in everything? I gaze into the depths of future and see through settling mists that she might play an important role.

Aunecah_Skywalker

18. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Nom Anor so cool! C'mon! He's awsome!

Sudooku likes this.
  19. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Yuuzhan Vong=teh cool... Only complete ignots don't think so...

Sudooku likes this.
  20. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Exactly what I think Yomin

21. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    The conflict in the GFFA is sad, really. The Yuuzhan Vong came into the galaxy trying to give the races of the GFFA a chance at godhood, but alas...

Of course, the Republic had to resist, so as to test the strength of the chosen race. If they hadn't then the Yuuzhan Vong would lose their own chance at becoming deities.

Traitor Spoilers

The Gifts of the True Gods (by the way, anyone notice that they started calling them that in Traitor? I thought it might be because MWS wanted to do it that way, or perhaps the faith of Tsavong Lah and co. is shaken?) are an interesting addition to the cultural mindset of the Yuuzhan Vong. Traitor on the whole was excellent for revealing things about the Yuuzhan Vong...

For example, after Traitor, I came up with these thoughts on the evolution of the Yuuzhan Vong:

The Yuuzhan Vong evolved into what they are today with the thought that the Gods watched them from the Bridge. As the Yuuzhan Vong progressed, their culture evolved similar the Earth's. The violence and slaughter that plagued the Yuuzhan Vong as their culture was forming made them think that if the gods were so close, then they must want the world like this. So they evolved a fanatic cult which swept their world, because anyone who didn't join was sacrificed. They didn't give up this cult of violence as they progressed because they had an extreme belief in the Gods, and that they wanted the world this way, and because they had an extreme tolerance for pain (redundant nerve systems). I believe Yuuzhan'tar was lacking in resources with which to build technology, so they stayed in this state for millenia, causing fanaticis, and pain-worshipping to be ingrained in their minds. Now at one point or another, a race of technologically advanced beings who used organic ships like the people of Zonama Sekot visited the Yuuzhan Vong leaders at the time and entrusted him with their knowledge of genetic manipulation (via organic implements).

At this point the Yuuzhan Vong were split into tribes who warred with each other. The information they now had allowed them to build massive weapons in a short period of time. IMHO, the race of beings who gave them this were not prepared for the rate at which the Yuuzhan Vong would develop these weapons, because they didn't know of the depths of the Yuuzhan Vong extreme fanaticism, and so they were slaughtered. The Yuuzhan Vong were released on their galaxy, and from there they continued their tribal wars into space.

With incredible speed, the Yuuzhan Vong developed darkspace travel and proceded to leave their homeworld to claim new planets for their tribes. The primitive navigation systems they used did not record the location of Yuuzhan'tar properly, and so the homeworld of the Yuuzhan Vong was lost.

The Yuuzhan Vong swept across the galaxy like locusts, destroying all they encountered recklessly. Finally, the Yo'Gands Core tactic was developed, and the planets of their galaxy were wiped out. Within the span of a few generations their galaxy had lost almost all of the planets the Yuuzhan Vong had found. In an effort to keep their wars going, the Yuuzhan Vong Domains built massive worldships to inhabit (thus the names of the worldships during the conflict in the GFFA tend to be named "Domain Lah"). As the war between the Domains continued, the Yuuzhan Vong searched for habitable planets. Every one they found
    was destroyed by saboteurs quickly.

Finally, one Domain (Domain Shimmra, presumably) developed a way to combat the Yo'Gand's Core technique. Soon after, they rediscovered their homeworld of Yuuzhan'tar. Domain Shimmra countered every attempt at Yo'Gand's Core on Yuuzhan'tar, and built a massive fleet. Mere weeks after the fleets were completed, the various Domains were united under Domain Shimmra, and the first Supreme Overlord ascended to leadership.

Centuries afterwards, the Yuuzhan Vong were stretched to the limit. The last resouces they could find were being consumed quickly, and the protec

Sudooku likes this.
  22. Grand_Moff_Madness

Grand_Moff_Madness Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    I like Nom Anor! He was cool in Traitor. He's always a few steps ahead of everyone. :)

Sudooku likes this.
  23. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Nom is cool

i dont mind the Yuuzhan Vong at all to be honest but Chiss will always be my favorite

Sudooku likes this.
  24. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    WEll yeah, the Chiss are the best, but the Yuuzhan Vong pull up right behind 'em

25. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    yes they do