main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A summer project...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I think serious is the way to go. Comedies all depend on the audience and we each have different senses of humor. It's hard to know what your audience is gonna think is funny...pluse I'm just better at serious acting :)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's a brief write up of an idea I had. Very sketchy, so anything can really change. I was also thinking the intelligence group could be wraith squadron, that would be kinda cool :)

The story starts with a Jedi ship hot on the heels of a small fighter containing a Rogue Jedi that has gone loco, he has been on a killing spree and has lost all grips on reality. The Jedi ship fires upon the ship and it heads down toward a mottled green planet. Inside the Jedi discuss what they should do, and they vote that they land on the planet, Ilori, and see if their quarry has survived.

Once on the planet they examine the crashed ship and see that the rogue Jedi has been dragged off somewhere, there are more than just his footprints leading away from the scene. Cautiously they follow the prints, it leads them to a door embedded in a wall of dirt. They wonder what it is, but without warning it opens and the Jedi ignite their lightsabers. But the armed guards are firing stun bolts, undeflectable by lightsabers, and the Jedi go down.

A man in a lab coat, who steps outside right after the Jedi are dragged into the building, is talking to someone on a communicator. He is informed that the lab is to be locked down, and sealed, not to be opened until contacted again. He sends out the orders and he steps into the door, and after looking outside one last time he closes the door.

Thirty Years later?

A New Republic Surveyors group is examining the planet Ilori, devastated after the Empire used it as a testing site for their warships. The ground is dry and barren, nothing is left, except for a door in the ground. They are curious about it and have someone come and examine the door, it seems to date from before the Empire by several years. They try to gain entrance, but it doesn?t budge. So they have an R2 unit try and gain access to the computer.

New Republic Intelligence agents are being briefed on the situation. This was a lab created four years before the Empire took over. Palpatine had charged them with experimenting with gene manipulation, to improve upon clones. Unfortunately he decided against keeping the establishment open, so instead of just decommissioning the lab, he had everyone sealed inside, supposedly to prevent contamination of the research. He never planned on having the place opened again. All the R2 unit could get was a blue print of the place and information on their supplies, which are self-sustaining. The only problem is there were just two women in the group and six men, plus all the guards. After thirty years most of the group went nuts, but some of the younger couples procreated, so there are about three younger scientists in the lab. The younger scientists put all of the others in stasis, so that when they eventually were let out they could get some help for them. The work was never really pursued, after they were sealed in most seem to lose hope that they were ever to be let out again, and they correctly assumed that it was a scam. They have the names of the three individuals running the lab, and that is the extent of the information they have from journals and other files the droid was able to access.

So the intelligence group goes to the secret lab to rescue the group. Inside they find that the group is more than willing to get back to civilization. They go to pull the people out of stasis only to find that most of them have failed and the occupants are dead. Except for five capsules which house the three Jedi and two scientists. They revive those five, unaware that the rogue Jedi was mentally unbalances. They leave the crazy Jedi in a room along with several of the intelligence team. Then the scientists go to see how the other Jedi are. They are very confused, but they are slowly starting to understand what happened, and that life will have changed drastically for them. They ask for the third Jedi, but before they get and answer the crazy Jedi comes out of the other room with lightsaber in hand. The other Jedi are still not dressed yet, as they were revived

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    So I guess I have a big head, but what does everyone think?

*gives everyone the eye *

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    you wanted us to read that ?

just kidding :)

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    All i'll say for now is that whenever I read stuff like that that you've written, like the character bios the other day, i'm continually impressed by your imagination.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thank you :)

And I'm sorry for being long winded, but I write a ton of stuff for FanFiction, and we fanfickers tend to pride ourselfs on long posts.

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ive never been in there before . i went into star wars chicks once . i think that turned me off of fanfic for a while !

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    The board here is really good, most of the time. You guys have to check out Hell's Chance tho...

9. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, sounds cool, but that might be kinda hard to do (thinking of the settings and stuff).

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Elaborate please... Settings? Which ones?

After all I have lived in CO a bit longer than you ;)

11. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah well i got you beat there JGOC (living in colorado)

yes! another victory over a "female"

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    So you've lived here all your life?

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    well, after the planet is devastated, we'd need some external scenes that looked like a nuke range or something...something that looks lain to waste. Also, what would we use to look like a high-tech labratory? And is there a door in the ground somewhere that you had in mind? where do we get the R2 units, or are they just implied (ie we just talk about what the R2 units discovered)?

Jumping off the cliff could be done with camera angles and cuts, but it wouldn't be top quality. I know a few camera tricks we could possible use for lightsaber deaths. We wouldn't be able to see any gore, but it would be just like SW how it's kind of implied (which gives it a certain appeal to most people).

As for how the crazy jedi dies, I think it would be cooler if he wants the 2 sane jedi to kill him or something, when they refuse, he starts fighting them, forcing them to kill him in the end. Maybe they inflict a near fatal wound and then say they're going to help him recover, but he won't let them, and he pushes away from them, accidentally falling off the cliff. just a thought.

14. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    yep, ive lived in three cities in colorado for 19 years... born in englewood, living in littleton, ft collins and the "new" centennial. lol

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well cliff wise you just find a really short cliff and jump off of it. My uncle did that too us at the Grand Canyon, freaked us all out.

As for barren desolate land, the Red sand dunes down south... and yes the r2 unit can be just implied.

I like your idea about the crazy jedi tho...

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, well I lived in Colorado for five years. But then I've lived in NJ, KY, ND Germany, Saudi Arabia, Egypt...

17. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    hm that sucks..

speaking of old crazy jedi... wait i added in old... haha now im gonna have not only the females on this board after me, but the oldies... lol

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I already did that a while ago. They're pretty mellow about the age issue. Talking about age (or lack of it) what's with the name? You're not 21 yet...

Bit of a boozer eh?

19. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    like you wouldnt believe...

lol.

college did wonders for my drinking experiences.

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    hehe... My lips are sealed on any drinking I've ever done...

21. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I have a an idea on the location. Has anyone been up to the old mining camp roads West of Fairplay? They have all kinds of old rusted out equipment laying around and big holes in the ground. It's only about an hour outside of Denver up US285. We could manipulate the "barren wasteland" part a bit with some creative turns.

Space Stuff, do we think any or our graphics people could whip up some quicks animations on that one? Maybe a 15-20 second shot of the two ships going into a planet.

The only problem I forsee is the whole Lab set. That one going to be tricky, unless we have a large empty garage or an abandoned building we could borrow for an afternoon.

I'll scout the Mining Camp Roads on the 20th, but from what I remember, they would be perfect.

JGOC - Work that up a little more and email it to me. I have a couple of ideas, so let's see what we can come up w/ together(jpeterson@jherzog.com).

Great Start!

22. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    a comedy would be easier because we could use somebody r2 cooler as a prop.

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I know how to make a Gonk droid, and I have some ideas for the lab, that is going to be by far the most elaborate set, but that's also going to be what makes the whole thing so cool :)

I'll go ahead and work on the plot thingie (maybe I'll make suggestions for different parts played)

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't do 3d animation yet...not quite that far along in my graphics. Maybe Tim? I know he said something about making 3d animations and having 3DS Max (like the most expensive peice of software I would ever want to own).

Remember though, we have to have pictures of the labt door-in-the-ground before AND after the area has become a wasteland...So we'll have to find two locations that look similar enough that one could be pre-devastation and one could be post-devastation...and figure out how the door thing is gonna work

the only other thing I could think of is if Tim is good enough with 3d to render some landscapes for us...but that would cause a few problems in that we couldn't actually physically interact with the door (OR we could and he would just never show the door in the cg landscapes, we'd only see it in live action up close)...AND cg landscapes are real noticeable and it might give it more of a B5 feel than an SW feel...

25. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    JD - You've obviously never been around those old mining camps there's all kinds of stuff you can use, we just need to have a door that we can place in 2 areas of those camps. Some of the stuff has been grown over, but water cannon mining leaves and area looking like a wasteland pretty nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.