main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 41 ABY - Shadow Games

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Sarafur, Swamps

?I know you survived that.?

Alec had grunted and fell face-first into the swamp as he was hit in the back, a warmth spreading across his back as his armor absorbed the heat of the blaster bolts that had been fired. Fortunately, that warmth immediately cooled once the water sloshed over the beskar armor. Beskar topped the durasteel in terms of durability, but Alec knew of the stories of how the occasional few that still wore beskar could roast in it if enough blaster bolts hit them.

Once again, as fortune would have it, that wasn't the case for now and fighting in a swamp may allow Alec to not have to worry about it if he can keep his armor cooled. Course, he still had an enemy to deal with.

And more trouble when the sensors within his armor detected plenty more visitors up ahead but let's deal with the current threat first.

As the voice - a woman's voice - spoke, Alec raised him enough out of the swamp so that he could get a clear look at his opponent. A Devaronian, blasters, and....a personal shield. At least that's what he figured that the glow around her was. Not bad then. Alec reviewed his own weaponry in his mind; the rifle he still had, KYD-21 and DE-10 blaster pistols, hidden vibroblades, crushgaunt, wrist-mounted flechette launcher, and if firepower was indeed really needed there was also an MM9 wrist rocket at his other wrist.

Could wear down the shield with his blasters but she was probably going to wear him down with her rifles long before he could pierce through that shield with his pistols. His best bet then was the wrist rocket. Hit her hard and fast.

Raising himself from the swamp Alec pointed it at the Devaronian and fired the 1126 rocket already loaded within the launcher. He was already thinking of activating his jetpack and closing the distance between them if he missed or it didn't take her down. Shields were mostly used to deflect blaster bolts and hopefully the one that this woman was wearing wasn't modified to deflect melee attacks. It would be that much more difficult when he tried to crush her throat with the crushgaunt.

TAG: Sinrebirth

2. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob.
    Crash site

Hob Bob slowly got up after being tossed about in the crash.

[i]Ow[/i]

[i]Oh **** me your back?[/i]

[i]Yep, MUST be brain damage[/i]

Ignoring himself he took stock of the change in situation.

The blastboat had held together fairly well concidering, the jedi was still out but he couldn't see the scientist.

Fisrt thing he did was find the med kit and pump the Jedi full of seditives. Then he got to work whipping up somthing a little... more appropriate.

As he did this he tried the comms.

"Helloe? anyone out there? command?"

[i]Nothing[/i]

[i]Well what did you expecet?[/i]

He looked down at his pistol with longing.

"in the off chance you can hear me, the jedi went nuts, killed everybody but me and the scientist, and is now under seditives and about to be poisined by me. Hob Bob out"

He smiled under his helmet as a thought occurred to him.

"Oh one last thing, I owe someone on your crew an apology, just tell them if I make it out of this alive they'll be recieving a visit from me at their home." He figured he migh as well mess with whomever that had been in the hall while he still had the chance.

[i]that was my idea[/i] He thought smugly to himself as he continued working on his poisin.

[hr]

TAG Sinre, solo.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    6 ABY

IC: Draco
    Sarafur, Swamps

Mel exploded into flame, and the swamp surrounding her area promptly burst alight. It was overkill - but it was the Mandalorian way. You don't leave someone at your rear, no matter how much you wanted to. Of course, however, that meant attention was shifted from the band of motley mercs to this new explosion - and of course Finn took advantage of it and opened fire. The entire swamp was aflame with blaster fire, fifteen Stormtroopers pouring fire into Alec's approximate position, and Finn's team scattering into the undergrowth and opening up with blaster rifles, grenades and all manner of weapons.

From a bevy of blaster fire came Draco, the Barabel missing the skin on his left shoulder and bounding towards Alec, shooting from the undergrowth and bowling the Mandalorian teen over. Draco hissed, blood leaking from his mouth as he batted Alec's blaster from his hands. "Thiz one needz your armour!"

TAG: Sarge221

[b]IC: Ennac the Rakata Holocron[/b]
    [i]Crash site, Upper Mountain, Shadow[/i]

[blockquote]The shuttle calmed, until the transparisteel screen finally gave way, opening up the shattered tomb up to the dusty air. There was a light suddenly evident, thankfully just as the emergency lights within the gunboat finally gave out. [b]Hob Bob[/b] and [b]Raxle[/b] were alive, just about, though [b]Zey[/b] was unconscious, and slightly submerged in his own blood. The others were still dead, their cuts still cooling down in the air.

It was a horrific scene, but then, when a little tiny pyramid floated itself into the gap where the window had been and a hologram of an alien species that hadn't been scene for four thousand years gestured, grabbing at Zey's body and yanking it out of the cockpit, while using the other hand to throw around the eviscerated remains of [b]Zadann[/b] and [b]Hooley[/b] at the two survivors - it was about to get worse.

The Holocron hissed, releasing a vexed sigh that was all bile. "He is [i]mine![/i]"

In the main cavern, within the blob of energy which was providing all the light, was [b]Mal Judder[/b]. Of course, he was unaware of that. His concerns were focused thirty millennia earlier, though he would never understand the time scale. The mountain of Kolosolok began to slowly ponder towards Mal, especially because the troopers weapon was hurting him most. The Killik was covering distance a great deal quicker than Mal could, and it was very clear things were about to get unpleasant.

To make things more difficult, Mal tripped. The hilt of one of those shining blades, wielded by these 'Bogan' was protruding from a crevasse where it was jammed. As he caught it, the blade ripped free of the rocks, slicing them apart as if they were butter. The blade rolled down next to him, even as the Kolosolok caught up to him, its shadow overflowing across Mal's armour. A man screamed, behind Mal, and above his head a stream of smaller thumb sized Killiks were preying upon the retreating forces. Around Mal, Killks were eating humans, Drall and Selonians alive, even as the latter were killing their injured to save them from such a fate.

And, of course, Mal dropped his concussion grenade as he fell, it rolling away from him. He'd need to reach out with hands he had never used, invisible hands, if he was to recover it. But that would take time - and time was something he didn't have.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: HanSolo29, WINKWINK, Trimaj[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Gorog[/b]
    [i]Deep down in the planet[/i]

[blockquote]The tentacle exploded, pouring all manner of mass into the depths - and instantly showing out that this creature that had been plaguing them all day. The sarlacc roared out, its tentacles reaching out and grabbing [b]Cara[/b]. Her voice turned up, towards the ceiling, but that refused to give way - someone was blocking her, with just as much power as her - using the Killiks potential against her.

[b]Gorog[/b] snapped out. "You are [i]mine[/i]! You will not die!" Cara's arms we

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Dark Side

The time since the Battle of Endor had not been a war between the renewed forces of democracy and the weakened forces of the dictator. Nor had it been a war between the reborn Jedi Order and the crippled Sith and Dark Jedi. Not at all. It had, by and large, been a war over the legacy of the dark side. The death of Palpatine shattered a fragile alliance of the Dark Jedi, Prophets and Inquisitors that had made the Dark Side nearly omnipotent. While Darth Sidious and Darth Vader had made the darkness all but invincible, these smaller toys and pawns of the Empire had increased their reach far beyond anything two single individuals could have made. And so these pawns made their own efforts to command the darkness, or withdrew into the shadows to survive - and in the shadows they discovered their Sith legacy.

Groups of Sith began to form when there had only been a few dozen within the sects of Bane and Millennial, and these groups took the soil that worlds such as Ziost, Korriban and Lehon offered them and rooted themselves, building in the shadows and preparing for their own time to succeed. The Dark Jedi became Sith, and others still became One Sith. The darkness began to build, and to grow, in numbers equivalent to if not more than the Jedi. But they were not unified. Luke Skywalker could focus a hundred of his spawn upon any enemy - and defeat it soundly.

The reign of Darth Caedus was not a single effort by a pair of Sith dedicated to victory, but a delicate balancing act between the survivor of the Dark Nest and the One Sith, all three groups determined to make use of the other, all three unable to trust the next. Even as Lumiya used Alema Rar as a target, she manipulated the One Sith into assisting Caedus and thus giving him even more time to wreck havoc across the galaxy. And then the One Sith killed Alema, to be sure that their secret would be safe. No more than forty Sith, acting at once, and nearly bringing the Empire back to the galaxy...

And so when the energies of Shadow stirred following the destruction of the worlds surface, Sith and dark side groups across the galaxy writhed. The Nightsisters stared into the Heartshadow, unable to do anything beyond cower in the mountains of Dathomir. The Mecrosa, terrified that they were being lured from hiding after having only recently recovered from their destruction, buried deeper into the shadows of the Tapani sector. Yu'Dor, deep in the Unknown Regions hiding from Kyle Katarn, knew she could not act, for she was alone. But it was here where her fidelity to the Rule of Two was finally broken. The Malevolence on Prakith writhed, wishing they could depart their world but too fearful of their master, Darth Andeddu, to depart for Shadow. The Acolytes of Darkness, still concealed on Ziost, so close to discovery again as Ben Skywalker walked their world.

The One Sith, sensing this new power, and this new technology, and foreseeing that something terrible had shifted in the darkness, dispatched a lone agent to discover the truth - a maverick, someone that Darth Krayt could do without. On Lehon, the Dominion of Darkness found that a Holocron belonging to Gorog was at last willing to share its knowledge, the first Sith Holocron in their collection to do so. They knew what was coming. On Kesh, the Lost Tribe of the Sith, with a Sith Meditation Sphere named 'Ship' bringing them back to the galaxy after five millennia, suddenly, in the midst of a teaching session with one of the Circle of High Lords, and so that mission became one of scouting as well.

However, one creature had also made his way there. Lured back from the depths of his own darkness by the re-emergence of the Killiks, and the possibilities they offered for him, his name was one which had reverberated through the ages - among those few who knew of him. Not because of his power, or skill - of which he had ample amount, enough to threaten everyone on Shadow - but because he held the key to the mysteries of a species k

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar

Well that seemed to buy some time and one Sith was dead so the odds were looking up as well. Now lets see here, how was he to deal with whatever became of this now that he had finished with his emotional quota for the conflict?

Anakin seemed distracted for some reason, turning his head cautiously he took in the sight of the chiss's body, to which he nodded "Good Ridance to bad fertilizer." But then he noticed Anakin was looking a bit long and eyes to narrowed to be looking at that. Then motion caught his own eyes as he looked and a vision of a nightmare that had to be from the seventh level of Corellian hell! Which automatically drove what rational he had been gathering to deal with the situation probably to the sixth level.

"I say we run past the squaters and keep sailing to the control room, let consequences sort themselves." he spoke softly to his two companions, "Because there is no way I want to fight that."

Lifting his Deadhead blaster he took aim and shot a Killik and lifted a piece of Celestial healing pad thing, "We get through I'll mend whatever's cut."

TAG: Nick, Sinre

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    whatever remains of Cara Ta´Manis
    Shadow, Depth

She laughed out again as the clown began fighting the Sarlaac for the right to kill her first. She had given upo her life several hours ago, WHY did they not finally kill her? She laughed again. It was all so laughable, right now. And slowly getting used to draw on the power of Gorog she interrupted her laugh for another scream. Higher. More violent. Directed at the tentacle itself. And a bit at herself. Yes. At herself. At Gorog. She felt her rips bend. They would soon break. Pain was still abscent, though. Except for the pain Gorog felt.

Crawling out of the pit she watched the man with the red blade. "What are you waiting for then?" She shouted to him. "Get ME!" And she jumped up. Carrying herself on the power of Gorog to the far end of the cave.

"Get me Insipiwhatever!" She laughed. And laughed. And laughed. Again she could not stop laughing.

Gorog. Cara. Laughing.

"Get Gorog."

Tag: Sinrebirth

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarafur, Swamp

Alec only had a moment to admire the flames that marked where his enemy had once been and then he had to duck his head down as blaster fire started passing through the swamp. Well, he guessed that the stormtroopers over there wouldn't have been able to miss the detonation of a rocket like that one Alec had used. His KYD-21 pistol in hand, he fired off a couple bolts in the direction of the stormtroopers.

It was when he was firing back did Alec realize that it wasn't just his bolts that were rushing forward to strike back at the stormtroopers. Not just bolts even. Grenades were in the mix as well and Alec was pretty sure he wasn't the one throwing them.

He glanced over his shoulder, trying to see who else was shooting, just in time to spot a large Barabel run forward. The Mandalorian didn't have time to react before the alien knocked him over.

"Thiz one needz your armour!"

"This one needs you dead!" Alec snapped in reply. His pistol had been knocked away by this newcomer, leaving Alec's palms currently empty of blasters. But that didn't mean he wasn't unarmed. Especially when one hand was encased in a crushgaunt that now reached out to grip the Barbel's face or other body part to crush with severely enhanced strength.

8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Hoole
    The Moon Shadow, Cave

A decade he had given himself to the phlegmatic withdrawl that had resulted from his apprentices degeneration. He had meditated and honed his skills, but avoided the galaxy. The Emperor had stirred him back into activity, when his fleet surprised him in the Ishana field. Relocation had been necessary. And even deeper hiding. So deep he was not sure if he would ever leave his sanctum. Yes. There had been occasional journeys. Most remarkably his last one that had ended the Brandl bloodline. But even that had given him little satisfaction. It made no sense. No sense at all. A hollow task to be fulfilled because of ancients vows. A self-serving task.

Then he had decided to wait no longer. He had dived deep into the darkness. Taken a dip in the cruel realm of hatred and insanity. And had confronted his former apprentice. Now only a memory of his former self in the many bodies he called his own. He had killed. For days and weeks. And layer by layer he had ripped apart his former apprentice mind, until he had found the very core of it´s existence. And he found nothing. A void. What a triumph. What a purpose it would be to fill that void and make Xenly his once more . . .

And so Hoole had left he retreat once again and made his way into the galaxy. It had not changed that much, he realized. Eternal wars, Jedi and those who hated them. The uprisings of the Sith had become even shorter. Their last incarnation so bizarre in it´s short-lived existence it was hardly existent at all. And ancient evils poured back into the galaxy. Lomi Plo had come and was gone. As was Solo. Patience was still a virtue unknown.

As shadow shoes painfully. They all rallied here, like there was anything to be won from ancient secrets. Celestial had died out. What did that imply concerning their superiority?

Though the Kiliks were here. And with them some sort of new hive-structure. They seemed to have taken a new host, a new Gorog. A leader of their hive. An incarnation. Xenly had revealed that much to Hoole. As visions of this place floated into his meditations.

So he joined the gathering of pretenders. Sith, Jedi, Soldiers and traitors from all parts of the known galaxy. Too many to distinct them.

The storm had made landing difficult, though the force had guided him. Now, as he entered the caves he pushed the dust of his long black coat. His obsidian eyes probing a lesser darkness, that of shadow. While the true was kept contained in his soul and thoughts.

He felt the Kiliks near him. Felt them hunger. In time . . .

the long hilt of his lightsaber left the brackets that had attached it to the side of his upper leg and it jumped into his head. He descent began. Looking for this new Gorog. And the secret of it´s ascension to the head of the hive.

Patiently he stepped into the depth. Entered the corridors, made his way through the obvious signs of battle and death. Deeper and deeper into the shadows. The Kiliks he encountered posed no challenge. Most were simply slammed into walls so hard their armor cracked open. Others fell before his crimson blade.

It was too easy. No challenge came from them. No challenge seemed to exist anymore. Maybe the Jedi would be more of a danger to him. Maybe they would at least fight.

Maybe he only wasted his time . . .

It did not matter. Killing made him feel alive again.

Smiling he leaped down into the even darker places below.

9. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob
    crash site

[i]Not much to work with ol buddy[/i]

Hob Bob puased in his work to turn an inward glare at himself

[i]Ok ok, sorry[/i]

As he was getting back to work a... somthing crashed through the shipped, threw the remains of his team mates at him and the scientist, grabbed the body of the jedi, and left with said body.

Bob, still seated, looked at the piece of reptile that had bounced off of him and blinked once inside his helmet.

He then turned to the litle guy almost buried in body parts and asked nonchalantly "did you do that?"

[i]Psh, of course he did that, he conjured a thingy out of stuff and made it move-sorry "Fling" other thingys around with other stuff[/i]

[i]I swear, I'm gonna kill us both[/i]

[hr]

TAG sinre, Solo.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC sorry this took me so long. moving into school and getting acclimated kinda took over my life for a while. should be able to post at least once a week in the RPF now.

IC: Mal Judder/ Upper Mountain/ Shadow
    The Cavern / Sometime in the past

Seeing something that could crush him like a bug coming towards him, at quite a clip at that, Mal started getting a bit nervous. And sloppy. The rust finally showed through, as he tripped over some rock he hadn't really seen. Yelling out in a choice string of expletives, the Storm Trooper fell onto his back. Thankfully he was leaning towards his legs due to his pack, or getting up easily would have been somewhat out of the question.

Noting what he knew to be a lightsaber at his side Mal reached for it. It might come in useful, assuming he didn't end up as a hot cake on the bottom of the moving mountain's foot... claw thing. The odds of that were looking increasingly unlikely as he had also lost the concussion grenade. That was twice today that he'd lost a grip on an explosive, and that was something his instructors would never let him live down if he ever saw them again.

For some reason he could feel the grenade off to the side, but there was no way for him to even begin to figure out how to get to the thing.

Grabbing the cohesive bar of light at it's hilt, Mal rolled out of the lumbering beasts way. What was irritating about the situation was that the saber's pack was... elsewhere. Cursing again, this time under his breath, Mal managed to get up before the great beast managed to turn towards him, and so using what leeway he had from the cord, Mal slashed at the creature's side, hoping it would make some wound on the creatures underbelly as it moved past him.

TAG: SINRE

OOC:
    again, my apologies ryan... been a long few weeks for me.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Workan
    Tunnels, Centerpoint

The blaster shot hit the Killik in the eye, which surely didn't do much more than enrage it. Anakin was shook from his stupor and readied the crimson lightsaber in his hand, looking to Isis and nodding to Driggs. "Agreed." The five Sith backed away as one, defending the one at the rear who had yet to ignite his weapon. Workan pressed a hand to a wall as he passed it, which dutifully opened - to his surprise - and Workan vanished through the gap. The remaining four Sabers nodded, understanding their role, and then sped as the corridor opened up behind them into a wider room; giving their numerical advantage space to be used.

Anakin, Isis and Driggs had their opponents on the back foot, but not defeated. Anakin's eyes were searching for whatever portal that the fifth Sith had found, but he couldn't focus, sensing that Isis was fading. "Driggs, can you do something historical and work out the glyphs?"

Behind them, a wet slap sounded as the monstrous Killik fell through the roof, momentarily stunned by its sudden fall. The Sith began readying blasters and throwing knifes. And then promptly began pounding the trio with attacks, keeping them pinned - and not providing them with many options either way. They didn't have much time for Driggs to save them.

TAG: Mitth, Nick

---

IC: Ennac the Rakata Holocron

Tossing the body of Zey away, the Rakatan Holocron looked to the Mandalorian Hob Bob, and the professor, and actually smiled. It was a Rakatan smile, but one nonetheless. The Holocron levitated itself over to the Kel Dor, and began examining him. "Yes... yes..."

In the Blob, however, Mal Judder had plenty to worry about as it was. The Kolosolok advanced, as Mal made every effort to whip it, and, with a slam down of its foot, sent him flying back - out of the Blob. He rolled across the stone floor, still gripping the weapon he had discovered, and felt something flood back into him. It was the Force, but not that Mal would know that the Blob had cut him off from it as part of its history mechanism. The Kolosolok's head began to push through, and Mal could recognise the creature as what it was by looking at the Rakatan Holocron, now peering over a stunned Kel Dor in front of a downed shuttle.

The Blob was a Celestial Holocron, and, after millennia of being bent by the Dark Side of the Force, had crossed the divide from data to reality at some point. He could also sense his grenade, across the void of time and space. It was mind-boggling, but in a few seconds a massive Kolosolok was about to follow him into this world...

TAG: Trimaj, HanSolo29, WINKWINK

---

IC: Gorog

The tide of Killiks made for easy killing by Hoole, of that there was no doubt, and he quickly made his way to where the group had initially split apart. In that chamber gravity had reestablished itself, and the cavern branched off in three places still. One way, below where the tunnel had dropped him unceremoninously off, behind him, another, before him, following the strange cables down into the depths - where the stink of death filled the Force - and above him, a tunnel that seemed to go up, into the heart of the mountain atop this strange construct. In the Force, Hoole would be able to sense that there was a confrontation going on in either direction, and the dark side of the Force was prevalent in each area.

But in this cavern there was a whirlwind of Killiks, all snapping and gnashing their teeth at the creature. A memory rose, unbidden, of Xenly's sudden fear, six years earlier, declaring that the Old Ones had returned. The Killiks were not a threat, were they? In the center of the Killiks, on the far wall, an explosion rang out, and through it came what could only be described as an eye - a metal eye, surrounded by vanes and wings. Ship.

The Sith Meditation Sphere ignored the Killiks, and they snapped their claws at both Hoole and

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarafur, Swmap

Alec felt the jaws of the Barabel clamp on his hand, and it's tail was going to make sure that movement was difficult for his arms. Still, that didn't mean Alec was just going to stop fighting of course. His crushgaunt tried to find a good grip on the jaw of his opponent, seeking to finish what he had been trying to do before.

Despite the seemingly dire circumstances, Alec felt the euphoria that all Mandalorians spoke of when they found themselves in such heated battle. Going hand-to-hand with a Barabel much stronger then him, blasterfire everywhere. It got his blood going and only now did Alec realize what it truly was to be a Mandalorian; to revel in the glory of combat, to put your own life on the line as you try and discover what you're truly capable-

What was that?

With the struggle between him and his opponent, Alec didn't take note of the sudden shaking until something was pushing up beneath him and the Barabel, causing both to roll and then...fall.

Suddenly they were falling and Alec immediately planted his feet against the Barabel, not only to avoid the hands it was seeking to clasp around his throat, but also to push against him, bringing him into position to cushion Alec's fall. The Mandalorian wasn't sure how far they were dropping afterall.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Draco
    Tomb, Swamps, Sarafur

Alec and Draco rolled down the steps, and pushed with his feet down on the Barabel, the push coinciding with them rebounding off the steps and hitting the floor; Alec pushed Draco on to the floor, with bone-crushing force, the weight of his body falling on the Barabel's chest. A snap, and a gurgle, and then the Barabel fell, pliant.

Blaster fire rang out above them still, but, for a beautiful moment, there was silence in the tomb. And then a cackle.

Deeper.

A single tunnel ran into the depths.

There were, worryingly, black armoured corpses all along the floor. Burning torches lined the walls - no, flickering bulbs - illuminating various bodies. One with spears protruding from armour plates and seams. The second, with what appeared to be melt damage from a pool of liquid chewing into the soldiers head. All that could be seen of another was a leg, protruding from the middle of the wall. Of another, there was a single helmet - seemingly not empty, just missing the rest of it.

A blaze of blaster fire rippled down from the entrance, burning pits into the stone, a bolt chipping a chunk of beskar from Alec's shoulder. A few moments later, three of surviving the mercs came down, firing up at the Stormtroopers that spat fire back down at them. Nobody had noticed him; yet.

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarafur, Swamps, Tomb

The freedom that returned to his limbs upon the death of the Barabel caused Alec to fall and tumble off the corpse. Immediately placing a knee and hand on the floor, Alec looked towards the corpse of the Barabel, then up at where he could still hear the sounds of battle, then-

A cackle.

Alec whipped out his DE-10 pistol with his free hand, immediately pointing it in the direction of the cackle as his head swung towards it. His breathing quick, eyes wide, and finger just stopping itself from adding that one pound to pull the trigger, Alec was ready for more surprises that may come his way. And battle. He got his first taste and he was ready for more.

But he wasn't going to find any honor in fighting corpses. At the sight, Alec calmed down, though his blaster pistol remained in a steady grip, sweeping around the area while he examined the corpses. Bodies, armored in black, and...Alec raised a brow. Spears in one body, the second had...had his head melted? A leg, a helmet...what happened to these people? Did Alec manage to get himself into one big death trap?

A hit to his shoulder caused Alec to whirl back around, apparently the battle having managed to drift down here. Three mercenaries, and no doubt the Stormtroopers were the ones firing upon them. So far, they didn't seem to notice the Mandalorian.

Shoot? Their backs were turned, giving him the perfect opportunity. But that would just leave him to face against the stormtroopers. The choice was obvious then.

Picking himself up from the floor, Alec took off down the tunnel. He checked his DE, making sure the pistol was indeed fully charged and safety was off, while plucking a rocket from his belt and loading it into his MM9. He might be needing this soon. Who knew what other traps this tomb might have.

Despite the dangers, Alec grinned to himself. A true test of survival. He was enjoying this mission more and more.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Tunnels, Centerpoint

The enemy was coming, and they were pinned...there was a reason he never went on these kind of missions even when it was a part of purvue. He grabbed his head tugging at his ears as he looked at the hyeroglyphics, hyro in the least accurate term of the nomenclature. More than likely they were a more highly elaborate system of information relation where a single syllable was as good as a sentence.

"Not good...not good...so not good. I forgot to buy my mother a lifeday present!" he shouted as he slamed his head against the wall.

"UGH!" he shouted as he began thinking once more of the problem in front of him, "alittle like...with a dash of...is that Rakkata? No. Touch of hiaphant, with a dash of neo...patho...regento magileev? Who in their off mind invented this?"

"I should get her a new hiacynth bush. That's it! Horn... no no too contemporary. Yes...." pulling out a data pad he feverishly began typing. "And that is how you organize music...There!" stopping he looked up grinning at Anakin and Isis.

"What?" he asked with a confused look. Reaching out he caught a knife by the handle on the fly, "Simple really. Just..." and with that syllable he attached leads from the pad to the knife blade, "do..." then carefully aimed and tapped a few quick keys, "that and then..."

"This." with force enhanced speed he played the knife over the glyphs occassionally repeating a hit but never on the same part of the glyph. Soon a loud noise could be head, the noise rumbling and building until he dropped the knife and slapped his hand above the glyphs, a bright light filled his vision...whether from his focusing on his hand or something else.

He couldn't tell, except that things were a lot quieter, "Well?"

TAG: Sinre

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I actually begin to imagine Ta´Manis voice to be Anna Paquins, don´t know why. Too much True Blood, maybe.

Gorog formerly known Cara Ta´Manis
    The Cave

All hell broke loose. Monsters, plants, Killiks and the funny Sith were all here and fought. She did not care anymore, she simply couldn´t stop laughing. And that was a good thing.

"Don't let Gorog get you! Don't you understand?" The Sith hissed. Amusing. Fear. She knew fear. She found it very amusing.

"Don´t let Gorg get who?" She asked. And shook her head. "Who?" And the command to come rang in her head. She looked around. "I´ll let future-me handle that problem." She said and giggled, then turned and began to climb towards the voice. In the end, she might really find sense in it.

Her laugh grew even louder. What a silly thought.

For a second she felt terribly lost. But it was only a moment, then she knew she was not alone. She actually never would be.

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Hoole
    Inside the Caverns

Hoole felt a certain lack of enjoyment from killing the bugs. They resembled Xenly less than he would have thought. And their numb senses did not feel the pain so clear, leaving him with little enjoyment. Actually showing him he did so to enjoy it. And revealing his hypocarcy that he was not a slave to the desires darkness had bestowed upon him.

His blade hissed another time. He made them come closer, to get at least some thrill out of it. then the walls broke and the meditation sphere appeared. He knew what it was. He hadn´t forgotten the stories from the Antipes-System. Even though he had never made it in time. He had heard of them. Curiously he raised his leathery brows. Something the Weequay found harder with each passing day, as his facial skin hardened. A wave of his hand, without him even paying attantion, catapulted the inner circle of attacks against those charging, throwing them all against the walls. He kept up the pressure, not allowing them to enter. And as they almost broke free, hissed and send another wave.

I am Hoole.

His answer was as true as simple. Not fancy titles this thing was probably used to. He lay his head to the side, his eyes gorwing from dark brown to obsidian black.

And I wonder if you are the answer I foolishly expected from some bugs.

Meditation sphere. Concentrating power and providing them to the user. A gateway for power. Could it carry the power of Xenly. And if so, was it transformed into something else, anything else when doing so? Sith Energy? The arcane powers the ever loosing fools used to fuel their mighty sorcery?

Where do I find your current Master? He asked it, and his words carried the strength of the Dark Side to the metal frame. In a few moments he would have to release the Killiks and then he wanted to know into which direction he would continue his slaughter.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    5 ABY

IC: Garen Kya
    Sarafur, Swamps, Tomb

Leaving behind Stormtroopers and mercs to shoot themselves to death, Alec, in the guise of Mandalore Fenn Shysa, rushed down the tunnels. There were several smoking chunks of masonry, and the occasional area where the corpses were riddled with what appeared to be beskar daggers. In one place, a Stormtrooper lay on the ground, his armour pristine, but blood seeping from between his joints. It made no sense - none at all. Mechanisms were evident throughout the depths, but they were so aged it was impossible to identify their origin.

And then he arrived in the center of the tomb, and, laying there, surrounded by water which had oozed in through the cracks in the walls, was a single creature. It was red-skinned, at least nominally, and humanoid, the swampy water seemingly preserving the body through what could only be millennia, from what could be told, but it was clearly missing an arm, which had been replaced by what appeared to be some kind of insectile limb - Alec had seen nothing like it, and wouldn't again, for the next thirty six years.

But what was more concerning was this;

It had no head, whatever it was.

"So. You're Fenn Shysa, Mandalore of the Supercommandos. The survivor of Mindor."

Behind Alec, there now stood a man in glittering Prophet robes, bracketed by the walls of the little sarcophagus. He was disheveled, blood welling somewhere on his face, beneath an unpleasant beard which was evidently all growth in the past few weeks. He did not introduce himself, but he had one hand on his chest. In the other he held a small pyramid, adorned with glyphs that matched those scattered around the walls. "I know so much, Alec Stuko."

"So much."

"I understand what this was."

"Or is."

"Or maybe what it will become."

The man cackled, spittle emerging from his mouth, and as he leaned over himself to hack a cough, his hood fell, revealing a face that belonged to the once secretive 'Supreme Prophet of the Dark Side' - the successor to Kadann and Cronal. He had deposed the leader of the Sith Empire - one Darth Sanguinis - and had vanished shortly thereafter, his personal vessel, the Insipid, destroyed by rogue pirates shortly after. What was left of the Sith Empire was quickly collapsing, at least when Alec had left for this mission.

"Oh yes," said Garen Kya, pulling himself back up. "I recall now. Little Mandalore. Attacked by an unknown Imperial faction, nobody claiming responsibility. I remember. That would be because I authorised that little strike. And now Mandalore belongs to Zsinj!"

The Prophet laughed. "I will be reborn! I will become a true Sith, with this!" Kya brought the little pyramid forward, grinning. "And nobody, especially you're Mandalorian ilk, will stop me! I am no Lumiya! For I am Darth Rem!" With a hacking cough, Kya/Rem moved his hand from his wound and shoved Alec back with the Force - into the swampy water, and into the corpse, which abruptly collapsed into murky dust - and then opened up with a burst of Force lightning - energy which would be conducted by the metal Alec wore, and by the liquid surrounding him.

If he didn't do something quick, he would die - here, and now, at the hands of a madman.

[b]Now[/b]

[b]IC: Ennac the Rakata Holocron[/b]
    [i]Cave, Upper Mountain[/i]

[blockquote]Tossing the body of [b]Zey[/b] away, the Rakatan Holocron looked to the Mandalorian [b]Hob Bob[/b], and the professor, and actually smiled. It was a Rakatan smile, but one nonetheless. The Holocron levitated itself over to the Kel Dor, and began examining him. "Yes... yes..."

In the [b]Blob[/b], however, [b]Mal Judder[/b] had plenty to worry about as it was. The Kolosolok advanced, as Mal made every effort to whip it, and, with a slam down of its foot, sent him flying back - out of the Blob. He rolled across the stone floor, still gripping the weapon he had discovered, and felt something flood back into him. It was the For

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis
    Deep inside the caves

"You come at last, my pretty." The voice whispered into her mind, and he laughter lost intensity. So, here he was was. Gorog. "You come at last."

"That is it? An old thing in a box?" Cara asked. "All this trouble about an old thing in a box? What, did my bombardment awake you? Did I break some sort of mystic seal? What? WHAT?" Cara thought she wanted more room and the Kiliks hurried out of her way.

"You fool allowed your sibling to shoot you into space and now you´re wrecking chaos on the most unimportant piece of rock in the universe because you feel the need to FEED YOU EGO!?!" Cara stepped forth, to hammer her fist into this tank the thing was in. And she began to laugh. "Do you Sith never get it? You´re loosers!" She laughed, her mind whirling. They, she, the Killiks had lost many and that gave her some sense of who she was and who not. One of them, but one. The one who laughed. Laughing Cara. She had never felt that light in all her life. She was dead. nothing mattered anymore. Nothing.

The galaxy, she would allow to burn it. she needed it no more.

20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Hoole
    Caves

He turned and his obsidian black eyes staring into the darkness, as if he thought it should flee from him. Then he turned a last time at the ship and nodded.

"No Masters will remain. Go. Find some new souls to play with." He said and turned. With his red blade, entering the caves. Another Killik had been lurking nearby and now died cracking, as he was smashed by Hoole without ever been given a glance. The humming red blade from the slightly longer-than-usual hilt illuminated the way, as Hoole slowly descended into the dark. Darkness, indeed. And the one he had come from. A little dose of her blood was all he needed. Then he would get rid of the competition. as he was here anyway and take whatever secrets their corpses offered. Before he would vanish again. Somewhere into the dark . . .

Rivers of bodies were filling the corridors. Killiks. Dead and mutilated by unknown enemies. Tentactles. At the end of the pathes he found a giant Saarlac. The hugest thing he had ever seen of this breed. Dead. The stain of the Dark side of the force still in the air. another wave of impotent Sith had come to die. He was no looking for temporaries, anyway. He was looking for those who had come to stay. They were close now. Very close.

Sensing them, he allowed the force to guide his steps.

Tag: Sinre (when it is appropriate for me to enter)

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarafur, Swamps, Tomb

"So. You're Fenn Shysa, Mandalore of the Supercommandos. The survivor of Mindor."

Well at least Alec was getting that part of his mission done. Slowly, Alec's head turned, his T-shaped visor focusing upon the man behind him, his DE-10 coming up so that the barrel was pointed at the stranger as well. His lips remained sealed, not speaking but letting the man do so instead.

"I know so much, Alec Nephrite."

Okay so maybe he wasn't doing as good of a job as he thought.

He recognized the man too, however, once his hood fell away. Garen Kya...big head of the boogie men then that, to Alec's knowledge, waved their hands at stuff while they got their ships blown up by pirates. Not a problem then, and Alec had only given the merest of glances of the little pyramid-looking thing in the man's hand. Some artifact he would have to assume that only people like Garen would be all obsessed over.

"I recall now. Little Mandalore. Attacked by an unknown Imperial faction, nobody claiming responsibility. I remember. That would be because I authorised that little strike. And now Mandalore belongs to Zsinj!"

And Kya better hope that that little pyramid can block blaster bolts. Alec raised the barrel of his blaster just a bit more, his finger curling around the trigger as he found the Prophet's head at the end of his sights. At his declaration of being reborn, Alec raised a brow, his head tilting a little to the right...but that was only so that he could get a better looking angle on the man. Nothing like having these people talk and talk and talk and talk while the crosshairs were sighting them up.

"And nobody, especially you're Mandalorian ilk, will stop me! I am no Lumiya! For I am Darth Rem!"

Course, maybe Alec took a little too long to bring up said crosshairs. What had to be the mystical, invisible Force that these people obsessed over hit him hard, sending him flying back into the swamp water beyond.

There was always something about battle when it commenced and what it could do to your body and senses. The adrenaline immediately started pumping, giving him seemingly infinite amount of energy that he could tap into and use to push his body beyond it's limits. This boundless energy, allowing him to move faster and fight harder, caused his sense of time to slow.

But his mind remained sharp. As the water splashed all around him, as the corpse he bumped into crumbled and turned to dust behind him, he kept his mind focused on the battle. On Garen Kya, of this so-called Prophet, the stories that he had heard about these Force users flashed through his mind. Invisible shoves like the one he had just experienced but he also heard about some being able to use lightning.

The water splashed all around him and his mind immediately latched onto that and tried to find where it belonged in this battle and how it could help him. Or hint him to the dangers that may be coming his way. Water, lightning, conductor, electrocution. His mind made that connection in an instant.

Alec ignited the jetpack as soon as Garen Kya raised an arm. The flames erupted from his jetpack as the lightning shot out of his fingertips. And as Alec was launched out and away from the water which soon sparked and crackled with the lightning that now ran rampant through it, the Mandalorian decided to fight back.

Like that one mercenary that he ran into before, no mercy. This was a Force-user so the gloves were off.

Alec had his DE-10 pointed at the Prophet as he rocketed back towards shore, the exact same spot he had been standing before he had been launched into the water. His finger pulled on the trigger again and again and again and again, sending red, angry bolts with each pull of the trigger. The flechette launcher that was at his other wrist activated as well, sending out a spread of flechette at the Prophet.

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: day late, but here you go ryan.

IC: Mal Judder/ Upper Mountain/ Shadow
    The Cavern / Sometime in the past

Feeling the blade of light connect Mal yelled out in triumph. It was a bit premature as the rather large beasty decided it wasn't going to take kindly to this. Slamming it's foot on the ground, Mal found himself flying through the air due to the concussive force of the blow. Somehow he managed to hang onto the grip of the lightsaber, and the powerpack tore loose and joined him.

Landing, Mal noticed that everything had changed somehow. Everything seemed more... present somehow, and the light had changed vastly. Oh. I'm back... on Shadow? Must be. I don't know where else I could be. Don't wanna touch THAT stupid thing again. Out loud he muttered to himself, figuring the holocron would hear, "That was interesting." As he started to pull himself off of the ground he looked back at the blob and was very unhappy to see the kolosolok coming through the blob. "Ah hell." Somehow he could still sense his grenade that was inside the blob, Wait, how can I... Deciding it didn't matter, and somewhat unsure how he did it, Mal's hand shot out and somehow he pulled the grenade, button pressed, towards the large beast that was attempting to emerge from the now eclipsed white, glowing orb.

As it hit Mal considered how stupid this very well might be, but decided it would be better to kill this stupid thing, and hopefully the blob itself as well, and die in the process than to have to fight it with a stupid lightsword. With that he ducked his head in preperation for the explosion.

TAG: SINRE (WINKWINK, HS29)

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Tunnels, Shadow

"No. But some hot water would be nice." he replied back to Anakin's quip. Yes, some hot water in which to mix his tea, that sounded just right at this moment, and maybe dunk a few biscuts to pass the time. Already he could feel his one hand upon the pouch with the tea mix, the other lightly thrumming his fingers upon his belly.

But then, what does the force believe about time? Or even think of it? Not much at times that is for sure. For Isis was gravely wounded, obviously the Sith had gotten closer than either of them had seen. Quickly his hands opened his pouch and pulled out the healing device of the Celestials as he began heading over to their side.

The force does not think much of time right now. He was sure if he could ask a secretary or assistant of the force that would have been the memo like reply from above. For a Sith was upon them, what had they left then? Oh yes, a giant insect Gorog that defied logic.

"Anakin." Called Driggs as he tossed the First Aid kit with the Celestial med tech inside to him. He would face this one alone.

He had frustration, anger's little cousin, in multitudes. Sadness, yes that flowed well in streams. Grief, with that he could wet the deserts of Tatooine. Love, with that he could fuel the stars with a second wind of life they never knew they had. "Not again." he whispered as he turned to face this demon, this vile twisted form, this anger that was Workan.

In a flash his lightsaber was in his hand being pummeled by the bolt of lightning, he knew he was being pummeled if by the fact that keeping the block was slowly pushing him back on the smooth floor. "Your gonna have to increase the Volt-peak if you want to do anything to qualify as workin'."

Oh yes, he also had sarcasim, anger's lesser known cousin by the bucket load. But then, no one's perfect.

TAG: Sinre

24. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Shadow, Surface

His head ached, his bones felt like they were made of pain. Agony welcomed him back into live as Zazarine Zey regained consciousness. Cold. Dust. He was on shadow. They had failed to kill him. The Impostors had failed to murder him as they had without a doubt killed those they had replaced. Why? Why had he revealed them? It probably were the celestial. es, maybe their power made it visible. Or the force had shown him. The force was strong in Zazarine. It had always been. The Dark Forces feared him for that. And fear him, they should. Of yes.

Slowly he raised again. His lightsaber not far away came flying to his hand and he coughed out beneath his mask. What could he do? Skywalker? Could Sky . . . no, he had to be one of them. HAD TO BE! He was alone. With them. And now he heard voices. Somewhere to his right.

Kill ´em all. That was all he was left to do . . . kill these impostors. One by one . . .

Tag: Sinre

25. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob

The thingy-me-ghostie was saying somthing but Hob didn't notice over the sound of his own mind.

[i]'LA-LALALA-LALA-LALALA-LlAA-LALALALl-ALAL-A-LA-LALALALA-L-AAAAAAAAALALA-LALA--LALALALA-[/i]

Clutching his helmet in both hands he shouted out loud to himself "SHUT UP BEFORE I KILL US BOTH YOU TONE DEAF OFF BEAT BASTARD"

Seeming to come to his own sense at last he said "now this is how your supposed to hum it"
    Not even noticeing the newcomer and the big Shell-e-majig comeing out of no were.
    Or the grenade.

[hr]

TAg whoever.

OCC sorry sinre, got confused for a second... or a week either one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.