main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA ??!!??!!+!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Who's responsible for changing the backdrop??

Man I dislike these new colors!! j/k

Anyone insterested in breakfast, conversation, & possible surprise??

..meet at Dennys on Henderson in Porterville at 8 a.m. tomorrow(Wednesday) morning. Be there or be missing out!! If you do come bring something to share that symbolizes you and your love of Star Wars.

Star Wars Holiday Special stole my innocence!!!!

Merry Secular Christmas!

2. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    That sounds interesting, very interesting....

Merry non-secular Christmas,hahahha!!!

3. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Middle of the week... I doubt I would be able to make breakfast and still make it to Fresno by 8 am. :_|

4. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Merry non-non-Secular Christmas!! [face_laugh]

Hint to possible surprise can be found on page 11 of Star Wars Insider Issue #82.

[face_devil]

5. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    All right, enough with the suspense since I'm such a big hater of suspense when it comes to surprises.

I reconnected with a guy named Michael who I briefly met at the EP III premier in Porterville. He's interested in the group, mentioned he was into R2 building and sent me some cool pics of him, his R2 and the guy that played Chewbacca(can't remember his name right now-total brain freeze), and Quinton and I are meeting him and his sons tomorrow for breakfast. He's from Terra-Bella. One of his sons wants to get into Mando costuming and I thought I'd take some of my props to share with them. Michael also mentioned taking a look at one or more of his R2 units/projects he's got going on. I know most of us are working, but I just thought some of us who aren't might want to get together, fellowship, have some b-fast, and show Michael and his kids how friendly and fun our group is.

Sorry if I ruined the suspense.

Like my new avatar??[b/]

6. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004

[quote=Cruzer_Fett]Who's responsible for changing the backdrop??

Man I dislike these new colors!! j/k
    [hr]

[b][color=firebrick]I am, of course, responsible for this "wonderful" Christmas banner. I have the Secret Decoder Ring which gives me the (ULTIMATE) power to subject you to these colors.[/color][/b]

[hr]
    "Anyone insterested in breakfast, conversation, & possible surprise??

..meet at Dennys on Henderson in Porterville at 8 a.m. tomorrow(Wednesday) morning."
    [hr]
    [b][color=firebrick]The wizard begins work at 8:00am or I know he would love to come. He is interested in building a Droid.[/color][/b]

[hr]
    If you do come bring something to share that symbolizes you and your love of Star Wars.
    [hr]
    [b][color=firebrick]That would be a copy of the Holiday Special, correct?[/color][/b]

7. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    That sucks. I would love to go but it's too short of notice. Liz has to work tomorrow morning, and 8am is not good for me. I hope to meet them sometime soon.

8. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    actually, i like my icon better. THIEF!

9. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    I believe I posted with it first!!!!:p

Fine,you win, I changed it to something a little more blahhh!

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    went to school with this guy... don't really know him, though.

poked around his web page last night, it would be ever so cool to meet him (again) in a different context than high school.

BUT. will be at work at 8am, just off the highway there. tantalizingly close, yet so far. wish it had been thursday, but oh well.

have a good time, you crazy gizmo builders!

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    so...?

how was your get-together? don't leave us hanging.

12. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Can we maybe try this idea agai but maybe for lunch and on the weekend. Everybody, a week from saturday, lets meet some where in p'ville for lunch.

13. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Meeting Micael and his sons and daughter was great. Good conversation during breakfast. They're big SW fans like the rest of us. The R2-D2 unit was amazing and his up-and-comming R2 unit is going to be the things that dreams are made of for those who have ever dared to consider the idea of making a lifesize R2 unit. Actually after seeing his R2, the hardest part to building one seems to be all of the detail on the outside and not so much the mechanics in the inside. I just didn't realize how much detail there is on the body of one of those things. I guess my stainless steel trash can dreams just don't suffice after meeting Michael. Guy's great though and so are his kids. Quinton really had a good time playing with his kids, which are all really nice and really cool.

Don't want to ramble so that's it for now.

I would be all for everyone getting together for a breakfast thing? or meeting for coffee because that was fun? Can it be done sometime before next weekend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.