main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A NEW BEGINNING

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Greetings fellow Star Wars fans, this is truly a day to remember. For a long time people that live north of Cincinnati and south of Columbus have not been able to be truly active in any fanforce due to the long journeys to meet with either the Cincinnati fanforce or the Columbus fanforce. This is truly a new beginning. It will take time for us to grow, but one day we will be recognized with the great fanforces around the country. I plan on working hard at recruiting people and being very active in achieving the goal on which the creation of this forum was fought for, and that goal is to meet many Star Wars fans and become not just penpals but close friends and to most importantly...HAVE ALOT OF FUN! Let's make the most of this. May the force be with you all.

2. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I must congradulate sean on his persistence and dedication to getting this FF up and runnig. It will be a fun and loose atmosphere where all area star wars fans can chat and meet new people. I encourage anyone and everyone to join us.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Can't wait to have our first meeting, hopefully very soon!! :)

4. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Thank you for the compliment Auditor. I agree with Ludo, We should have our first meeting soon. I was told we have to post it 1 week before it takes place in order for it to be recognized by theforce.net in working towards becoming an official Fanforce. We must do it like that the first 3 meetings then we are official! I am in favor of getting this ball rolling so I would suggest having our first meeting next weekend. Do either of you have any suggestions on where you would like to meet or what you would like to do? I am up for just about anything.

5. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    I am currently in grad school, and can't meet until after 2:30 on saturday. I could meet any time on Sunday. By the way can everyone here provide their own transportation? I live in West Chester in case either of you needs a ride to where ever we go.

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Sunday sounds very good to me, what about you guys?

7. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    It sounds like Sunday February the 2nd is the winner. Two places I can think of that sound good are the BW3 on union center boulevard or the Borders by the tri-county mall. These are places we could meet and be able to have a meeting without interuption or being hassled by waiters. What time sounds good to you guys? I am fine with any time that day. I have started a list of things for us to discuss and decide on. I personally am very excited to see what we can accomplish with this new Fanforce. :) Let me know what time and place is good for you guys.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I like borders for that first meeting... I love BW3, but it's more a "after-meeting" place :)

9. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Hi gang....... I'm Space.

I live in Dayton, and I'm really excited that there are other JC'ers right here in my area.....

I've been around the boards for a while now, and I'm heavily involved as Vice Chancellor of the Blue Yoda Society......

Any assistance I can give you is at your disposal. :)

Feel free to pm me,

-Space

p.s. Nice icon, Starrider,... that's the official BYS icon. :)

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Well Space, it is great that you found us here and that there are many others. You should come to our first meeting and tell everyone else that you think would be interested to come also. This is very exciting! Long live the Dayton Fanforce!

11. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Cool..... thanks... I pm'd someone I met at another site who posts on the JC as well.

They live in Covington, which is North of here..... Hopefully they will be interested also....

as stated in my PM to Starrider, I'm availabe on most Sunday evenings..... any Tuesday or Wednesday....... and every other Saturday or Monday nights....

Let me know.....

-Space

12. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Hey everyone, Sunday Feb. 2nd is good for me. Borders is probably best for our first meeting. Although BW3 has got very good food. We should invite some of the Cincinnati people who are to far north to drive to go to kentucky for meetings. You have both been here longer, do you know anyone from the Cinci FanForce who would convert?

13. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Based on popular vote..Borders is where our first meeting shall be held. There is one by the tri-county mall and one near the Dayton mall. The tri-county mall one is closer for Ludo, but the Dayton mall is closer for Space and his friends and Auditor and I are right in the middle. I will set up a pole for everyone to vote and let's just say majority wins. Whichever one it ends up being, let's just say the meeting will take place Sunday February 2nd at 7pm.

14. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Sounds really good! I know I am planning to attend!

15. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Hey sean, if you can convert anyone from Cinci FanForce try to do so. I figure the bigger we get the more fun events we can have. I will be there on feb 2nd.

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I posted an invitation on the Cincinnati boards to the first meeting. But most of them live in Kentucky so I doubt they would be interested. Plus most of them seem content with the way their Fanforce is. Don't worry though Auditor, I have got some great recruiting ideas that I will go over at the meeting plus Space knows people in Dayton that would like to join also. Like I said, we will start off small but I anticipate us growing at a good pace and being just as big as the great Fanforces around the country.

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I agrre with Sean... If some show up, great, otherwise, well, their loss :)

18. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Damn, i don't believe it. you guys actually did it. I don't know exactly why you did it, but the reasons you gave, were pretty stupid considering that the cincy/nky fanforce is still growing and expanding itself. and as it seems like, most of you guys dont even live in dayton, but in cincy. If you guys were that mad at the cincy/nky fanforce, i dont understand why you couldnt sit down and settle this like men, not like boys.

Also I don't know how long you guys are going to have hatred feelings toward the cincy/nky fanforce, but maybe someday, that both fanforces will be able to hang out together and be friends once again.

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    PM sent darth, and don't call me a boy again kiddo ;)
    Also, if we decided to leave Cinci FF, it's because nothing is happening and that we do not enjoy ourselves there, no hatred as you said, just very bored I would say :)

20. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    What's funny here is that I remember darthskywalker's name before he changed it..I believe it was Limpdogg? So before you start calling us boys and pretend you have a clue of what you are talking about, take off your fred durst hat and lay down the 8 mile soundtrack and pick up a book and read it all the way through. And by the way..I do live closer to Dayton than Cincinnati.

21. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey sean, first off, i've had the name limpdogg since i was 14 yrs old, and back then fred durst was cool. and i saw 8 mile and i thought it was a very overrated movie, so dont go dissing anybody, that you dont know.

22. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Calm down guys, no need to get all worked up over that :)

23. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Guys, this new FF is for everyone and anyone. Lets not go arguing over stupid statements. We will meet Feb 2nd, discuss houskeeping issues, and then start having fun and recruitung new and interesting people. By the way, Darthskywalker, since you are so interested in posting in the Dayton thread, why don't you attend our meeting. It is open to all, anyways you might actually like our FF more. Well, it is just an idea man.

24. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I plan on coming to one in the future, but not the 2nd since i want to go to another cincy meeting, and get some ideas on the table about different things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.