main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN A Visiting Neighbor

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jace Darkrider, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Greetings Nashville folks. I am part of the newly forming Atlanta Fanforce. I will be in Nashville for 2 days next week (work related). I will be there June 6th-7th. I was wondering when you guys get together normally? Perhaps I can make it to a meeting if you are all having one. :)

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, elanrai (our city rep) is in Houston right now, so I'm not sure what his schedule is. I'll be working the midnight shift, so I'm sure I can arrange my sleep schedule around some kind of meeting.

Is your work providing hotel accomodations, or do you need a place to crash?

3. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I am staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Downtown. I don't want to inconvenience anyone. If you have to work, don't worry about it. We will have other chances to meet I'm sure. There's DragonCon plus the fact that I travel to Nashville every 3-4 months for business.

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Nonsense. If I didn't try to do something during the day, I'd end up sitting in front of the computer posting messages.

Kind of like now, actually...

5. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, I will be working between 8-5PM. But I am open to suggestions for the evening. I will really only be in town Wednesday evening. I arrive Tuesday night and leave Thursday night. What were you thinking of?

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    One thing that I've always liked doing when I was in college was to go to a place called "Buffalo Wild Wings", eat a bunch of hot wings, and play NTN trivia. We're just now able to do that, with a location opening a couple of weeks ago here in town. They've got the best wings anywhere.

7. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, we could do that. Is there a location in downtown? Just let me know where it is and what time. Guess I'm not savy enough, but what is NTN trivia?

8. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I think he means Nashville, TN trivia? I definitely wouldn't fare well on that one. Better to stick to SW trivia :) .

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    No. I forget what exactly it stands for, but it's something like National Trivia Network. Basically, they televise the trivia questions on the TVs in the room, and you have a machine on your table that you enter the multiple choice answer. The faster you answer (correctly) the more points you get. It takes a while before the points can earn you something (like free 6-piece wings or something). It's still good to see your name up high in the final standings. My friends in college used to do this every couple of weeks or so. We had people from five different majors, so we were able to answer a wide variety of questions. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll have sci-fi night or something. ;)

10. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Sounds interesting. I am familiar with what you are talking about. I've seen them in pubs before but never played. I just didn't know the "official" name. So, will it just be you and I, or will other Nashville SW fans turn up? Since Atlanta is firing up, it will be nice to see how an existing group is working out.

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, so far I've contacted:

elanrai -- has to work. No can do.
    k kanos -- might be able to make it, depending on how well work on his projects goes.
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi -- I can make it, but have to leave by 8:30-8:45 to get ready for work (midnight shift).

12. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    True. Work calls. If only I had known a litle sooner I would have switched with someone. Hope you enjoy Nashtown!

13. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, I understand. By the way, the office I am working in is in Goodletsville. But I am staying in downtown. I should be done around 4:30ish. What time should we meet and where? I'll need a little help finding you. And, I promise next trip I make I will definitely give you guys more notice. :cool:

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Goodlettsville is actually VERY close to the restaurant. If you can find Two Mile Pike (which is off I-65), take that east until you get to N. Gallatin Pike. Immediately after you cross N. Gallatin, you will see a shopping strip to your right. Buffalo Wild Wings will be there at the corner nearest the road. Two Mile Pike actually turns into Myatt Drive once you cross N. Gallatin, but you won't see much of that street.

Why don't we meet there right after you're done (say around 4:45 or so). That will save you a round trip from Goodlettsville to downtown and back. Plus, I realized I need to be somewhere by 6:30 on Wednesday. I can be a little late, but not TOO late.

15. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    That's great! I am actually going to be on Two Mile Pkwy. I know where Gallatin is. I'll meet you there about 4:45 or so. We can chat briefly and then I'll let you go on your way. That sounds good to me.

16. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    It's not looking good for me right now. Our engineers forgot to inform us that we had to submit plans to the city today, so we are scrambling to get these finished :mad: . Plus, I still have the other two design projects that have to be completed by tomorrow. Right now I would say that I won't be joining you all :( . If the status changes, I'll let you know, otherwise have a great visit Jace & Hama. Catch you all later :)

17. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Hey guys! Guess what? I'm coming back to Nashville for another work related trip. I will be in town July 16th and 17th. If anyone wants to get together, let me know. I get off work at about 5:30ish.

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Will you be available to do something on both evenings, or will you be heading out on the 17th? Neither one should be a problem for me, although I need to leave for home by 9 p.m. so I can get ready for work.

19. zmgba

zmgba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2001
    Hama, what do you do for a living? I remember you work for Metro or something, but what exactly?

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
  21. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I am off both of those days as a request. I might have to help take care of my mother-in-law due to a surgery taking place on Monday. :(

I will touch base with everyone if I can or can't be there. :)

22. zmgba

zmgba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2001
    Sorry to here that Elanrai.

Hey Hama could you take care of a little incident that happened a few weeks ago....

J/K

Thats cool, where you on the Force when they made Baseball cards of the officers? That was a while ago, but I thought they were cool then.

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Nah. Just started last August.

24. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Ok, cool. I will be in town the 16th and 17th. Let me know where you guys want to hook up. I am game.

:D

Hama, you gonna be able to make it? Do you have your new schedule?

25. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll still be on this schedule until July 29th. So either night would be fine, as long as I can duck out around 8:45-9:00. I'd prefer the 16th (Monday) over the 17th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.