main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV 2nd Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Sorry, cant listen to commentaries until after Ep3. I just like Vader is all, and some people take this game waaaaay too seriously. And Im beginning to wonder why there are judges at all since a few people seem to have very clear set expectations of what should happen.

And dont tell me to listen to Lucas. I dont know where you get off saying something like that to me of all people but you obviously dont know jack about me. I was Star wars fan before you even existed.

Seriously dude I dont want to turn this into yet more forum drama. Thats the last thing mesa wanting. Its just that no-one ever questions my Star Wars loyalty or dedication. (you can argue that you didnt mean it that way but it was how I took it.) That would be like going up to the Pope and saying he's and athiest....or something.

Vader Still wins :D

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i don't take GL's word into account on anything because HE can't even correctly pronounce things the way they are in the movies....which is the canon....so if the maker can't even do that slightest little thing....i'm not gonna listen to him....

But yes good match. I was nervous about some of the matches. I just picked better numbers is all.

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I agree that Vader would take it in a pretty decent fight. Congrats Janks, I picked you from day #1 to win the whole thing and you deserved it. Great job!

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Thank you.

This is my second draft...granted it's not as big as the SWC draft.....but i'm still pretty happy that I went all the way undefeated.

5. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Janks, you would have had a decent team even over in SWC. Exar and Vader are a great 1,2 punch and you had a good backfield too.

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Uhhhhhh, the stuff that comes out of GL's mouth is canon. I don't mind if you don't agree with what he said, but you didnt create Star Wars. As for you being a fan longer, does that even matter? No, it doesnt.

I was just trying to point out evidence that Vader is certainly not unbeatable in the suit, whether you accept that is your problem but you're deluding yourself... Not that I really care

If Vader was so unstoppable, why didnt he kill the Emperor BEFORE Luke showed up...Because he isnt good enough, obviously ;)

EDIT: Janks you should sign up in SWC for the next draft over there when it starts up! Both of our teams would have been competitive, and yours certainly could have won the title :)

7. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Vader is the coolest, therefore, he can beat everyone. That's because I said so.

So we start the next draft today? I'll go first if you want, and second, and might as well go third too. Then maybe I can win! I know my next team will draw some more critical fire. I definitely will never join the SWC draft. A little too uptight for my blood. They all need to start chilling out about fictional characters...

8. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Just because they are uptight though, doesnt mean if you participate you have to be too

9. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I read through the last draft and I just wanted to kick some people. That's not fun. Although it might be fun to make a horrible team on purpose and constantly argue that they should win every fight.

10. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    What I think is more fun is trying to get a new player respect...Someone everyone thinks stinks and then try to make everyone realize that the certain Jedi/Sith is badass

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    I agree the SWC draft has a few people who are very involved and passionate about it but it's fun during the acutal draft stages and during the round just don't post as much.

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    As far as the next SNJD is concerned, we may be having a little regime change, and with that may come a change in reglations. So the draft will probably be put on a short haitus while some logistics get worked out.

13. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Are you going to get involved in the next SWC Draft, Kev?

I'm actually looking forward to fielding another team and "defending" my title from last year :p

14. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    I plan on getting involved in the draft but I missed sign-ups last time.

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Stupid seeding :mad:

16. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    What do you mean by regime change? That doesn't sound too promising. Kinda like my choosing Marka Ragnos...

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    What do you mean by regime change?

re·gime n.
    - a. A form of government: a fascist regime.
    - b. A government in power; administration: suffered under the new regime.
    2. A prevailing social system or pattern.
    3. The period during which a particular administration or system prevails.
    4. A regulated system, as of diet and exercise; a regimen.

change n.
    1. The act, process, or result of altering or modifying: a change in facial expression.
    2. The replacing of one thing for another; substitution: a change of atmosphere; a change of ownership.
    3. A transformation or transition from one state, condition, or phase to another: the change of seasons.
    4. Something different; variety: ate early for a change.

So pretty much, there MIGHT BE a transformation of the current administration or system that controls the draft next time around.

... or for any Lay-People who might have accidentilly stumbled across our board, I MIGHT hand over Commish duties to someone else.

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    The amount of effort you put in your posts astounds me. Not only the crap it takes to make it colorful, you actually copy and paste stuff from other web sites. I attempted to do something on the scale of Moron with the Fan Force Rankings, but as you can see, that's not updated very often. I would say that if half the other posters here put in the same effort, we could solve world hunger or the whole 10 hot dog packages/8 bun packages debacle.

All that to say, I thought you were giving up the Emporer position, and as the Hand of Moron, I think I should know about that. That's all. Uh, so...

ON WITH THE DRAFT!

VIVA EL MORON!

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I try my best ;)

20. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    So by that one post your saying you might let an outsider commish if you can't?

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Not exactly.

22. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I would say that if half the other posters here put in the same effort, we could solve world hunger or the whole 10 hot dog packages/8 bun packages debacle.

Hilarity at it's finest [face_laugh]

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    So....

how's things in Nevada?

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Fine, and you?

25. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN