main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY 7/27 Meeting highlights

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Since our secretary is still somewhere in Europe, and I'm a TERRIBLE notes taker, I don't really have proper minutes to post. Sorry... :D

First, welcome to Eric! :)

We talked about some of the upcoming events - the BBQ, our coming 1st birthday, a road trip to Montauk, and (looking far ahead) the NYC con and I-Con.

The Montauk trip is being combined with our birthday, 9/28. This will also be when the next meeting is held.

We also decided to start having weekly chats, as a way for people to get to know each other better. This will likely be on MIRC, unless we find something that works better for the most people.

Another idea is having a convention page on our web site, which will list what people will be attending what cons. Even if no DB516 events are planned, it can be a way to meet up with other members. (thanks Eric for both of these great ideas!)

We're also going to plan out our meeting locations in advance - the idea is to always have a list of when and where the next few will be. Research will done on possible locations. Currently I'm looking at Broadway mall for the October meeting.

It was decided that August will be a month off for us, since many of us will be getting ready for Dragon*Con, and because we have a lot planned for September.

The park where we held the meeting is beautiful! Afterwards we hiked along some of the trails, and walked the labyrinth (I don't think any of us achieved inner peace though... ;) )

I think I covered the basics... does anyone want to add anything?

Thanks to everyone for coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.