main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Force Myth (An In-universe allegory)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin Starkiller, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 1999
    Title: A Force Myth
    Author: Anakin Starkiller
    Timeframe: Lost in the mists of time predating 36,000 BBY
    Characters: The Whills, Followers of Ashla, Followers of Bogan
    Genre: Religious Instruction
    Keywords: Ashla, Bogan, Whills, The Force
    Summary: An allegory comparing and contrasting two approaches to the Force.
    Notes: This was originally created for my Jedi Philosophy site http://jedipath.org as a real life teaching tool through the use of story. But I imagine the mythical Jedi had all sorts of stories like this they would tell younglings to ground them in the beliefs of the Jedi.
    ---

Deep in the mists of time, before there were Jedi, before there were Sith, there were those that touched the Force and knew it. They named the aspect of light Ashla, and they named the aspect of darkness Bogan. Some held to the light, and some dwelt in the shadows.

The Leader of the Whills visited the community and called them all together, those that followed the Ashla, and those that followed the Bogan. He brought them to a pool of cool water and said, "within this water is the knowledge of surviving after death. If you drink of this, your consciousness will exist in the Force as a luminous being after you shed your bodies. However this water can only be drunk directly from your hands, and you cannot bend your elbows. If you do not do this, you will not gain the knowledge of life after death."

Those who followed the Bogan began to grumble and complain. "It can't be done," they said, "its a trick! There is no knowledge to be had, its impossible." and they left, leaving only the followers of the Ashla.

One of the followers of Ashla went to the pool, arms outstretched and cupped the water in her hands, she turned to the one beside her and said, "take, drink." The other followers of Ashla followed her example of offering drinks to others and not worrying about drinking themselves. In this way all of them were able to drink.

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I like this parable! Very creative. Great job!

3. Anakin Starkiller

Jun 13, 1999
    Luna_Nightshade, thank you. I have a interest in not just telling stories in the Star Wars universe, but creating artifacts from the Star Wars Universe. My other story, The Fynal Construction of the Lytsabre is another version of this in-world document. Not just stuff to read about Star Wars characters but creating something Star Wars characters would read.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Beautiful! I love these kinds of tales.

5. Anakin Starkiller

Jun 13, 1999
    Valairy Scot Thank you. I adapted this from a hindu tale that was told me and Jedi'd it up.