main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Feature-Length Fan Film?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by VinDyr01, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I am also working on a feature length Star Wars fan-film. I am working on the rough draft and I shown it to all of my friends and Star Wars fans and they all agree that it stays ture to the Star Wars Universe.

Yeah, but have you shown it to any fan filmmakers? We're the real continuity bastards -- unless it comes to our own films.

I thought I would be the first one to announce that I was doing a feature Fan-film for Star Wars.

So did we all. Hell, I wasn't even the first to announce a fan film taking place on Earth. EagleI beat me to that (though I hear that project has since been dumped).

It takes place right after the battle of Endor. Two Jedi that were "preserved" by Yoda

Who didn't tell Luke about them for what reason?

who after sooo many years in hiding on the planet of Durren finally comes out only to intercept a message from Naboo

Which may be destroyed in Episode III for all we know.

who

"Which."

is now facing (yet again) an invasion, but this time by the Galactic Empire.

Which, having suffered a loss of the Emperor, has been thrown into chaos and anarchy and has enough to worry about without the rather pointless invasion of a backwater planet (which is, truthfully, what Naboo is).

Tel me what you think.

I think the plot needs some major rethinking, ESPECIALLY if you intend to make this a 2-hour epic and expect people to sit through it.

Hey, you asked.

M. Scott

2. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    You could take out Naboo with Clone Troopers with maybe a Battalion of troops and equipment. I would love to see Walkers moving on Theed. Actually just the threat would force them into submission. They go out of their way to avoid conflict. The only significance it ever had was that Palpatine needed it so the senate would feel his pain.

3. Rikalonius

Jul 26, 2001
    Darn double post!!!!

4. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I would have to say that if someone is going to try to produce a so-called "feature length" FanFilm (which in my mind means 80 to 120 minutes, or so), it had better be damn-well put together if he'she expects people to:

(1)devote the time and hard disk/memory resources to downloading the thing in the first place; and
    (2)sit for 80 to 120 minutes and WATCH it.

The only film I have seen come close to this has been THE FORMULA .. and even that only ran for a little over 50 minutes.

Certainly it can be done, but I think that for the vast majority of pipe-dream filmmakers on this Forum (especially considering the age bracket of many of these "feature-length" filmmaker hopefuls), it is simply not a realistic undertaking - time-wise, resource wise, financially, etc. ESPECIALLY for a first-time-out.

You can call it complaining if you wish ... but I call it a dose of REALITY. ;)

5. Rikalonius

Jul 26, 2001
    Couldn't agree more. I would rather see a dozen good five minute fanfilms, than wait around forever only to hear that the so called best fanfilm ever has been, as expected, shelved.

Even the guy that did Park Wars the Little Menace got 10 minutes into it and said, ee gad! This is to much work, and cut the remainder down to a music video that lasted the remaining 3 minutes.

6. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    "The only film I have seen come close to this has been THE FORMULA .. and even that only ran for a little over 50 minutes."

That makes me feel good, TAC! ;) j/k

I still have problems watching THE FORMULA. it crashes about 2-3 minutes in...

Hey, TAC... When do we get to see some of your fanfilm work? Or is there already stuff up?

7. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    He doesn't make films. ;) He's the Ebert of this board. :p

8. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    You guys ain't seen NUTHIN yet. [face_mischief]

Wait until you see the eagerly-anticipated website we have been preparing for you.
    (Estimating a September 1st 2002 DEBUT). :D

I said estimating. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.