main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I don't know about that. I see the Purple Wedding being early in Season 4, the Viper vs the Mountain as the penultimate episode and Tyrion killing Tywin as the final episode.

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I think they'll have to put the Purple Wedding in the first half, at least, of season 4, becomes in the book it comes so closely after the RW and so many of the major events happen after the PW.

edit: heck, I could see the PW being a really good first-episode shocker. For the virgins, that is.

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I like to think that they will have the Red Wedding and Sansa's wedding occur at the same time, if simply for dramatic effect. Cut back and forth between the two, with the Rains of Castamere playing in the background.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, very true. As long as Lysa's death is one of the last episode shockers. :D

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Bet you anything unCat's face is the last shot of season 4.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sansa, Myrcella, and Tommen were the only virgins at that wedding.

Just saying.

7. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Myrcella wasn't at the wedding. Jeez, get with the times Jello :-B

Miana Kenobi likes this.
  8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And I'm sure he meant for all the people who haven't read the books and are like "Oh yay a wedding! Nothing horrible can go wrong at THIS wedding!"

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    He undoubtedly meant the other female addition to Tommen's family, who was also a virgin, and was in fact the center of attention.

10. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I was just talking about this with my friend Calvin today. RW will definitely be Season 3. There is enough post RW for everything else to be Season 4.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Pretty sure that any TV viewer who knows how to breathe on his own realizes that Robb's relationship is not going to turn out well. What with Catelyn's constant warnings and ominous music (a ****ing Rains of Castamere instrumental) during the consummation of the relationship. I still hope she turns out to be a Lannister, or at least from a noble Westerland family. Her being some random Volantese expat seems to unnecessarily lessen the magnitude of Robb's stupid mistake.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also think that the RW will be the second to last episode of S3. They simply need a bounce back from those events, or else the tv-people will be left in too much despair. I was close to not finishing after the RW, and I foreseen it and knew that there were still very many pages left in the book. I think that the RW might come as an even bigger surprise for the casual TV viewer, in the books I always felt that Robb was doomed.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I very much doubt that people who are just fans of the show even know what the Rains of Castamere is.

I'm sure that not many would be able to remember that one part of Blackwater, sad as it is. I asked my friends who hadn't read the book after the episode whether they had heard the awesome rendition of the song and they both said 'Huh?'

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    No, they don't know what "The Rains of Castamere" is (the important part was that it sounded ominous) unless they've watched the special features on the season 1 Blu-ray, but the semi-intelligent viewers I've talked to are guessing it's not going to go well for Robb and Jeyne. I doubt they expect something as drastic as the Red Wedding; I just don't think it will be a complete surprise to anyone who's actually paying attention.

Then again, I also thought it was obvious that Robb was going to get killed ever since Dany's 2x4-to-the-reader's-head vision in the House of the Undying.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Rains of Castamere is the main reason why I'm upset with the changes to "Jeyne's" character. The whole point of that song is that you don't **** with Tywin Lannister. Since the Westerlings were bannermen to Casterly Rock, Jeyne's marriage to Robb was a betrayal to Tywin. Playing that song just before all the **** hit the fan is a way of reminding the Starks/Westerlings of that.

Changing her to some random chick from Volantis will reduce a lot of the impact of the pre-RW setting.

16. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
  17. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Huh, I have no idea where the Grey Waste is actually.

18. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    Is this wrong to think that Littlefinger seems less of a complete monster since his intentions toward Sansa had been made clearer ?

(He is certainy better than Joffrey...okay, it's not a feat)

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It has recently come to my attention that some people feel Arya's elimination of the Nightsguard deserter was unwarranted. How common is this? Do the rest of you all think this way? I'd always been of the opinion that the guy was an oathbreaker and criminal. Both Westeros and the Free Cities were better without him around. I don't see the problem with what she did. What say you all?

20. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I say good riddance.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think that she, not knowing if any of her siblings were still alive, probably felt it was her duty as her father's heir and warden of the north.

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Dareon had it coming.

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    With a modern lens, killing someone for desertion is stupid and barbaric. Last time the United States did it was in World War II and it was very arbitrary and very controversial. Even with Westeros' backward medieval ways, Arya did not have the authority to execute Dareon, loathsome as he was.

24. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I have three major problems with GoT S2, and Jeyne/Talisa is probably #1. I think it changes the tone of Robb's relationship and the reasons why he broke his oath considerably. Instead of it being mostly for love, it's mostly for lust. Instead of Jeyne being a sweet girl who tends his wounds and sympathizes with him about the news of his brothers, she's some cliche sass with a hot bod who makes Robb think with his penis instead of his head. And how dare he berate his mother when he's been incredibly selfish...ughh.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Ehhh, I'd say the book version was "for lust" too-- or at least as much as the show. It was basically pity sex on her part-- she "comforted" him with her lady parts-- and they had just met that day after his army stormed her home.