main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 2010 Santa Claus Parade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I put this on Facebook and here.

So there's a bit of information I still need to get the form entered.

1. What is the total size of the float, and how many people do we have walking?

2. The type of sound system we have, and I assume the type of music would be Star Wars theme music.

3. Describe how your entry relates to this years parade theme: A Teddy Bear Christmas. Any input?

I'm away Friday to Sunday, but I should be back in time for the meeting Sunday night. I'll bring in the entry form and so that it can be completed.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    I posted the event on the 501st board

3. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I figured out how to create a page on Facebook for my guinea pigs today. Maybe tomorrow I can figure out how to create an event.

4. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    you just do a group page.

Talking about events. Do you want me to do an event for the parade on the group page or do you want to do it.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I found a tree for the parade

6. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    There's only 3 meetings untill the parade

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok I've got snow.

Only 1 meeting left so if you have something for the float bring it this week.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok here what's happening. Everything is perfect for a really great year.

First the weather looks great!

We are the second group in the parde right behind the London police. So we start earlier and finish earlier, so less traffic to deal with. a nother great!

We meet at 2:00 PM at the London Rogues club house 1781 Wavell St.

We figure out who can take their cars down town and leave them there for after and who will drive to the parade and leave their cars there to be picked up on the way back. It is 3 kms from stat to finish.

I do have a place in the assembly area for people with armour only to change. The place was just painted so you can't touch the walls or anything like that. I'm saying just those with armour because some day it will come down to changing in the lobby of the this dentist office. So we want to stay on his good side. People with cloth costumes can change at the london rogues club house because they can change there when they get back. It's a fact that a jedi can drive a car in costume and a stormtrooper can not.

After the parade about 7:30- 8:00 Pm we are all going back to the london rogues club house for hot apple cider, hot chocolate and pizza.

If anyone would like to help out with cost by chipping in a couple of bucks that would be great.

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    We have the bears & boxes from build-a-bear.

10. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Everyone I know who saw the parade loved our group! One of my co-works told me that his son was absolutely thrilled that a stormtrooper shook his hand.

11. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    anyone find a video link to the parade yet?

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.