main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Blue Mynock, Geonosis

"Its our old friends, from the Duraless." Striker said with out humor whatsoever. Grim turned to look at Romeyn, not at all surprised at the farmer's expression.

Striker turned to the both of them, and with all the composure she could muster, she asked the group: "Soooo. Do we want to answer them?"

Oakes listened patiently, noticing that Grim wanted the first go at cracking their current conundrum.

"Well?.." Grim began. "We want to get paid, and we want extra for our?'hardship'. But we also want payback, and now that you mention it, we also want to know what the 'kriff' did we risk our lives for. We were used."

"You can say that again," Romeyn grumbled, slinging his blaster carbine over his shoulder.

"We negotiate. We make them pay through the roof, especially if the stuff is deemed so valuable. If they don't meet our price, we can always broker it?and if they want to take it from us, well, then we get to have some fun?.but I say we play it smart, play their game and beat them at it. What say you?"

Oakes wanted to just board the Duraless shoot first and ask questions later. That was how justice was done on the prairies back home. If someone wronged your family you could seek retribution in whatever way you saw fit. Sometimes it was bloodless, most of the time, however, it was not. Course, Romeyn wanted the money attached to the job. Killing everyone aboard his temporary employers ship might not be the best way to seek the maximum profit.

"Grim, you've got a point. As much as I hate to say it, I want the most credits we can take from this job and leave them behind. Let them sort through the miserable junk we salvaged for them. May it bring them as much bad luck as it did us," Oakes commented, eyes hardening with anger.

"So, Captain, we play this nice and easy but if they make one wrong move, well, their insides will be decorating the bulkheads of their ship," Oakes threatened.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, (Bloodline)

2. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: aboard the blue mynock

Kiyan sat straight up in his chair curiously. Everyone seemed tense, on edge and debating among themselves. None of their conversations among themselves made any sense but one term stood out among the others: The Duraless. Was it a ship, or a group of people? Not knowing was what he feared the most. Floating on a spaceship in cold space did not help much either, in fact quite the opposite.

He tugged on Oakes arm in concern. "Are we in trouble? who are they? they aren't coming onboard are they?". The carbine slung on his shoulder did nothing but add on to the child's increasing fear. He looked at the rest of the crew and studied the expressions on each of their faces. There was no fear, no worry, just determination. In some sort of way, it calmed his spirits. Whatever happened, he wouldn't run away..he couldn't.

tag:all

3. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Hello? Guys, want to get noticed.

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC AMNDRAG, patience you must learn. Not everyone is online all of the time. And the others of my crew would not see you yet.

Striker
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Hiding in the Asteroid field, near Geonosis

"Soooo. Do we want to answer them?" Striker asked the group.

Grim had taken a step back after her explosive tirade. He looked over towards her. Striker noticed that the kid sat up in his seat. Kriff!

"Well?.." Grim began. "We want to get paid, and we want extra for our?'hardship'. But we also want payback, and now that you mention it, we also want to know what the 'kriff' did we risk our lives for. We were used."

"You can say that again," Romeyn grumbled, slinging his blaster carbine over his shoulder. Striker nodded. After a centering sigh, Grim continued.

"We negotiate. We make them pay through the roof, especially if the stuff is deemed so valuable. If they don't meet our price, we can always broker it?and if they want to take it from us, well, then we get to have some fun?.but I say we play it smart, play their game and beat them at it. What say you?" Grim asked with a glint in his eyes.

"Grim, you've got a point. As much as I hate to say it, I want the most credits we can take from this job and leave them behind. Let them sort through the miserable junk we salvaged for them. May it bring them as much bad luck as it did us," Oakes commented, eyes hardening with anger.

"So, Captain, we play this nice and easy but if they make one wrong move, well, their insides will be decorating the bulkheads of their ship," Oakes threatened.

The kid then tugged on Oakes arm in concern. "Are we in trouble? who are they? They aren't coming onboard are they?". Striker bit her tongue, noticing the kid seemed to be worried about them. She resisted the urge to groan. There was another problem. The amount of credits they fools might be talking. And the information. She had scanned some of it. She wasnt sure of how she felt about simply handing over that info to anyone. Then again, if they wanted to try and steal..whatever that was down there, they were more than happy to try. "We'll see what they want..."

A very strong sense of 'wrongness' came over her, as a warning bell seemed to go off like a klaxon in her head. She quickly snapped her head back to her console. Were these jerks about to fire on her ship? A quick scan revealed the problem.

"We have company. Another ship just came into the area. Dosent LOOK like Imps, but not taking chances." Striker said as she began to tuck The Mynok closer to one of the larger bits of floating rock. She pointed a finger at the kid. "YOU. Get out. NOW. Go to the back and strap in, just in case." she told the young boy with a forceful voice. Her eyes never left her scanners however, as she worked her controls. "Grim. Post."

She sent a tiny signal to the Durlass. "Yours?" She kept it short, and very tight signal, to stay out of Imperial view. She moved the ship, making sure to keep it out of sight.

Tag: Grey, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge, AMNDRAG

Noticed!

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Just jumping in and expecting people to go ahead and notice and, more importantly, want to interact with your character isn't exactly the way to go AMNDRAG. Especially since you're in a position that's difficult for the other players to do so as why, exactly, would they want to contact the ship that your character is on when they're currently trying to hide? I suggest you perhaps send a couple messages over PMs to come to an understanding with Ktala and her group.

Asteroid Field, Near Geonosis
    TL-1200 Transport Duraless

"Yours?

"Transmission origins confirmed," the human woman spoke. "It is indeed in the asteroid field; seems that you were right about that."

Mij nodded. Though his face was quite plain that did no justice to the sudden excitement that sparked within him. If it was in fact them and they had in fact found something that could be of value to them down on Geonosis's surface, well, that was just a bunch of hard work that wasn't going to be wasted this time. Hard work that was meant to begin the end of the tyrannical Empire.

"Well there's no need to keep us in suspense." This time the captain allowed himself to clap his hands in front of him, the only sign of his excitement that he was going to show. "Give me the comms."

"We have a ship that had just jumped in," the Cerean cut in.

Mij frowned at that as he glanced in his direction. "Is it Imperial?"

"I do not believe so but who knows what kind of private contractors they may've roped in to make runs to these desolate outposts of theirs. It doesn't seem to notice us right now."

"Try to be careful with our transmissions," Mij ordered. "We don't want to fight and hopefully they don't either. If we're lucky they won't even notice us." If it was to get information that they needed, it was worth the risk. Concentrating on the matter at hand, Mij started speaking into the comms to what he hoped was the crew of the Blastboat that they had hired. "I hope this is who I think it is. Find anything of interest down on Geonosis?"

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, AMNDRAG

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Liesl Bridehead
    On board Seral?s ship

It was a restless sleep for Liesl. The only thing good about it was that there was no pain in it for her. She seemed to pass in and out of a dim, half consciousness, but was it all real? Liesl didn?t know, nor did she particularly care. Fevered memories cut through her abject exhaustion: the hurried work on that man?s ship for more credits than it was worth, Scaggs? near murder, the rescue by the alien (what was he, anyways?)?it all blurred together in a jumble, a kaleidoscope of nothing and everything, swirling about so confusingly.

Liesl?s eyes fluttered open by degrees, squinting against the artificial light of a starship sick bay. It was familiar, and yet so harsh. Her first thought, she would later reflect, was an odd one.

What did I ever do to deserve this? I kept my head down. I worked hard. Isn?t that just what you do? Okay, so I did make a bit on the side?but who doesn?t? Scaggs hasn?t done an honest day of work in his life since that ugly Whipid left whatever clan he was born into. Then again, he got himself stunned into a pretty little stupor, so I guess he?s not exactly the best justification for my actions?

The short woman went to roll over in her bunk and was immediately greeted with pain throughout her abdomen, bringing back fresh memories of her punishment. She gently let herself resume her position lying on her back, desperate to let the shooting pain subside into a dull ache in the hope that from there she might find relief.

But laying in bed was something that quickly began to irritate Liesl. Sure, there were plenty of cool things to look at, but all of them were out of reach, which was highly disappointing. She?d taken plenty of interstellar flights and knew they were boring by nature. However, this was even worse. She couldn?t even go tinker with the mechanical systems of the ship like this. And Liesl realized all of a sudden she was hungry. When had she last eaten?

?Hello?? Liesl tried calling, ?Ummm?mister? I?m awake but hopefully you?ll understand if I can?t get up.?

How big was this ship anyways? Could he even hear her? Were there a bunch of ugly mercs in the room next door who were going to see what the racket as all about? Liesl looked at the ceiling. It was a boring ceiling.

Yeah, life is real great these days, she thought.

Tag: Mitth

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Hiding in the Asteroid field, near Geonosis

TL-1200 Transport Duraless[/b]

"Yours?" Striker called out on her comlink. One word. But so many possible responses. But the sudden arrival of another ship in the system was NOT what she had in mind. She kept her fingers on the forward guns as she hoped the Grim was making his way to the main guns, just in case.

Her eyes and ears monitored the transmissions, as a response came back.

"I hope this is who I think it is. Find anything of interest down on Geonosis?"

Striker bit down the retort she felt bubbling in her throat. She also found it interesting that they did NOT reply to the original question. So she had to assume the ship was not theirs. And hope it would continue on.

"Yes."
    Another one word response. She gave a small cough, and then continued.

"We need to talk. Someplace quiet. So I can hear just how much you plan to pay us."

Striker got quiet, so she could hear their response, even as she continued to track the incoming ship. Hopefully, it would not cause a delay in their getting paid.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, AMNDRAG

8. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Selena

Selena was hurting all over. The bounty hunters were so merciless they beat their captive into submission.

After a time which felt like an eternity, the hunters returned.

Without a word, they roughly pulled her up and marched her through the ship.

Once she got off the ship, she noticed she was on Geonosis. Thanks to the light of the two suns, she felt extremly hot. She could barely look up or she would be blinded by the sun's rays.

She saw she was in an imperial garrison. A squad of stormtroopers walked over escourting an imperial officer.

The leader of the bounty hunters suluted as a form of respect "Officer. We are here to collect our bounty"

TAG: Any, Sarge

OOC: Sorry i took a while. And i will try to be more patient from here on ward.

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Asteriod Field, Near Geonosis
    TL-1200 Transport Duraless

Mij couldn't help but raise his brow at the last when Striker brought up her declaration about pay. His gut immediately told him that something had indeed happened on Geonosis and that his hired group of scavengers were probably none too happy about it. Which means that this was going to probably be expensive for them. Depending on the data that they may or may not have found, Mij would be willing to pay whatever price they wanted...within reason of course.

"A quiet place won't be a problem," he assured them as he tapped something on a nearby console. "I'll be sending you hyperspace coordinates now. A nice, empty patch of space that I had selected just in case we needed a place to bargain or to escape to if Imperial vessels came by while-"

"Hyperspace jump detected!"

As if on cue, an Imperial warship suddenly reverted into real space over Geonosis. At first, Mij feared that it was one of the Empire's dreaded Star Destroyers ut a quick look at their scanners told them otherwise. While it possessed the triangular shape of one of those destroyers, it was much smaller. It was just a frigate, an Imperial II-class frigate to be exact. Unlike a Star Destroyer, it only possessed a moderate amount of armaments - a few turbolasers, ion cannons, and laser cannons - and it was mostly suited for patrolling Imperial space. But was worrisome was the fact that the frigate could carry three squadrons of TIE Fighters. While Mij was sure that they could outrun the frigate, it was the fighters that they had to worry about.

"I guess those are the reinforcements we feared," the captain grumbled. Turning his attention back to the comms he spoke, "Sending coordinates now. I suggest you hurry up and follow us!"

The engines of the Duraless flared to life as it took off away from Geonosis and the Imperial reinforcements. Apparently detecting the presence of the ship, the Imperial frigate started to turn towards the Duraless and, thus, the asteroid field where Striker and the rest were hiding. New contacts would appear on the sensor board of the Blue Mynock and what they spoke was obvious; those TIEs were launching from the frigate to pursue and engage. Even if they were hiding in an asteroid field, the frigate and its three squadrons could have all the time in the world to look for them if they stayed and the Blastboat would have quite a difficult time outfighting thirty-six fighters.

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline

Geonosis
    Imperial Camp

The Imperial Officer said not a word to the bounty hunters or even seemed to register that they existed. Instead, he turned to look at one of the stormtroopers and jerked his head towards Selena. The selected stormtrooper immediately walked up, a scanner in his hand which he held up to Selena's face. Her eyes burned as it scanned her face. When the results came up, the stormtrooper nodded his helmeted head and handed the device over to the officer.

"Selena Pavari," the officer spoke as he read the listing that came up. "Member of a noble family of the Core Worlds. Wanted for the suspicion of the deaths of the Pavari Family and considered as a traitor to the Empire. Reward is twenty-thousand credits."

That was the payment that was given to the bounty hunters. After a brief wait that had Selena sweating beneath the heat of Geonosis, another stormtrooper came up and offered the bounty hunters a case of what was obviously the reward. Without another word Selena was taken away from the bounty hunters by a pair of soldiers and brought to the Imperial side.

"It's actually fortunate for me that you've happened to stop by," the officer spoke and offered the girl a cruel grin. "There's actually some business that has come up. I could use an extra body to help out. I'm sure some Imperial service will help lighten your punishment."

That was a lie, of course, but Selena was hardly in the position to argue.

TAG: AMNDRAG

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, in Asteroid Field, Near Geonosis

Striker spoke to the TL-1200 Transport Duralessin a quiet but steely voice, keeping all emotions out of her voice. She watched on her scanners, as the small unknown ship seemed to continue on its way, not noticing them, as it headed for Geonosis.

If they worked with the Imperials, then they got what they deserved. Striker turned her attentions back to the conversation at hand, as she waited for a response.

"A quiet place won't be a problem," he assured them as he tapped something on a nearby console. "I'll be sending you hyperspace coordinates now. A nice, empty patch of space that I had selected just in case we needed a place to bargain or to escape to if Imperial vessels came by while-"

Suddenly, her internal alarms went nuts, with her ships instruments telling her that something a tad large had just jumped into space near the planet.

As a very flavorful Huttenese curse filled the cabin, as an Imperial warship suddenly reverted into real space over Geonosis.

The triangular shape vessel was similar to a destroyer, but it was much smaller. Still enough to cause them trouble. Especially with their fighters. Her comlink crackled to life. "Sending coordinates now. I suggest you hurry up and follow us!" Small blips began to appear on the sensor board of the Blue Mynock and what they spoke was obvious; those TIEs were launching from the frigate to pursue and engage, even as the Duraless flared to life, as the ship took off away from Geonosis. The Imperial frigate started to turn towards the Duraless.

'FRACK!...Frack, frack, frack!'

Striker grinned, as she slapped a belt across her hips. Her comn buzzed acknowledging the fact that the coordinates had been received. She quickly ran the coordinates through, checking on their impromptu destination..

"STRAP IN BOYS, WE'RE ABOUT TO MAKE A HOT JUMP!"

A hot jump, was a jump most pilots did not like to make. Striker had made a few of them, more out of necessity than anything else. Hyperdrives didnt like to jump to close to a planet. Some jumps could be brutal, and it took a skilled pilot to keep a ship under control. Something about gravity wells and all that fluff. Striker didnt care. She knew just how far she could push it, and she was careful. It was like she could feel the areas that she needed to avoid. While they were a distance away from the planet, jumping from the other side of the asteroid field should cause those fighters grief. But right now the Duraless was more of a target than they were, as the Duraless had not really been hiding....unlike the Mynok.

"Grim, keep those guns hot! Oakes..keep an eye on that kid!" Striker yelled as she concentrated intensely now, spinning her ship out and away from the asteroid she had been hugging. She waited till the last moment, before powering up to full, and like a graceful swimmer, sliced her way between the rocks. She had purposely picked a spot close to the rim of the rocks, just in case the Duraless, decided to play rough.

The Blue Mynok rolled and dived like mad, Striker intense in her concentration as she flew. She figured the other ship brought them a few seconds before they were noticed. She was not going to waste it.

"HOLD ON!"

The second they cleared the field, Striker punched in the coordinates given to her. The Blue Mynok's roared as the hyperdrive kicked in, and the ship winked out, away from Geonosis.

She hoped the Duraless made it. She would like the chance to kick their butts...or get paid. She still wasnt sure which one yet.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock, Geonosian Asteroid Field

Romeyn had listened quietly to the exchanges between Stryker and the captain of the Duraless. The usual posturing and bantering between two intelligent beings seeking to be rewarded for their services. It was nothing new to Oakes. Such discussions could be found in any cockpit, bar, or household in the galaxy. What happened next, however, was quite out of the ordinary.

Sensors blared, warning alarms sounded, and Stryker began cursing in Huttese, a language Romeyn had never mastered. Never really cared to master. The Hutts were far from Roon, far from the green pastures of his pastoral homeland. But this cursing drew his attention to the sensor readouts and what Romeyn saw with his own eyes gave him chills.

"An Imperial frigate," Oakes muttered under his breath.

The captain of the Duraless had just relayed a message to the cockpit indicating that he was bugging out. Oakes wanted to magically appear on the bridge of that craft and have a word or two with that man but he understood the need to run, the fear that an Imperial patrol could instill in even the most innocent of beings. Another quick glance at the sensors indicated that multiple eyeballs were inbound. That meant fighters for those not in the know.

"STRAP IN BOYS, WE'RE ABOUT TO MAKE A HOT JUMP!" Striker yelled.

Romeyn wanted to ask what a hot jump was but knew better. This was a tense situation. Stupid questions could be asked later when they actually found the time. If we find the time Oakes corrected.

"Grim, keep those guns hot! Oakes..keep an eye on that kid!" Striker yelled

Grumbling quietly, Oakes strapped the kid into his seat and made sure that he would not be going anywhere during their jump. Finding an empty seat himself, Romeyn's anxiety level shot up as he anticipated the sudden jolt to who knew where. The only thing the rancher cared about was getting away from those incoming TIE fighters.

"HOLD ON!"

"Maker, almost forgot my strap!" Oakes cried out in the few seconds before Striker initiated the jump. Cinching himself down until it hurt, Oakes waited for the sudden acceleration to begin, privately regretting ever traveling into space, a wave of nausea rolling over him.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline, Sarge

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Grim
    Aboard the Mynock, Geonosis

Grim continued to observe and listen to the events playing out before them. He did have a few words, but the moment to speak them would have to wait as Imperials joined the ever evolving scenario.

So much was happening all at once-as usual. You see, must folks did not view their circumstances as Grim and those trained like him did. Everything had an impute and an effect on everything else around it, much like the asteroid field they were in. Events with greater mass and gravity made greater impacts and had far affecting fields of influence. Little asteroids vs HUGE asteroid. What was happening down on Geonosis had the potential of a meteoric collision. However, there were more 'immediate' problems at hand.

Tie fighters.

The Empire wasn't wasting any time on this op. Even though the Imperial vessel which entered the system was not technically a 'Star Destroyer', nevertheless it had the desired effect the designers intended. It was sending everyone scurrying away. There was a quick communication between the Mynock and the Duraless, which were then followed by a string of expletives from Striker.

"STRAP IN BOYS, WE'RE ABOUT TO MAKE A HOT JUMP!"

More risk taking, What else was new.

By the time Striker ordered Grim to take the guns, he was already on them. Swinging around and looking for Tie fighter targets. He knew better than to fire at all, and only if things got desperate. No point in giving away their position or escape route. As for Oakes, it seemed he would be busy with an impromptu baby sitting gig.

"Hold on!" Striker shouted as she took the ship into a series of frenzied and controlled maneuvers. The should have crashed many times over, but they did not. Grim was silently impressed. Mere heartbeats later, he recognized the thrum of the hyperdrive as it kicked in, which was followed by the familiar elongation and streaking of the star field. And in a literal blink of an eye, they were gone.

Grim contained a sigh of relief and exchanged it for a word of caution. Many thoughts were churning in his mind; possibilities, probabilities. He'd secretly fought the Imperial machine on his own level, to very little result. He was only one man, against a mountain. No more than a nuisance really.But, he could feel something. A fateful event. The problem was, it was very difficult for him to see it with greater clarity. The meeting with the Duraless was pivotal in some way, but how exactly?

"Captain," Grim began to say in a somber voice. "We could be flying into a trap, or into a great opportunity here. I'm not sure which, so I advise caution either way. Their Captain is trying to tip the scales in their favor." Grim nodded at Striker and paused, before turning to Romeyn.

"If negotiations go well, perhaps you may want to consider the sale of the weapons cache aboard your ship. Just to get them off your hands. It's just a thought?"

Grim left it at that. He didn't want to get too far ahead of himself. That was exactly the reason he didn't mention his deeper thoughts. Who were these weapons for? He didn't know for sure. If they were to fight the Empire, then this was good. If that was the case, perhaps those aboard the Duraless knew something about those fighting the Empire. And if that was the case, he'd need to glean that info somehow. It wouldn't be easy at all. But this could very well be the in he'd be looking for all these years. But better to let things play themselves out and trust in the Force. There had been many false leads before, and all those ended very badly.

"Force be with us."

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Sarge, (Bloodline)

13. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: Kiyan Tsudo
    Aboard the Blue Mynock

Kiyan tugged on his safety belt as Oakes strapped him in. The belts were rather tight as he found it increasingly hard to breathe as the nylon material cut into his neck. He grumbled and tucked majority of it behind his shoulder so the only thing that was visible was the waist attachment. So many things were happening that he didn't understand and the more he attempted to, the more he was left behind. It wasn't a pleasant feeling to be left in the dark, but he wasn't about to argue.
    Hearing the word 'Tie Fighter', the child immediately peered about of the window.

At the alert of a hot jump Kiyan felt the oxygen stop in his throat as the immense sudden burst of speed propelled the spacecraft to unbelievable speeds. He was used to spacetravel having been taken on numerous trips with his master, but he had never been on a hyperspeed enabled vessel. It was amazing and frightening all at the same time. The lad closed his eyes and waited for his stomach to stop doing cartwheels and get resettled. He glanced to his left and saw that Grim and oakes expressions revealed the same internal feelings. He couldn't tell what Stryker was feeling, due to his seating being the farthest back but he had the impression she probably wasn't suffering as much as he was.

Kiyan gripped the arm rests of his chair as tight as he could and braced his small, wiry frame in worried anticipation. He didn't care about Imperials, he didn't care about money or whatever the crew was after...he just wanted to survive in one piece.

Tag:all

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Arkanis Sector
    Undesignated Patch of Space

The freighter known as Duraless had indeed been the initial target of the Imperial fighters. As Striker would see on her scanners at the cockpit and Grim would see with his own eyes in the gun turret, the TIEs spun and rocketed towards the departing silhouette of the other transport. Only one of the Imperial frigate's three squadrons were part of the pursuit but one squadron was all that should be needed to take down the Duraless and even the Blue Mynock should it join the fight. Fortunately, running seemed to be of higher priority rather then fighting.

The TIE Fighters, while not possessing shields or even built-in life support, were still fast and maneuverable craft that were cutting through the space between them and the Duraless. However, just as the fighters were about to come in close enough to use their lasers, the freighter suddenly shot into space and vanished, it's hyperdrive having been engaged. At this point, a flight of TIE fighters from the one squadron finally took notice of the Blastboat that peeled away from the asteroid field and they immediately swerved to intercept. Unfortunately for them, just like the Duraless, the Blue Mynock managed to jump into hyperspace long before the fighters could get in range.

As for the jump itself, it didn't take long at all. With Striker's brief viewing of the coordinates, she would find that their destination was not far at all. They would not be in the same system as Geonosis of course but they were certainly still in the Arkanis Sector when they dropped back into real space. But they were far away from the Imperials and whatever undead hive they had left behind and that should be good enough.

A quick scan of the Mynock's sensors would show that they weren't alone. Just as was predicted, the Duraless was nearby and was currently floating peacefully in this unnamed patch of space.

"Good to see that you made it!" a voice suddenly spoke from the Mynock's comms; the captain known as Mij Noray no doubt. "Now that we've left those Imperials out of the way, perhaps we can finally get down to business. I believe I was asking if you had managed to find anything that may prove worthwhile to us and, specifically, quite profitable for you."

TAG: Ktala, grey, Liam, Bloodline

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, in Undesignated Patch of Space

Striker had watched as the Duraless had been targeted by the Imperials. Even as the ships moved towards the freighter, Strikers world seemed to go into slow motion. She was aware of Oakes, making sure the kid was tied down, even as he almost forgot his own seat. And Grim, who only moments ago had told her that they could be flying into a trap. She had already thought of that. Following an unknown ship to set of coordinates that they had chosen was usually not a good thing. Caution, she was sure to have on hand. She hoped that her 'luck' was going to stay strong with them. After escaping what they had, she had no plans to suddenly be shot down by some spies.

But she didnt think these guys were Imperial spies. Pirates, maybe... Something just didnt fit right. But either way, they didnt have much of a choice at the moment, and that is what annoyed Striker the most.

"Force be with us." That is what Grim said, before he ran to man the guns. Something she would have to ponder about later.

Suddenly, her world was thrust back into fast mode, as the ships turned to notice her ship, as she accelerated to clear for the jump. The jump didn't take long at all. With Striker's brief viewing of the coordinates, she would find that their destination was not far at all. They would not be in the same system as Geonosis of course but they were certainly still in the Arkanis Sector when they dropped back into real space. As soon as the drives finished their jump, Striker was scanning the system they were in, looking. One, she was looking for the Duraless. And two, she was looking for anything or anyone else that might be out here with the Duraless.

Also, a quick escape would not be a bad thing. She began plotting her next set of coordinates, just in case this meeting did not go over so well.

A quick scan of the Mynock's sensors would show that they weren't alone. Just as was predicted, the Duraless was nearby and was currently floating peacefully in this unnamed patch of space.

"Good to see that you made it!" a voice suddenly spoke from the Mynock's comms; the captain known as Mij Noray no doubt. "Now that we've left those Imperials out of the way, perhaps we can finally get down to business. I believe I was asking if you had managed to find anything that may prove worthwhile to us and, specifically, quite profitable for you."

Striker gave a dark smirk, as she mentally calmed herself. She needed to be sharp here, in order to keep the others safe. She spoke, using her device as she had before, as she coughed.

"Yes. I believed we found something you will be quite interested in. But first, I believe you left out some information, when you sent us down." Striker stated flatly. And I dont like being led. So, the question is..how much is it worth to you?" she asked them.

Striker looked over at Grims and Oakes. She then added. "Believe me...You will WANT this information." Striker paused. "We have data files." she added, before going silent.

Lets see just how much they wanted the info. In truth, Striker wanted it to be done and gone. There was just too much on her mind with recent events she wanted to clear from her head.

And then there was the kid. What were they going to do with him..?

'One thing at a time, Striker. We'll get this done.' Lana thought to herself.

TAG: grey, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Arkanis Sector
    Undesignated Patch of Space, Duraless

"Well unfortunately for you," came the reply, "my job doesn't exactly involve a lot of trust when it comes to the hired help. Especially hired help that had come from Merson as that was where the job had been posted and where I assume you first saw it."

Across the several kilometers of empty space the separated the Blue Mynock from the Duraless, the human captain held a hand to his chin, rubbing at the stubble there as he thought this matter over. As important as the information may be, it was only the girl's word that he had going here. And out of all the jobs that Mij had overseen, there wasn't a one where he had paid full upfront without seeing any kind of product. And he wasn't exactly going to start now on the word of some shady employees.

"I'm sure we can work out a simple arrangement," he continued, still with his calm, diplomatic tone. "Why not simply transmit a part of the data to me? If I like what I see, I'll pay for the rest of it. Who knows, if the information does prove to be interesting I may decide to give you more liberty when it comes to naming your price for it."

It was simple, basic business practice and there was no way that either party could lose or gain much ground.

"Believe me when I say that whatever you may've encountered out there," Mij continued, "I had warned you to the best of my abilities. I had mentioned there was the possibility of Imperial entanglements and that any Geonosian rebels that may be around may not be so friendly, but anything different you may've found was more then likely something that I did not know about. I don't simply toss assets out on the job to get killed."

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

It was clear that both parties did not fully trust each other, and Grim for one, could not blame anyone involved. These were dark times after all and nothing was as it seemed anymore.Geonosis had been enough proof of that.

In truth, both parties were likely to come to a bargaining standstill as they wrangled over proof and prices, and doing so in the middle of nowhere, with no witnesses, should an unlikely confrontation arise, did not sit well with Grim. He still needed to glean certain information for himself, particularly who was employing the Duraless, and such answers would not be forthcoming in such a crude setting.

"Why don't we discuss this under a more favorable setting, say a friendly cantina somewhere in Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa or any equally friendly neighboring planet".

Grim interjected with the suggestion, hoping it would be agreeable to both parties.

"This way, you can see some of the product with your own eyes?" he added simply, in hopes of appealing to the mercenary captain. Inside the ship, he glanced at both Striker and Romeyn, looking to see how they felt about his idea. His senses revealed that his shipmates were still on edge and for good reason. The nameless kid was worried, but for more personal reasons. At least for now he didn't have to worry about someone trying to stick a vibro blade between his ribs.

Negotiations of this nature were never simple or easy, but it didn't mean they all had to end the same way. With a body-count. Was he still upset about the incident in Geonosis? well, yes. He would be lying to himself if he said otherwise, but the Duraless captain just revealed that he didn't simply "toss assets out on the job to get killed." Well, that was good to hear, but right now they were just words. Perhaps he honestly didn't know about the recent horrors inhabiting the red planet. Grim would prefer to hear it from him in person, where he could look into his eyes. But that was just a personal fancy and honestly, a thing of the past.

Getting paid was a priority right now, and getting paid and staying alive long enough to enjoy the 'loot' was also a priority. He was pretty sure the others felt the same as he did on this.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Sarge, (Bloodline).

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Arkanis Sector

"Truthfully I would rather have this matter settled and closed as soon as possible," was the reply from Captain Noray.

Over at the Duraless, the freighter's captain had taken a seat, a hand coming up to rub at his eyes while he tried to kill the feeling of annoyance and impatience that spiked at what he saw as a delay. Really, what was the problem with transmitting a small piece of the data so as to confirm the product? Mij was content with that and he was sure that these scavengers wouldn't try to betray him. Were they really that distrustful of him?

Slipping a hand within his jacket, the captain pulled out his trusty flask. Uncorking it, he brought the container to his lips and took a sip of it's contents. Feeling the burn of a high concentration of alcohol, he refocused back on the comms.

"If you really desire a face-to-face meeting on neutral ground then it can be arranged," he continued. "As a show of good faith, I'll even let you pick the location whether it be Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa, or whatever eases your suspicions. But this information better be worth it; these delays aren't exactly going to do any good for you concerning your pay. Just hurry up and decide so that we may get this over with."

Well, the captain couldn't say that he hadn't expected complications concerning his dealings with more unsavory characters but he was nonetheless becoming annoyed with these delays. Wanting to taste the addicting liquid once more, the captain tilted his head back and took another swig from his flask while he awaited a response.

TAG: greyjedi, Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, in Arkanis Sector

Striker listed to the Captain of the Duralass.

"I'm sure we can work out a simple arrangement," he continued, still with his calm, diplomatic tone. "Why not simply transmit a part of the data to me? If I like what I see, I'll pay for the rest of it. Who knows, if the information does prove to be interesting I may decide to give you more liberty when it comes to naming your price for it."

He paused. "Believe me when I say that whatever you may've encountered out there," Mij continued, "I had warned you to the best of my abilities. I had mentioned there was the possibility of Imperial entanglements and that any Geonosian rebels that may be around may not be so friendly, but anything different you may've found was more then likely something that I did not know about. I don't simply toss assets out on the job to get killed."

Grim interjected with the suggestion that they should meet someplace face to face, hoping it would be agreeable to both parties.

"This way, you can see some of the product with your own eyes?" he added.

By now, Striker had her ships maps place where they were exactly. They were close enough to Tatootine. But still..

"Truthfully I would rather have this matter settled and closed as soon as possible," was the reply. "If you really desire a face-to-face meeting on neutral ground then it can be arranged," he continued. "As a show of good faith, I'll even let you pick the location whether it be Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa, or whatever eases your suspicions. But this information better be worth it; these delays aren't exactly going to do any good for you concerning your pay. Just hurry up and decide so that we may get this over with."

Striker gave a dry laugh, and then a snort. "I think I have had enough of this." she decided suddenly. "I will transmit a short burst. And believe me, when I say that what you warned us about was NOTHING compared to what we found." She pulled up a short bit, showing info on the lab, and then what happened to the bodies..the fun part. She wasnt going to give them the how. That they had to pay for. She adjusted her comm board, and spoke once more. "We have quite a bit of data. You judge. I dont need to spend time on this."

With that, Striker hit the transmit key, not saying anything to the others. The longer that they took with this, the longer they might get caught. Going to a planet was only viable when they were to be paid. If not, she was sure they could sell it to someone. Besides, she had a strong feeling about these folks...besides the urge to simply shoot them. No, there was something else here.

Time to see just how bad they wanted the information.

Striker leaned back, and waited for their reaction. This should be good. She only wished she had a pic of the officer getting his head pulled off. THAT would have been priceless.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Arkanis Sector

For once there was no quick reply on the other end but, rather, silence as Striker transmitted a portion of the data that they had uncovered. Over at the Duraless, a nearby display gave the captain a very good look at what it was that the crew of the Blue Mynock had transmitted. As Striker had promised, there were a bunch of little goodies involving the rise of the dead that Captain Noray was now looking through. At first he wondered if he had hit the flask a bit too hard but there soon became no mistake at what he saw: that what appeared to be walking corpses were in fact walking corpses.

"This certainly isn't what I was expecting," the captain of the Duraless finally allowed. "But I don't exactly see how something such as this could be something that I would use."

While he certainly got a better idea as to what his hired hands had faced - and he would be sure to compensate them if they asked -, Mij found nothing of value with these monsters other then something to be avoided. Nonetheless, he continued to sort through this small portion of data but he seemed to be finding nothing except-

"Hello, what's this?"

Here he paused upon getting to some text that may in fact prove interesting: the diagnostics of some of the old battle droids that the CIS used to supplement their forces. But it was more then a basic layout of the battle droid; there were theories and tested hypothesis on how to make the droids better, stronger in terms of armor and firepower. There was hints to an equation of actually enhancing shield power. Now this was something that could be used.

"Alright you have piqued my interest. So how about this? Seven thousand credits for each person who had managed to find and bring this data to me?"

TAG: greyjedi, Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

Striker made a smug face, as she muted her comm, and called out.."Grim..Oakes!...Might want to listen in..." She left the signal muted, listening in, as she waited for a response.

Her eyes kept a sharp eye for any unwanted moves or visitors. But right now, it was quiet.

"This certainly isn't what I was expecting," the captain of the Duraless finally allowed. [/i]"But I don't exactly see how something such as this could be something that I would use."[/i]

Striker gave a smirk. There was much more of THAT little interest, but she wasnt about to tell him about it.

"Hello, what's this?"

Striker tapped her fingers, as she waited, looking at the others. Right now, she kept her eyes on her scanners.

"Alright you have piqued my interest. So how about this? Seven thousand credits for each person who had managed to find and bring this data to me?"

"Striker flicked the switch..."Give us a minute." she replied in a calm voice, and then hit the mute switch one more. She looked over towards the others.

"Well. What do you think? Thats not a bad piece of credits.... You guys have a say in this." she looked over towards Oakes and Grim. Course she planned to ask a bit more..maybe.

She left Daks to keep an eye on the Kid who's name she still had not learned. That was the next issue to deal with. But right now, they had credits to earn.

Striker rubbed her temples. Her head was beginning to hurt again. She breathed deeply, and then waited to hear what the others had to say.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline, sarge

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock

Striker and the captain of the Duraless had been swirling around one another in the fine art of negotiation over how and when to transfer their precious data in exchange for the one thing that motivated most beings in the galaxy: credits.

Romeyn had largely remained silent during this entire process. The reason being was that the farmer felt like he was out of his league. The man knew how to haggle for a good price on a nerf or secure a bag of feed for less than retail value but data exchanges and the like were beyond his capabilities, at least, that was the impression Romeyn wanted to convey.

Striker turned toward Oakes and Grim. "Well. What do you think? Thats not a bad piece of credits.... You guys have a say in this."

Romeyn whistled, "Seven thousand credits. To any other man that would sound like a fortune," he began, "but not to me. I didn't sign up for this adventure to be pawned off for seven thousand credits! I may be poor and my family may struggle, but what we went through down there on Geonosis, the information we obtained, well, we're worth more than that. Aim high, Captain, and try 12,000 credits. You see, I've got a little itch in my trigger finger that is all about dealing out pain and suffering. Problem is, I did most of the pain and suffering on that wretched rock and so did the rest of you. You really think that 7,000 credits is going to take away all of the trials and tribulations we faced down there?"

Oakes paused, he was quite irritated. "Is the com muted? Oh, yeah, I see the light. Okay, so look, we go through the information and find that one special little nugget that'll net us a respectable price from a respectable person. This so called Captain of the Duraless is not the respectable type. Maker, he reminds me of dealing with insurance companies back home!"

Calming down a bit, Romeyn shook his head. "Sorry, Cap'n. Just a little tired and missing home."

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Sarge, (Bloodline)

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

So, apparently there would be no meet and greet. That was just as well, for there were no guarantees in life. Grim had come to learn and accept that fact. Like Oakes, you aimed high and hoped for the best result. Grim thought seven was low, and was hoping for 10. Perhaps Oakes had made that possible by bringing the asking price to 12. Since the captain of the Duraless seemed to be in a hurry, he might try to talk them down to an acceptable figure.

Grim silently nodded at Oakes, and patted him on the shoulder. He sympathized with the man's frustrations. To Striker, he held up his hands and showed her 10 fingers, signifying the amount she should settle for if the captain did not agree to Oakes' asking price. After all, if the captain was being employed by someone else, it was likely that he was not paying out of pocket himself, but just getting a bigger cut for himself and his crew.

As for the other information Grim was seeking, he simply sighed mentally. Perhaps today was not that they, and even though he felt the window of opportunity growing smaller, it was not closed yet, therefore, he still had a chance, however small to glean what he needed to know.

Wordlessly, he gave Striker a solid nod as well and waited to see what would happen next.

Tag:Ktala, Liam, Sarge, (Bloodline)

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

Striker rubbed her temples. Her head was beginning to hurt again. She breathed deeply, and then waited to hear what the others had to say. Oakes spoke first, and Striker looked up, rather surprised. The man was usually rather laid back and quiet, until he had something to say. And obviously, this time, he had very MUCH to say.

Romeyn whistled, "Seven thousand credits. To any other man that would sound like a fortune," he began, "but not to me. I didn't sign up for this adventure to be pawned off for seven thousand credits! I may be poor and my family may struggle, but what we went through down there on Geonosis, the information we obtained, well, we're worth more than that. Aim high, Captain, and try 12,000 credits. You see, I've got a little itch in my trigger finger that is all about dealing out pain and suffering. Problem is, I did most of the pain and suffering on that wretched rock and so did the rest of you. You really think that 7,000 credits is going to take away all of the trials and tribulations we faced down there?"

Striker mentally laughed. She was impressed. But she understood QUITE well the comment about the itchy trigger finger. It had taken all she could muster, to simply keep from just open firing. True, she would not have destroyed them, but oh, it would have made her feel soo much better. They were all warn and frazzled. It was was beginning to show. Striker stayed silent, but she nodded thoughtfully.

Oakes paused, he was quite irritated. "Is the com muted? Oh, yeah, I see the light. Okay, so look, we go through the information and find that one special little nugget that'll net us a respectable price from a respectable person. This so called Captain of the Duraless is not the respectable type. Maker, he reminds me of dealing with insurance companies back home!"

Striker had to smile slightly at that comment, as she nodded her head in sympathy. Oakes shook his head. "Sorry, Cap'n. Just a little tired and missing home."

Striker nodded. "Understand." she stated gently. Grim patted Oakes on the shoulder. Striker spoke softly. "I would..but we dont have the time, or we dont know WHAT would be useful..or who to sell it to. We go to the wrong folks..and we could end up on a list ourselves."

Striker took a look past Oakes. The kid looked like he was still in the chair...but had at least managed to loosen the straps a bit.

Grim meanwhile, gave a nod, as he held up his hands and showed her 10 fingers. Striker nodded once more silently, and then she turned back around to her console. She blew a calming breath, hoping that her own 'luck' would find its way to help her out once more. Lifting a hand, she quickly turned off the mute, picking her words carefully.

"Seven is good...as a starting bid. But those nasty things you saw...we fought em. Went thru them, to get all the technical stuff you're so interested in. So we want a bit more for our pain and suffering."

Striker paused a moment to hammer in her point, then continued in a calm, even toned voice. "Twelve. And that will get you all the data. Everything. A nice big fat datastream, straight from their database. Not too much considering what we've been through... and what you will gain."

Striker grinned like mad, as she flipped her switch, and waited to hear just how much they like or didnt like that number. Oh, she hated to bargain. But it was necessary, from time to time. Striker looked back over at Oakes, and gave him a wink. Yep, after all they had gone though, this little team of theirs was definitely coming out something different than she had every thought would happen.

Now, what to do with the kid? And why did she get such a strange feeling from him? She gave a soft snort. Something to think about, after the deal.

Tag: Grey, Liam, Sarge, (Bloodline)

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Arkanis Sector

Mij waited patiently when silence took over the comms. No doubt the party that he had hired were discussing the matter, specifically about the price. As the minutes ticked by, the captain bounced his foot upon the deck of the Duraless, waiting. If the time that was ticking by was any hint, the group that he was dealing with wasn't exactly united on the agreement for seven thousand credits each. Probably going over what they went through, whether they thought they deserved more or not, and - considering what he had already glimpsed - could possibly be exchanging quite a few harsh words about Mij and his crew concerning what they ended up having their hired friends run into.

Finally, however, the female voice that he heard before - and made him assume was the leader - spoke up.

"Seven is good...as a starting bid. But those nasty things you saw...we fought em. Went thru them, to get all the technical stuff you're so interested in. So we want a bit more for our pain and suffering."

"So you do," he replied, having expected this. Again he allowed the silence to take hold, letting it stretch for the next few seconds as he mulled this over.

He was ready to raise the pay if they asked for it and Mij had expected it. Seven thousand was just supposed to be a starting point where the other crew could think it over and see how high they could go. Mij, however, was hoping that they would just raise it to an even ten thousand credits each. Twelve thousand credits...that was nearly an added half of his original asking price.

The captain shrugged to himself. An added half of his asking price, but only an added two thousand each compared to what he had been expecting them to settle with. What was an added couple thousand? From what he knew so far, the crew that he had hired was small; three, perhaps four people. The Blastboat could only really hold that many unless it wanted to get really crowded. So possibly thirty-six thousand credits he'd be spending on this.

Finally, Mij shrugged. "I suppose a few extra credits can be added on considering the not-so-normal circumstances you've had to deal with. Send me an account number and I'll be sure to transfer the funds as soon as I get the data. You can divide it up amongst yourselves later."

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi, Liam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.