main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Bond Of Friendship (stories 1 - 3)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    INTRO:

So far the A Bond of Friendship series has 8 stories in it (9th being written). I'm going to post those stories in separate threads by sections. (i.e. 1-3; 4-6; 7-8;). This thread will have stories 1-3.

Stories 1 and 2 are the first two fics I've ever written, so please don't give up on me yet. Wait at least until you've read the 3rd story to give up on me. :) *Grin* the 3rd story is pretty good, according to most people.

In this thread the following stories will be posted:

A BOND OF FRIENDSHIP (prequel to story 2 and 3)

A TEMPLE VISIT (Obi-Wan and his master return to the temple to receive a mysterious mission)

DEATHS DOOR (Obi-Wan has come down with a strange illness and Qui-Gon must travel off-planet to get the cure. Will he return in time to save his Apprentice?)

2. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay, I'm going to post the first part of the first story. This story isn't TOO very interesting, but it must be posted in order for the 2nd and 3rd story to make sense.

TITLE: A Bond of Friendship (1)
    AUTHOR: Angel5000

SUMMARY: (Preface to A Temple Visit and Death's Door). Bruck Chun decides to leave the Jedi Knights to become a healer and Reeft becomes a Padawan and discovers the bond of friendship. (I know, a really bad summary - but I'm not too good at summary's).

RATING: G or PG

DISCLAIMER: The characters in this story, except for Healer Bash'ta who I made up myself, belong to George Lucas, not me. I do not own them nor am I making any money off of them (or this story). I do not mean to break any copyright rules with this story. :) it's all in good fun!

NOTE: This isn?t the best one I?ve ever written. Really the first two in this series (A Bond of Friendship; and A Temple Visit) aren?t very good at all. They are the first two fanfics I?ve written, making them not too good. Please bear with me for these first two stories, after that things get better ? I promise.

// // personal thoughts
    * * italicized words
    ^ ^ telepathic words

Bruck Chun circled slowly. He reached out for the force, he could feel it pulsing, and raging hot. It flowed through him easily. Using it, he easily located where his opponent was.

He could hear the crowd of temple students cheering and could feel the eyes of the Jedi Masters on him. Now that *Oafy*-Wan had left the temple to become a farmer he was the oldest one there. The Council Members would try to convince Master Tahl to take him as her apprentice. This could be a very good thing for him.

The Force told Bruck that his opponent had moved, he or she was being very cautious. The boy bit his lip, he *had* to win this battle. It wasn't just a stupid temple exercise used to test him, this was an important fight. It was this sparring match that would finally convince Master Tahl to take him as her Padawan Learner? if he won.

Bruck's opponent began to attack; slowly, cautiously, as if afraid to fight. Since both students were blindfolded the "enemy" was hesitating. Bruck didn't wait any longer. He began to attack in a fury, slowly forcing his opponent into a corner. Bruck swung his lightsaber to make the final blow to the neck that would determine him the winner but was surprised when his lightsaber hit nothing but air.

Bruck was filled with anger. He had become to overconfident and had lost the forces guidance, therefore allowing his opponent to escape! He turned, lightsaber ready to attack, but before he could completely turn around he felt something burn his neck. It was the lightsaber of the other student.

"Enough." Yoda called out. "Winner is Reeft."

Bruck ripped off his angrily ripped off his blindfold but did his best to mask his feelings. He turned and bowed to his opponent, Reeft, and then Yoda. As he walked from the room he could hear the cheers of the students as Reeft bowed to them and waved.

How could he let that happen? How could he, Bruck Chun, allow that stupid boy to defeat him? Obviously he had been tricking Bruck by acting scared, it wasn't fair! He wanted a rematch! But, he knew this would never happen. Bruck had allowed himself to be tricked. If he could allow it here he would most likely be led into a trap in a real battle. Anger boiled inside him, now Master Tahl would never take him! She would take Reeft instead! Bruck would be sent to work as a, a farmer just like that Obi-Wan. The thought of his former classmate and enemy made him boil over with anger. //There is nothing I can do//, Bruck told himself. //Nothing at all.//

The thought of being a farmer and loosing his dream of being a Jedi Knight was to much for the boy. Tears began to fall; silently they fell to the ground.

Reeft entered the shower room. He was glad that he had won but he still worried about Master Tahl. Would she accept him? Would she take him as her Padawan? She had never had

3. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Bad, Angel? What are you talking about! That was GOOD! No... seriously, it was good. The beginning caught my attention. I liked it. Post the next part soon! :)

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

4. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Serious Senoj? It wasn't too bad? Hmmm... if you say so... then I guess I'll post the next part some time soon.

5. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    UP!

Post soon Angel. The thread fell to page 8 waiting for you!

Don't worry. I'll be upping it while you get ready to post the other part.

Friends watch out for other friends' threads. ;)

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

6. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    UP!!! :D

I'm looking out for you, my dear. ;)

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

7. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks Senoj. I'll post the next part soon... hopefully

Don't worry - if not Sunday it will be done on Monday! Promise!!

8. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Upers! :D

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Aww c'mon Angel! You know this series is cool! Don't let the fic fall down too far else no one will never find it. Senoj and I can keep it up can't we Senoj?

10. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey guys!! I'm finally able to post the next part!! Thanks Ginger and Senoj for keeping it up. :)

Okay - here's the next part (and to all - don't worry - story 3 is much better!)

"Another fight there will not be Bruck." Yoda said, compassion in his voice, "lost you did, understand this you must. Wait in your room for orders you will. It will not be long."

"But Master Yoda, I don't want to be a farmer, I want to be a Jedi Knight!" Bruck said, trying to keep his emotions under control. He didn't want to become angry or upset, not here, not in front of Yoda.

Yoda looked at him curiously, "Out of pride your wish is, not out of commitment. Because of Obi-Wan do you want to become a Knight. Gloat you will if you succeed. Have this we cannot. Go now you will."

Bruck felt anger rising in him. He bowed and then left. It would be of no use to argue with the elder Jedi, he would only loose that as well.

As Bruck sat in his room he began to think, to come up with a plan. He was pretty sure that the Masters would call him before the Jedi Council. After all, Yoda had seemed pretty sure that the real reason he didn't want to become a farmer was because of Obi-Wan and well, unfortunately, he was right. Brucks pride had taken over. He began to plan what he would say to the Council to change their mind, but he knew that there wasn't much he could do.

Master Binn Ibes and Reeft stood before the Jedi Counsel, waiting for their next mission.

"Master Binn Ibes, are you sure you wish to take this boy for your Padawan? You must remember that you have only seen two boys fight. Do you know much about this boy?" Mace Windu asked.

"I have spoken with the boy and watched clips and holograms of his other fights, I am quite sure he will make a good apprentice. He is not filled with anger or impatience; his core is good. Why do you continue to question my decision?" Binn Ibes responded. Mace and the other Masters had been asking him question after question, trying to convince him Reeft was not a good candidate, or so that was how it seemed to him. In reality the Masters only wanted to be positive that Binn Ibes was sure he wanted this boy.

"I will ask you no more." Mace picked up a data pad and handed it to Master Binn Ibes "This outlines your mission for you, if you have any questions feel free to ask, but your transport leaves tomorrow at dawn. You are dismissed." Binn Ibes and Reeft bowed before leaving. Already there seemed to be a connection between them.

As Binn Ibes and Reeft walked out of the room Bruck walked in. He did not recognize the Jedi Master and he was surprised that Reeft had been chosen but he didn't waste time thinking about it. He was here to speak with the Council.

Bruck walked into the center of the room. The masters were sitting in a semi circle, some in front of him and some on either side. He bowed respectfully and then, before Mace Windu could open his mouth he began to speak, "Masters of the Jedi Council, I know that I have been called before you to receive my next orders but before I receive them I want to make a request." He waited, after a few seconds Yoda nodded and spoke, "Go on you shall." Bruck continued, "I know that nothing I say will change your minds about me fighting again. Already I have spoken with Master Yoda and he has denied me the privilege of a rematch. So I have come to you with a different request instead. I ask that you allow me to study to become a Jedi Healer instead of a Knight, or a farmer, or whatever you have chosen for me. I have spoken with the Healer Bash'ta and she has agreed to train me, if you agree." He stopped and looked at the members. Now he was getting slightly nervous. No one had stopped his speech and now they all seemed to be looking at him, staring through him almost.

"This proposal is a very strange one for a Jedi Student. You are trained to accept what happens, yet you have asked to change to a different training because of a single failure, bu

11. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay - I know that nobody else seems to CARE but I'm going to post the next section of the story... soon... if I find out that somebody actually wants to read it.

*sigh*

I'm wallowing in self-pity today and just feeling miserable. :(

12. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel5000
    I like them...

Id like to get my hands on the purple notebook sometime soon to read it again.
    :)

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Up!

(giggles) Oooh start reading it peeps!

(gazes at people who are only reading replies) ::You *will* read this excellent series...::

Hey Angel, don't be disheartened! *WE* know it's a great fic!

(glances at clock) Yikes! Gotta dash! My net time is up!

14. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    SilverWander, um... no one else knows what the PNB is - so perhaps we should leave that out of our posts.... will cut back confusion.

Ginger - I don't think it worked! LOL :)

I'm not so dishearted anymore... but I want someone to read it!!!

Oh- BTW - I'll post the next part of the story (and possibly the last part of story 1 - then onto story 2) very very soon. :)

15. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    UP! Me like me like! You got Yoda's dialect down pretty well. :)

Don't you worry Angel, Ginger and I will be UPing! :D

WHo Else But...
    ***Senoj***

16. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks Ginger and Senoj. You guys are great. :)

Okay, here's the next little part...

The next day, when everyone else was hurrying to classes Bruck was in the Healers Ward with Healer Bash'ta. She was explaining to him different creams and what they did. Bruck tried hard to keep his mind on what she was saying but he constantly found himself wondering what was going on in other classes.

"Bruck!" Bash'ta said sharply, "You are not paying attention again, the Jedi Masters will not be pleased if you cannot keep your mind on what is going on. The Healers must always have their minds open and ready to concentrate. It could mean the difference between life or death."

"Yes, Healer Bash'ta I know this. But," He paused, how was he going to tell her about the empty void he felt inside him when he couldn't explain it himself, "I'm sorry, I will try harder." Bruck lowered his head but brought it up again. He had not been shamed so he shouldn't act like it.

Bash'ta's voice softened, "You miss the Jedi Classes. We will not have any more lessons today." She picked a datapad off the shelf. It was a special datapad designed specifically for Healers to keep track of things with. The pages were divided into four sections and were blank, completely ready to be filled. "Here, you will use this to keep a record of all I tell you. Here in the first section you write the name of the ointment, cream, or cure. The next section is for its uses. In the third section you will list the ingredients and directions on how to make it in the fourth. Carry this datapad with you always, then you will never be at a loss for a cure." She picked another datapad off the shelf. This one was colored a dark blue and was designed with a high security password. "In this one though, you are to record you feelings and thoughts. I will not look at it, nor will anyone unless you allow him or her to. It is a good way to let go of all those emotions that sometimes get trapped up inside you. Keep it as your journal, and use when you need it.? She smiled kindly at him. It must be hard for the boy, she was sure of that, and would do her best to make it easier.

"Thank-You Master. I will keep them always." Bruck said, smiling as he looked at his gifts.

"Now, take these ointments, the ones I just explained to you and copy them into your book. Everything you will need to know is listed on the bottle. When you have finished that I have some other training for you that I think will keep your mind busy for a while." She smiled as she handed him the bottles.

Bruck grinned a thank-you; anything that could keep his mind off the other students and their Jedi Training would be welcome.

Reeft sat on his bed reading some materials Master Binn had given him. They were about the planet they were going to, Codani II. The books told of the race?s history, government structure, population, anything you could think of was there. When Reeft had asked why, Binn had only replied that it was important to know as much as possible about a place before you arrived. That way you could be prepared for anything. Reeft had nodded it was a reasonable answer.

"Are you finished Padawan?" Binn asked as Reeft set aside the book.

"Yes Master, that book at least. I still have yet to read up on its government." He sighed. There was so much to remember that it all cluttered in his head and would sometimes jumble up together.

Binn noticed Reeft was getting bored, "Come, we will work on your concentration skills before we retire. We have a long day ahead of us."

Reeft grinned as he set aside the books. "What are we going to do Master?"

Binn held up a small round ball about the size of his fist. "This exercise is going to work on your concentration and use of the Force. I want you to close your eyes, and using the Force, follow all instructions I give you." Reeft quickly obeyed, seeing it more as a game rather than a learning exercise. "Are you ready Pada

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!! No worries, Senoj and I are taking care of things! This was only on page two so it didn't go down too far!

Wow, reading these again is great! Brings back my memories and I'm picking up the story better this time. Then again, that always happens 2nd time round right? LOL!!

18. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks again Ginger! You're the greatest.

The next part will come soon. At least there are a couple people who are reading it. :)

19. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    I can only wonder how long it will take you to get the next part up............

20. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    LoL

won't take too long SilverWander. Don't worry. :)

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Up! Come on next part Angel!!

22. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Okay guys - here's the next part of A BOND OF FRIENDSHIP. It's the ending of this story but I'll start A TEMPLE VISIT soon. I'm thinking about putting it in this thread- but also thinking about making a new thread for it. What do you guys think?

// // personal thoughts
    * * italicized words
    ^ ^ telepathic words

BRUCK?S POV

Bruck was up at dawn, he knew that today was the day Reeft left with Master Binn and he was to watch with his own Master, the Healer Bash'ta. He really didn't want to watch as Reeft walked outside and saw the friends who had gathered there. He didn't want to watch as Reeft climbed aboard the ship and waved his last farewell, as the group of students yelled good-bye. All the students would hide their true emotions, put on happy and cheerful faces but Bruck didn't want to have to do that either. To stand out there and watch Reeft leaving as a Jedi Padawan Learner while he had to stay here, as a Healers Apprentice would hurt too much. Bruck was afraid he wouldn't be able to conceal is emotions and he didn't want to have to fight them away.

Healer Bash'ta seemed to realize this, so she suggested that they stay inside and watch through the window. Bruck was glad of this; his Master was sensitive to his thoughts, a good sign. Emotions began to take over as he saw Reeft and Binn walking out onto the landing pad. Feelings of hurt, anger and pride came first, slowly they melted away and the feelings of sorrow, sadness and grief came over him. That could have been him walking out there, him that the students could be yelling their good-byes to. If he had only kept control of his anger and not allowed himself to become overconfident then it would have been him instead of Reeft that would be walking with Master Binn. Bruck would be a Padawan Learner and Reeft would have stayed here and continued his Jedi Training for a few more weeks before another Master came to watch him fight. Reeft would have had many more chances to become a Padawan but he; he had lost his last chance. Never again would he yield a lightsaber or participate in the Jedi Classes. Instead he would be here, in the Healers Ward learning about herbs and creams, and cures for simple illnesses.
    Tears began to silently fall; they fell onto the ground unnoticed one at a time. He moved to wipe them away, he should be hiding his emotions, as the students outside were, but it was so hard!

Bash'ta laid her hand on the boys shoulder; she knew how tough it was on him. Although she had never gone through what he was going through she could feel his feelings. His pain was her pain, and every time a wave of sorrow washed over him she too felt it. This was good, she and her Intern had a strong connection, and it would grow stronger yet.

^Do not wipe away your tears young apprentice, for it is not wrong to grieve. It is only wrong if you grieve because of pride, but you do not, you grieve for something that you worked for and then lost. There is nothing wrong or shameful with that.^ Bash'ta didn't say it out loud but instead the sent it to Bruck's mind through the force. Their bond was strong and they could easily read one another's thoughts.

Bruck nodded; maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all being a Healer. He would be able to help others, and besides, he seemed to have a close bond with his Master, maybe this had been his destiny after all, to be a Healer instead of a Knight. Anyway, he would not fight it but instead would put his whole mind and soul into his new job. It would be fun trying to see how fast he could learn about the new herbs and creams. Another tear fell unheeded but Bruck didn't move to wipe it away. He would let himself grieve first though, and then - then he would throw himself into his job, and he would show the Council that he was committed.

^Do not do it to prove to the Council, do it to prove it to you. The only one that you should ever need to prove anything to is yourself.^ Bruck looked up as the words came into his mind unexpectedly. He hadn't realized she could read

23. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Excellent, Angel! Excellent! I recommend ading story 2 to this thread. But that's simply my opinion. I liked this last post the best. It was wonderful!

***Senoj***

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Uppers!

Feel better soon Angel! Looking forward to the next part so much! So will you be posting here faster than at FFN?

25. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    *starts humming the jepordy theme song*
    wating for the next part to get posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.