main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Taste of Youth - Qui/Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AthenaLeigh, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    title - A Taste of Youth
    author - Athena Leigh
    rating - G
    main chars - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    summary - What will Obi-Wan do when something incredible happens to his Master?

A Taste of Youth

"It is without a doubt him."

"How is that possible?"

Obi-Wan shook his head. "I have no idea, Master Windu, but it is. This is the way I found him. Fren has confirmed the DNA."

"Let me see him." Mace Windu stood from his chair and approached the Padawan with his arms out. He tried to take the boy who rested on Obi-Wan's shoulder, asleep or nearly so, but as soon as he lost contact with the Padawan, the boy started to scream and cry and kick his feet until Obi-Wan held him again.

"He did the same thing when Fren tried to examine him. I had to hold his hand so he could look him over." It was that clinginess more than the Healer's tests or even his own senses that told him the little boy he held was Qui-Gon Jinn. How that could be, he had no idea, and it seemed Qui-Gon did not either. He had spoken very little, and Obi-Wan guessed that he felt safe with his Padawan while his little mind tried to figure out what was going on.

They had been on a mission to a district of Coruscant, investigating some buildings for suspected criminal activity. He and his Master had separated to search more efficiently, and the next time Obi-Wan had seen his Master, Qui-Gon had somehow been transformed into a little boy. He seemed about five years old, though it was hard to tell with Qui-Gon, a completely normal child except for the spark of intelligence in his eyes. He could feel in the Force it was Qui-Gon, though there was no evidence as to what had happened, and Qui-Gon was speaking only in one-word sentences. Obi-Wan quickly returned to the Temple and now stood before the Council with his altered Master.

Obi-Wan explained, "I believe he is trapped in his own body, or this version of it. His memories are intact, but his mind is the same age as his body. He can't understand what has happened to him. Frankly, I do not know what has happened either."

"Most unusual this is. Discover what happened and change him back, we must. Take care of him you can until know more, we do?" Master Yoda asked.

"That seems the only option." Obi-Wan glanced at the now sleeping Qui-Gon, wondering if he would be all right; Fren had said he was perfectly healthy, but still Obi-Wan was worried. It was indeed a strange turn of events.

"Dismissed you are, Padawan Kenobi. Let you know what we find, we will." Obi-Wan bowed slightly and took his young Master to their quarters.

Outside the chamber, he set the young boy on the ground and took his hand, watching the quiet child toddle along on his newly short legs. Their pace was slow, but Obi-Wan did not mind the journey, smiling as the little hand clutched his fingers. He still could not get over seeing Qui-Gon this way.

"Hungry," the little voice spoke up to him when they were safely in the confines of their apartment.

"You're hungry, Qui-Gon? Let's go to the kitchen." Obi-Wan guided him to the table and helped him into one of the chairs, which now seemed insurmountably large, and prepared a small snack. He sat and watched Qui-Gon work to get his little mouth to consume the food; he seemed to still be having difficulty adjusting to his strange new form, but he managed to down the meal after a little while of gnawing at it.

"What do you want to do now?" Obi-Wan asked, but Qui-Gon was a step ahead.

The boy jumped down from his chair and shouted, "Play!" and raced off. Obi-Wan watched stunned a moment as Qui-Gon raced throughout the rooms, his little legs now moving like lightning. He must have stopped wondering about the why and how and decided to enjoy being a child again.

Obi-Wan spent the next hours chasing him about, amazed at how energetic he was. It was simply a side of his Master he had not expected, but then he was still thinking of Qui-Gon as his Master, when that was clearly not the case for at least the moment.

Eventually, the boy wore himself out and began to slow d

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwww athenaness you know how much I love this one!!! Baby Qui so cute and Obi taking care of him ..... awwww that's just too precious.

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    So cute!!!! i loved it!

4. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    ATHENA YOU POSTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shriek*

Aw, I love your writing... it's been, what, a couple weeks since I've read this originally, but it still totally kept my attention, and was great the second time through! You do such a great job, aw, I can't wait to see more of your work, silly talented Athenaness. :)

*blink* Did Laurie just call you Athenaness?! You have TWO heralds?! ;)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, that was beyond delightful Athena, I enjoyed it so much I read it three times!! :D :D

6. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    That was just wonderful! A great "taste" of Qui and Obi! :D

Little Qui was adorable!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, young Qui-Gon was too cute! I loved Obi's sadness at losing the little Qui, but his joy at regaining his master! A lovely and original story!

8. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    What an original concept! You did a wonderful job of bringing it to life.

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was great!!! Oh I loved it! [face_love] How sweet!! Mush mush mush!! :D *Snrk* loved how he did the 'love' to Tahl hehehehe ;)

Great job! The love of a parent to their child is sooo special!

10. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Layren Lol, yes I do indeed. And so I posted it! And there it is. *squeaks* They are adorable!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Thank you! It was too cute not to write!

Charms Yes, I posted it!! Lol, I think I've at least three heralds by now actually, and a Padawano. And yes, you see my work all the time! And even more all the time once get working computer again. Will be good times! So glad you liked it. :D

Thank you so much, Leona. Your comment made my day. :D And I'm super glad you liked it so much!

Jedi_Chani Thank you! I've found that little Qui-Gon can be irresistably adorable.

VaderLVR Thank you, that means a lot. Yes, poor Obi-Wan, he's always so conflicted! ;) Yeah, he liked taking care of little Qui-Gon, from whom he learned how to take care of little ones!

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Thank you. I'm always afraid I have good ideas but that I just don't express them as well as I could.

Thanks, Kyn. Just imagine how much fun I had writing all that mush! [face_laugh] Yes, well Tahl is his best friend, of course he loves her. Obi-Wan enjoyed his little role reversal, aww but tiny Qui-Gon is so cute, who wouldn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.