main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Accidents Happen - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, one-post mush

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Accidents Happen
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama, mush, humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Force, accidents, mind tricks
    Summary: The healing power of the Force has a strong influence.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

Sometimes things don't go as expected.

Sometimes the stormy atmosphere is unfriendly to normal transport traffic. Sometimes the supplies and maintenance on a transport aren't always up to standard. And sometimes the wife and co-owner of the transport confronts her cheating husband and pilot with a weapon in the middle of a routine job ferrying a pack of three Republic dignitaries, their staffs, droids and families, four different trade consortium representatives and their staffs, droids and families, plus two Jedi Knights returning from a successful but mostly ceremonial mission from a secluded and posh location back to the spaceport to leave the planet on the ships they came on.

And sometimes these things happen at the same time.

Accidents happen.

Obi-Wan Kenobi knew he did the wrong thing when this collision of accidents happened. When he felt the warning in the Force he looked around for the source of the trouble. Instead of immediately acting.

He was almost twenty standard years of age, with years of training as a Jedi apprentice, but he had made a youngling mistake that left him with barely enough time to protect his head when the transport lurched from side to side and up and then plummeting, not just falling, but sickeningly accelerating downward. The over a hundred other previously dozing passengers, mostly strapped into their seats because of the inclement weather, screamed out sounds that many of them might have not made since they were younglings themselves, if then. But Obi-Wan and his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had gotten up to inquire about the shouting coming from the forward cockpit, just before the transport alarmingly lost it's alignment with the planet's gravity.

Obi-Wan tried to roll with the impacts, up, down, sideways, but his focus bisected between his frantic need to reorient himself and his panic for survival.

His left hand brushed by a sharply rounded surface and he grasped an interior handle. The direction of acceleration changed again, stretching his body outward, but his grip firmed, the Force seeming to flow down from it through him, washing away any thoughts of what the transport might crash into in the next second.

The transport careened again and his boots and legs collided with the back of a seat and someone's shoulder. Now acting with the Force with pure intuition, he pulled his legs up and hugged the bulkhead when the direction suddenly changed again.

Under the screaming, he heard Qui-Gon's lightsaber activate, a squeal of energy on metal and the snapping hiss of the blade vanishing again. Obi-Wan reached up and grasped the handle with both hands, his head protected now between his upraised arms and the heavy folds of his robe.

The up-direction of the transport changed again, this time with the deck under it. Obi-Wan anchored himself to the handle on the outer bulkhead just before the sound of the transport crash slammed into him.

Impact.

He bounced up and then slammed down to the deck. Up, down, up down, up down. Each impact less than the last, passing through his body and the Force with no more damage than what was already done. The frame of the transport strained with a loud, hard-edged groan. Obi-Wan finally felt himself being pushed forward as they came to a stop.

Somebody was crying.

Obi-Wan uncurled his body and rolled on his side.

Pain shot through his right shoulder and

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very enjoyable read with as always nice OC's and their names;)

They draw you right in the story.

Great Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon characterisation.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

"It is time to go," Qui-Gon told him as he stood and offered a hand to help him up. He accepted but glared up at the older man who raised his brows back at him.

"I did nothing, my young Padawan. I gave my attentions only to the youngling."

Obi-Wan's ire deflated as he sadly nodded to his Master. It was true. Too distracted by his own injuries, he had confused them with the girl's and then when Qui-Gon influenced her. . . . it was fairly predictable accident. No, a youngling mistake.

"You over-did it," Obi-Wan muttered grumpily.

[face_laugh] So our Obi-Wan was a bit weak-minded at that moment, huh? Loved how you worked in the "overdid it" line. =D=

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I really don't know how you write so many warm, clever, unique and thoughtful pieces. I'm just glad you do, because it makes for fantastic reading. [face_love] I love how you described the opening chaos, as well as Obi-Wan's pain and the way his consciousness blurs out as Qui-Gon helps the little girl. Very cute that Obi-Wan realizes he was influenced by Qui-Gon---although I'm not too sure Qui-Gon didn't focus just a little of that energy on his Padawan. ;) Thank you for sharing a wonderful story.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderfully done, yet again! :D =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I enjoyed that a whole whole lot. :D Nice and cozy. :D

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    lovely mush, with a hint of delightful ambiguity!

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan, Valairy_Scot, LuvEwan, VaderLVR64, Jade_eyes, ratna

Thank-you! Aaaaaah, Qui-Gon over-does it -- and Obi-Wan was accidentally in the line-of-fire. Another opportunity for vulnerability and mush. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.