main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ADVENTURE CON 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Bowling Green, KY' started by NewGuy917, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    As quoted by MRFREEZE:

This is a convention you might guys & gals might be interested in attending.

Adventure Con
    May 31-June 1, 2003
    Knoxville Expo Center, Knoxville, TN.

Consisting of 400 tables of toys, comics, cards, TV/movie memorabilia & more Adventure Con is one of the largest toy shows & Celebrity events in the Southeast. Celebrity guests scheduled to appear include;

Warwick Davis (Wicket from ROTJ, Willow Ufgood from Willow, Wald from Episode I, Leprechaun from Leprechaun I-VI & Professor Flitwick from both of the Harry Potter movies.)

Ben Chapman (the Gill-Man from ?Creature from the Black Lagoon?)

Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers from both the ?Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? movie & TV series)

James Macarthur (Danno from Hawaii 5-0, also appeared in Swiss Family Robinson & more)

Felix Silla (Twiki from the ?Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? movie & TV series, Cousin Itt from the Addam?s Family TV series, Lucifer from BattleStar Galactica, Hang glider Ewok from ROTJ.)

Linda Harrison (Nova from the original Planet of the Apes)

Erin Gray (Wilma Deering from ?Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? movie & TV series)

More guests are supposed to be announced around the first of the year. The show is also going to have a full size replica of the 1966 Batcar on display (I think you can get your picture taken acting like you are driving). To top this off the admission price is only $5! If you want more info on the show go to: http://toyshow.org

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As I stated in another fourm, this looks like a great little event that could be a great road trip. How far is Knoxville from you guys?

~H~

3. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    According to mapquest.com it is about 3 hours, 58 minutes so it will make for one heck of a road trip!!!

4. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    mapquest is wrong,

i live in gallatin,tn .it takes me 45minutes or less to get to bowling green.
    i take 109 south to I40 east.
    it takes me about 25 minutes to get down there.

from there to knoxville takes me 2hours and 10 minutes driving 65-70.then the con is located at a convention center about 10 minutes north of town.

so 45 minutes down to gallatin
    25 minutes down to I40
    130 minutes over to knoxville
    10 minutes over to con

thats about 3.5 hours total and its not that bad a drive.

I went last year and its pretty good.they have lots of tables and stuff to buy.then they have all the actors if you like that stuff.
    I was the only 501st member there in costume last year.i walked around for a little while and got lots of pics taken.this year we will have a table and probably nearly a dozen troopers!we should have vader,troopers,royal guard,mara jade,snowtroopers,possibly jango fett.lots of fun.and we should really add alot to the con this year.

if you guys need any info on that con be sure to check out the site and email me if you need anything.
    www.toyshow.org

cya there

skip curley
    501st southern outpost xo/gml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.