main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2010 Saga Awards Cremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SagaFanficAwards, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Congrats, HelloKelly, brokenlullaby, geo3 and Knight_Aragorn!

These entertainment pieces are brill. [face_laugh]

2. SagaFanficAwards

SagaFanficAwards Saga FanFic Awards Sock star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 2, 2006
    ?Now it's time for our last character award: Best Ensemble Cast!? SoA announces, ?As well as our penultimate special guest for the evening, the esteemed Master Yoda!?

Yoda hobbles out amid applause and chants of, ?Yoda! Yoda!? He raises his hand appreciatively to quiet them. Reaching the podium, he steps up onto the stool, but even still, only the points of his ears protrude over the top of it. ?Too tall this podium is I think,? he assesses, then steps down. There are a few chuckles from the audience.

Now standing beside the tall wooden podium, he takes the mic from SoA and announces, ?Come to announce the nominees of Best Ensemble Cast have I. Well-written casts are they and all deserving to win:?

Best Ensemble Cast
    Fortune?s Gate by geo3
    Alive by JediXManSerenaKenobi
    Return to Mustafar by epithree
    Dead Money by The_Face

3. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
  4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations to geo3 and The_Face as well as to their cast of characters. :) =D=

5. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Hooray, geo3 and The_Face! =D= I feel like I should be wearing a tie in acknowledgment of all these ties. :p

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] You could always tie one on. :p

7. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    ?Finally, we come to our last three awards, under the author category,? SoA announces, ?First is Best New Author, where we honor the most talented fresh meat?I mean fanfiction writer in the Saga era. The nominees are:?

Author
    Best New Author
    Icepaw_Kenobi
    Estora
    iceaffinity

8. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    The Best New Author in Saga for 2010 is:

Estora

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hurray, Estora, congratulations! =D=

10. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Hooray, Estora! [:D]

11. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    ?Presenting the coveted award for Best Author is Wedge Antilles!? SoA announces, ?As our final guest for the night.?

Wedge strides on, grinning and waving to the cheers in his full orange X-Wing flight suit. ?Thanks for the warm welcome,? he says with equal warmth, ?Now it's time for the Best Author award. The nominees are:?

Best Author
    Valairy_Scot
    GuerreStellari
    Estora
    earlybird-obi-wan
    JediXManSerenaKenobi
    Padlei

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Wouldn't it be cool if it were a 6-way tie?

13. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I don't know if I can get six ties... [face_worried]

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Sure you can! You're an Ace! :D

15. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    And the winner of Best Author in Saga Fanfiction for 2010 is:

Valairy_Scot

16. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Weeeeeel, if we count bow ties, I might be able to pull something off.

No promises, though. [face_shame_on_you]

Ed: Cograts, Val! [face_dancing] =D=

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yay, Valairy_Scot =D=

18. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    ?Now this brings us down to our final award for the afternoon,? SoA says, ? It really has been a wonderful ceremony. Before we wrap up with the last category, I want to thank all of the special guests for taking the time to join us today, and??

Suddenly catchy Bollywood music blares over the speakers and the dancers pour back out onto the stage. Some are still dressed as Fem Troopers, while others wear sexily-adapted X-Wing flight suits. Still others are probably supposed to be Jedi, juggling light sticks that resemble lightsabers. Of course the skinny Vader is also a part of the dance. Confetti and streamers rain down from the ceiling.

A throng of panicked Christmas elves dash across the stage, waving their hands in the air while a quartet of guinea pigs scurry through the madness, doing cartwheels and other acrobatics.

Somewhere in the midst of the madness, an actual Rebel Pilot grooves with the dancers, grinning broadly.

?What's going on?? SoA shouts, ?We're not done yet! There's still one more award!? She notices the strange hissing noise coming from inside the wooden podium. It sounds suspiciously like a lighted fuse. She takes three quick steps backwards and trips over an oversized hamster ball.

The podium explodes in flames as brilliant fireworks and pyrotechnics burst out.

The audience hoots and cheers while the already panicky elves on stage scream and panic further.

Up in the mod box, DWH turns to Mav and asks with an ironic smile, ?Got those fire extinguishers??

?You bet. Right here,? Mav points to the box in the corner.

?Looks like we're on damage control again,? Trace observes as he takes up a fire extinguisher from the box.

?They'll always need us, I think,? Kelia adds and casually grabs her own fire extinguisher.

Fully armed, the four mods take off once more down the hallway to save the day.

Fem Troopers and dancing pilots leap over SoA as she struggles to get up until Wedge Antilles sees her plight and lends her a hand. Thanking him, which goes unheard over the noise, she takes her microphone in hand and skirts the edge of the dance.

Shouting into the microphone, she announces, ?The nominee for Best Collaborative is:?

Best Collaborative
    Ruin by darksideyesplease and FelsGoddess

Clutching the microphone tightly, SoA flees the stage.

19. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    At long last, the winners for Best Collaborative are:

Ruin by darksideyesplease and FelsGoddess

Give them a hand!

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Woohoo to darksideyesplease and FelsGoddess! [face_dancing]

Now I'm off to get some Mongolian BBQ. Good night everyone, and again, congratulations to everyone! =D=[:D]

21. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Unfortunately, I require both of my hands for typing. :(

However, I can offer much applause to dsyp and FelsGoddess! =D= =D=

22. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    The musical medley finally finishes and the elves, guinea pigs, and dancers finally leave the stage, along with most of the mods.

As SoA reenters, DWH still stands proudly beside the smoldering remains of the podium, fire extinguisher in hand. She greets SoA with a pat on the back, ?Well, that's over. Well done, all things considered.?

?All things considered?? SoA asks, but when she sees DWH's mischievous grin, she qualifies, ?Never mind, I won't ask.? Wary of her silk sari and the mess around her, SoA steps forward and addresses the audience, ?Anyhow, I want to congratulate all of the winners and nominees once again. There was great writing from all of you! I also want to thank our entertainment writers, the rest of the Saga Awards team, the awards overseer, and the mod squad. Lastly, I want to thank all of you for coming and sharing in the celebration. Until next year!?

The curtains fall on the stage and the lights come back up on the auditorium. Perky Bollywood remixes serenade the audience's exit.

23. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Congrats geo3 (* 2), Face, Estora, Valairy, darksideyesplease and FelsGoddess! Great job, everyone!

24. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    CONGRATS TO ALL!=D= @};- :D

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Thanks very much. :)

And a big congratulations to everyone. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.