main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww love the end! The press clippings were a great way to mention everything that happens, and my Lukie and Mara got a boy and girl! :-D And, of COURSE I liked the way you wrote my Lukie...in fact I had to read through this last post a few times to try to convince myself it wasn't over yet. :(

At the risk of a good thwacking...you know, a kind twist on the Manchurian Candidate involving Jen's son would be interesting for a sequel;)

The new story looks great though! Can't wait for it! I'm glad that even though it's not part of THIS series, at least you are writing more! Otherwise, I'd probably go through LadyPadme Stories withdrawl or something... ;)

2. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful ending, LadyPadme. The clippings were a great idea - a good way to tell a lot in a relatively short space. And 1009 pages??? :eek:

Addendum to my last post: I know what I can do now - go back and read the other stories! I kind of started but got distracted by this one... :)

I'm bad, I know... :p Why do I always end up reading series out of order?

Anyway, excellent job, LP. Keep up the great work!

3. TheBeardedLady

TheBeardedLady Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2004
    Congrats on the end of such a long journey LP. *hugs* You know I loved it even if I did send you death threats and blow up your state and what not. Water under the bridge ;)

And of course I will be along for the new one (and any older ones you feel like finishing *hint*).

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wonderful, wonderful story, LP! I enjoyed every minute of it. Too bad it's at the end so soon. Kudos to you on a job well done! =D=

And now to respond on the beginning of your next story - very interesting. I can see this marriage thing will cause lots of problems for H/L. Can't wait till you post more! :D

5. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    **Standing ovation**
    Fantastic fic LP, once again you have done an excellent job. And let me say, a job that raises jealousy(I cant keep my muse longer than a two minute span). You wrote FOUR stories. Congratulations on your efforts.

:D

DM

P.S: I would like to have a PM sent as soon as your gonna post the other fic... looks great! and um.. a small question.. what about your other fic... Dancing in **insert name I cant recall** Bay?

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Dancing in **insert name I cant recall** Bay?

Pescopine Bay. ;)

Wonderful, Jieh. [:D] A beautiful conclusion for a fantastic story. Just about all the loose ends tied up - well, except for Jen and Junior, of course :p - and you know that I love Luke and Mara having a daughter as well as Ben. Such a beautiful name for her, too! [face_love]

I can't believe it's over . . . :_|

*sends evil twin Diet Coke and Junior's cheesecake* [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And good thing you spared Mara?s hand or I?m not sure your twin wouldn?t have hunted you down?

Where on earth would you get an idea like that, Lex? :eek: *surreptitiously kicks thwacking stick under the rug* Ignore him, Jieh. [face_batting]

7. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hey! I am here! :)

Sorry to be late, but I had to make all these huge ammounts of Greek sweets to bring for celebrating the HAPPY ENDING... ;)

So, here they are: Tones of
    baklavas,
    thiples,
    kadaifi,
    saragli,
    ravani,
    nutscake,
    ekmek,
    galaktoboureko,
    kourabiedes
    with home-made sweet wine from Santorini

and... pies
    pumpkinpie,
    spinachpie,
    cheesepie,
    leekpie,
    meatpie
    with home-made dry wine from Santorine

Note: Santorini's wine are one of the best, probably because of the volcanic soil, Roman Emperors drunk wine only from Pompeii and Santorini!
    Notice the home-made, no preservatives...

I think they would much more tasty than that diet coke, Gambri? :D

Thanks for the ride, dear friend! It was fascinating and really help me in some rather difficult moments in my life to loosen, not mentioning your direct help in them! You are one of my best friends, although never met in person and if your path ever brings you to my little country, I would be delighted to show you around and give you all the above treats for real!

[:D] and :*

I am really sorry for having these series to come to an end, but the new story seems so promising... [face_love]

Be happy and healthy!

Lena

8. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh, simply wonderful!! I loved the whole thing! I have to go back and read OSAS now!! (That'll be tomorrow!) And the sequel looks beautiful, I'll be dogging the saga board for it!!

9. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Sorry I missed the end of the story!!! Christmas break snuck up on me, and my computer at home isn't exactly what you would call new and working well.

I loved the story, happy about Xan's death, upset about Exar Kun, and happy about all the little force sensitive children running around!

The new stroy should be awesome and I can't wait to see it up on the boards!

Thank you so much for writing wonderful stories that alievate my bordem here at school!

****STANDING OVATION*****

10. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great Job, LP! Loved the ending and especially the beginning of your new story (H/L :)). I am certainly looking forward to it. :)

11. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love the ending. Nice to see that Winter and Tycho named their little girl after the daughter Han and Leia lost. I am most happy that Han and Leia have gotten to raise their four kids. Too funny that Jacen and Jaina tried to sell off Anakin when no one was looking. Han and Leia's four kids and Luke and Mara's two should make for a great next generation.

Excellent first chapter for your next story. I can't wait to find out whose idea it was to put Han on this mission with Leia. Han doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but Leia's obviously upset. Could the mastermind be Rieekan, or is this Mon Mothma's cruel joke?

12. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't believe I've read this story before if I didn't I don't remember. I just read the end and can't wait until I get some free time to start reading the rest.

From the end I'm betting this is a great story.

13. VadersMiharu

VadersMiharu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    The last chapters were great. I am glad everybody is happy :) And that everything is okay! ;)

It's a pity you won't write a sequel to this (at least, in the next times). But your next story looks hilarious! I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm glad I took the advice of my daughter and I came in to read :) This was a great story, as the other three were! Fantastic! =D= Great work! ;)

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    ...runs in apologizing for delay in responding...

GreatOne: Thanks again so much for reading! Look forward to seeing you on the new thread.

jade51999: Awww...you're so sweet! Thank you!

jacen200015: Sorry for the delay. Will send the chapter to you as soon as I can.

dm1: I'm afraid Dancing in Pescopine Bay is indefinitely shelved. As for Out to Win, I promised I'd write another chapter, but for now the promise is that I'll only write another chapter if J-Girl comes back and writes another chapter on Of Love and Marriage :p.

- Look forward to seeing you in the new thread.

LaYa_: It's really been great having you along, and I look forward to seeing you on the new thread ;)

zsuzsa: Well, shieh shieh (that's 'thank you' in Mandarin) for the Hungarian ;)

WILFBIRD: Thank you so much for reading!

Jedi-2B: Yes, my son definitely had a rude awakening when his sister came home ;)

- As for the markups it took me about 3 hours to do it all.

rxchiquita: Oh, you know very well whom Leia is going to marry. Whether or not it ends in happily ever after, divorce or her decking him... :p

calgary: Thank you so much for coming along for the ride!

Jedi_BMK: Well, there's one Exar Kun powered little Sith, but they might collect one or two other misfits along the way eventually... :p

princess_meg: But, isn't it fun when you think your favorite character is going to die and then he doesn't? :p

flowerbee: Waiting only makes the resultant reward sweeter ;) Thanks for reading!

Webogirl: I guess I'm not evil enough. But I want to be. Some day I'll actually get the courage to write dark H/L...

HerHighness33: Thanks! Look forward to seeing you in the new story, too!

KnightedRogue: Winter using the name Ralia for her daughter comes directly from GabriJade's vignette Remembrance, which was a spinoff from The Jade Prophecy :)

JSM: Look forward to you and your Sun Crusher showing up in the new fic!

StarFighter5: Thanks again for coming in to read!

BA: Again, it was great having you along and I really appreciate the enthusiasm!

A-Windsor: Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you and BB...

DarthLex: Who better to twist things around than a reporter? :p Glad you liked the press clippings and thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to read.

Mirax-Jade: Look forward to seeing you on the new story.

Leia: Glad to be of help in college finals week!

Kab730: Thank you!

RebelMom: Well, actually I will be taking a break for now. Like I said, that story may be a while in coming. But I look forward to seeing you!

JAGSGURL15: Thank you!

QueenofAces: Look forward to seeing you, too!

SaraKenobi: Welcome and thank you so much for reading!

EmilieDarklighter: Mei Mei! So glad you got through to the end. Hope you like the way it went for Luke and Mara :)

maramijade: Jaina or Karielle falling for Toth? Now there's a thought...

mutley: Thanks again for reading!

padawan_lunetta: Thank you so much for reading along!

Knight_Aragorn: Thanks so much for reading...and I hope you enjoy the other stories :)

TheBeardedLady: Thank you for coming out of hiding to post. It's been fun to have you along.

HanSolo29: Look forward to seeing you on the new story, too!

DarthMasan: As I stated earlier, unfortunately, Dancing in Pescopine Bay is dead, but hopefully my muse will be able to breathe something good into this new one. Look forward to seeing you there.

Gabri_Jade: Mei! * hugs again * You know where I got Karielle from? A few letter changes from Gabrielle, of course!

JediArwen: * munches on great Greek treats * Thanks so much for reading. Hope all is well for you and your family and look forward to seeing you on the new thread.

AvenKiel: Look forward to seeing you for the sequel, too

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    So I'm finally showing up after more than a month, only to discover that 1) Nai turned back to the Dark Side and reintroduced angst (like we weren't expecting it :p ), and 2) this wonderful story ended :_|

Fantastic job with the last couple (or more) chapters! I did an excellent job of making everyone search for where that second shoe was, even when it was happy, but the happiness was excellent. Reading about Leia pregnant, complete with mood swings and those odd food cravings was hilarious, and I loved this line:

?Keep that contraceptive implant, Skywalker,? Mara hissed. ?I?m not ready for this.?
    [face_laugh]

Mara and Luke were wonderful together, and it was great to see them finally get some happiness in their lives (even if those mean Siths had to show up and ruin it all).

The emotions you invoked with the Solo kids rejecting Leia and Han was frightening, yet spot on. You always manage to nail the exact "combination" of words required to bring a scene into true reality.

The Sith scared me, by the way :D :p

The last battle was wonderfully written, and you added many small touches that made it seem wonderfully realistic.

And I'd love a link to your next fic. Great job, Nai! [:D]

~Ire @};-

16. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Simply wonderful!

[Insert longer, more gushing reply here for later]

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    [face_dancing] I FINISHED! [face_dancing]

A fun read, your modship. Boy you took those poor characters through the ringer! 8-} I enjoyed the highs and lows, the DaVinci Codesque mystery, the action and angst. (You sure so know how to torture those lovebirds!)

Anyway, I can tell it was a labor of love, and that there is a lot of yourself emotionally invested in the story. Bravo for all you've accomplished. Can't wait for the next thing you put up...

Hopefully with a little less angst. ;) (These authors these days are waaaaay too into torturing their characters [face_plain] ) :p

Bravo! =D=

18. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Looks up at TKL's post and frowns admonishingly..(torture? says the author who tortures her readers..tsk tsk)

just kidding..

Wanted to up this baby...I miss it already!

19. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Thank you to all the kind readers who nominated and voted for this story!

Best Drama, Non-Jedi Male (Han Solo), and Best Series - For In Love and War, The Jade Prophecy and A Phoenix from the Ashes!

Woot!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations, Jieh! [:D] @};- [:D] @};- [:D]

21. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Congratylations, dear friend!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

22. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Congratulations! (I'm truly looking forward to your next story.) :D :D

23. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Great series. Is there any chance that I could pick up all of the missing PMs from the story?

Sorry to see you end it. :(

However, I certainly do understand. I have read your stories start to finish in the last two days and have enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Also, is there anyplace to get the stories in their complete form?

Thanks,

S

24. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    * sneaks into the thread *

Ekhm...

* lights turn on and point the place were I stand *

I didn't take the cookies!!!

I mean great posts. Lots of action ( which I like ), drama ( which I like ), cliffies ( which I don't like ;) ) and a happy ending ( I can live with that ;) ).

What else person can want?

Oh yeah and I must say that it was a great way to end the story with Press news.

And of course Congratulations for winning those Awards :) Well deserved :)

Ok so I will go now...

*starts walking to the exit*

ekhm...

* stops and puts the plate of cookies on the table *

Darn it :p

25. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Congrats for winning those awards! :D You really deserved them! :D [:D] @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.