main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive ~*~*~*Z3LDA'Z DOODL3Z*~*~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zelda_Skywalker, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    Hi...I am starting my own site with all my fan art on it. My computer is really slow and so right now I have alimited amount on there...as the days pass though I will gradually add to this collection.

I would like comments on how to better my drawings..or anything you might like to say about them.

The Darth Vader drawing that is posted on there already is currently in an art contest at my school. I would very much like if you think it is worth anything...

I will add to this over time...Thanx

~*~*~Z3LDA Skywalk3R~*~*~

http://zelda-skywalker.deviantart.com

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Zelda! [:D]
    Welcome to Fanarts!

I love your Vader, he looks very good.
    Would like to know later, what rank he's reached in the contest. :)

Good luck for the contest!

3. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    Indeed very nice Vader. That's one thing I have probs with is fabric. This flows very nicely.

4. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    Thank you very much. I am trying to get my Chewbacca on there. It never did load up yesterday. and I have a fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin that I thought was on there but they never loaded. sorry...

5. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Wow thats cool Zelda I like it.:)

6. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    Thanks...I am trying...I was gonna put some new stuff on there today..but the page isn't working with me today...

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Z3LDA, and let me add my welcome to our forum! I took some time to browse around your gallery at DA, and really like what you've posted there. Being a "pencil addict" myself, I'm especially fond of your drawings--both are done with skill and attention to detail, and are both very nice. The Vader piece has a brooding quality, as though we're seeing him striding through the halls of the Imperial palace, deep in thoughts that may be troubling. The helmet/mask appear more stylized than being a precise representation, and I like this--it demonstrates a style choice and I think--for this piece in particular--it's very effective. The swirl of the robes gives a nice energy to it--a very nice piece! I know the exact photo of Chewbacca that you used for his portrait, and you picked out one of the most difficult views of our Wookiee friend to draw, I think! Wookiee fur is brutally hard to draw (I know this from my own experience, however limited, lol!), and you did a good job of conveying the movement of it in the wind. The PS pieces (if this is how they were done...) are very nice, too--I like "uncluttered," and these are definitely that. The compositions are nicely handled--I like them all, but in particular the one of Vader looming over the burning Temple...very chilling image.

If I had one suggestion, it would be to provide some direct links to your gallery pieces here in your thread--it will make it easier for us to see the newest pieces when you post them.

Great work--again, welcome, and thanks for sharing with us here!

FF

8. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

Thank you very very much FalconFan.
    and you were talking about the stylings...many of the people in my art class who see those are also baffled...
    In some things, I really don't "REPLICATE" as you had said.

In some cases, I try to put Emotional imagery in it. I am working on the emotional output as well as the artwork itself. Usually when you look closely at what I do, you can see things that represent changes in a character or maybe some troubling thoughts.

I want to put what I feel behind it.
    and all but the Chewbacca was made up out of my mind.

I NEVER TRY TO DRAW OFF OF SOMETHING!! I just hate it when I do that.

The rest that I post up may have a bit draw from a photo, but usually it is just thought up. mainly that when I actually get my character drawings up...

BUT I THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS. AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO IMPORVE ON WHAT YOU'RE SAYING...

Thanx...
    Z3LDA SKYWALK3R

9. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Nice work! I'd really like to see those montage / mood pieces in bigger sizes though. I can only seem to get very small images, even when clicking past the thumbnail. They look quite impressive!

Good handle on the pencil work too. As FalconFan said, Wookiees are no easy task! I've yet to draw one I've been happy with, so you're a braver person than I! :p

10. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    I'm really not all that heppy with my works...My friend KT insisted that I put them online for people to show me that they are good...I still don't believe it till I win something...and I am already destined to doom with the current Art Contest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.