main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This thread is started on the following premise:

• Ahsoka Tano is almost certain to appear as a character at some point during the run of Star Wars: Rebels.
    • She is likely to appear as a live, active character - not a rotting corpse found in a ditch, not a death report etc.
    IOW... you're probably getting AT in Rebels, whether you want her or not. Whether you love her, like her, are indifferent, dislike or despise her. You're probably going to be faced with her anyway if you watch Rebels.

Now... bearing that in mind...

IfWhen she turns up... what kind of character, personality wise, would you like her to be? There's a poll, but as with all polls asking opinions like this, the options are approximations. Choose the one that most approximates how you would prefer to see her show up.

• Would you prefer her to be the snippy type snips of early TCW, prior to the S3 timeskip? Petulant, brash, arrogant, impulsive, and to an extent feeding off some of Anakin's worser (is that a word?) attributes as well as his better ones?
    • Would you like her to be like TCW Ahsoka after the S3 timeskip - insightful, much more reserved, somewhat mature beyond her years. Able to take on a teacher role at times, rather than just that of a fulltime student as before. As Ashley Eckstein put it, pulling all the good from Anakin, (but apparently blind to his growing darkness).
    • Would you prefer her to be radically grimdarkened, but still on the side of good, more or less? To give you an idea of what I'm thinking of with this option... if you've seen the Terminator series (I imagine most will have) consider the change in personality and general outlook on life of Sarah Connor, between the early parts of T1 where's she's a happy-go-lucky young woman ("Guard it for me big buns!") to T2 where she's a grimdarkened, fatalistic, take-no-prisoners warrior but still a good person at heart. She certainly has internalized the idea of "Doing what must be done" (as seen with her decision to assassinate Dyson) which of course is what Anakin was told to do (and did) in SW, and he was just gone Dark Side at that point, but being Dark Side isn't totally nescesary for that IMHO... I think a Jedi in SW could arrive at that place and still not actually be on the Dark Side. The darker side of light, but not the dark.
    • Would you rather she actually be a gone-over Darksider, following and freely using the Dark Side of the Force, but not aligned with the Sith? There are various sects and organizations out there like that... the Nightsisters are a notable example who have appeared in TCW and the EU. Or she could just be a lone, wandering, totally unaligned Dark Jedi, like Aurra Sing.
    • Aaah, the darkest of all.. would you prefer her to be Dark Side and Sith aligned (and Empire aligned, which kinda goes with the job description in this time period)? Perhaps another secret apprentice of Darth Vader... perhaps an inquisitor, or an Imperial Dark Side Adept.
    That's just a little exposition on the poll options which obviously have to be kept shorter and more concise. But as said, pick the one that most approximates your opinion, or if none of them are close then by all means don't bother, and post about it if you like.

Anyway, have at it!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You left out "dead" and "punked by Ventress" as options.

I voted "dark," but if it's going to happen, I want her to be unable to go dark enough to run with the real Dark Siders, who figure out pretty quickly that she's a wannabe and dispose of her immediately.

David Grey and Jo B1 Kenobi like this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ahsoka and Ventress should be tag team partners. For real. They need their own special move.

Tan-Wessel, V-2, Darkslayer and 6 others like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd love to see that if I weren't concerned about how Filoni would run it.

5. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    After several years as GFFA Tag Team champions Ventress would betray Ahsoka to focus on her solo career, only to be outdone by Ahsoka.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Filoni would certainly have Ahsoka outdo Ventress.

Which is sad, because I've liked the tag-team idea since To Catch a Jedi aired, then I wasn't as smart as some of you and I watched The Wrong Jedi and realized exactly how many good characters the writing team was willing to metaphorically sacrifice in order to make Ahsoka look better.

7. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Ha, I'm going to be in Rebels afterall.

[​IMG]

8. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Hmmm... Actually, I want to see her a bit older and grim, maybe dark side. Then get killed by Vader.

9. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I would like to she her as grim and sad. Fighting with herself over self blame for leaving the order in their time of need. I also think she still has much to contribute to the story line. I would love to see her meet up with obi-wan and maybe be paired up with Faris Olin.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've said this before, but I want to see Ahsoka Tano appear in Rebels for just one arc - a season ender - where in the first episode of the tale, she learns the true identity of Darth Vader, and is shown struggling with this knowledge, and deciding on the right course of action.

The next phase of the story would depict Tano enlisting a force of men and women who are willing to do what it takes to get to Vader. Though Ahsoka may have to mislead the rebels into believing this is a capture mission, perhaps even a kill mission, in order to get the troops on board, she secretly intends to use the opportunity to reach the good part of Vader that is (was) Anakin. The obvious route would be to secure the crew of the Ghost for passage to Coruscant (or whichever system Vader has been tracked to).

The culmination of the arc would be the big pay-off. This is where we finally see Ahsoka confront Vader, face-to-face, in a last-ditch attempt at reaching her former Master. When this attempt fails utterly (as it must - there should be no good in Vader able to be reached at this point in his life), we witness the two old partners clash in a lightsaber duel with obvious thematic similarities to the throne room duel between Luke and his father aboard the second Death Star.

When, in the end, Ahsoka Tano is cut down, what are we left with? A poignant scene which gives Tano the hero's death I feel she has earned, along with a confrontation which demonstrates clearly, for all to see, that Darth Vader is fully capable of destroying even those he loved most in life as Anakin. Maybe we then see Sidious surprise Vader by stepping out from behind the shadows, pleased as punch, and softly spouting "Good... good."

Roll credits and end-title theme.

I've never been a fanfic writer (and a more capable writer would be able to really make it come to life), but I think the idea is fairly sound, and not without some merit. I know I'd love to see it (and, if handled right - yes, I'd probably shed a tear for AT).

11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I want to see Ahsoka working at a sleazy strip club.

"Did you know that I was the Chosen One's apprentice?"

"Who cares, you gonna give me a lap dance or what?"

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Jeice and Burter style team up?
    [​IMG]

TaradosGon and Heero_Yuy like this.
  13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I think we've derailed this thread. Sorry, Valk.

This place is kinda dead, though.

14. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    More so Goku and Vegeta. Imagine Ahsoka and Ventress doing the fusion dance!

Ventano? Ahsokajj?

AshiusX likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    "Tag-team"? With its own "special move"? "Fusion dance"?

[face_whistling]

16. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Meh, I'd rather she wasn't. As much as I like her character, her story and purpose in the SW universe has finished.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In an effort to find my old posts about Ahsoka and Ventress tag-teaming, I pulled up the old To Catch a Jedi discussion thread, which was fruitless...a lot of ****-throwing, no Thelma and Louise/Ahsoka and Ventress posts for several pages, and I feel too lousy right now to put forth the effort to dig through anymore, so here goes a recap attempt:

If Ahsoka became a bounty hunter/mercenary type after she left the Temple, I could see her meeting up with Ventress and their working together on jobs, as long as they both found the arrangement personally beneficial, especially if working together were more beneficial--financially and otherwise--than working alone.

This would involve Ahsoka going "grim dark". At the end of The Wrong Jedi she was sad and dejected; she would need to channel some of that into anger for it to work. She would need to take the attitude of "**** the Jedi, **** the Republic, they ****ed me over and from now on, I only look after me." She would need to have Han Solo's attitude of only taking orders from one person.

It could be pretty awesome and would definitely endear me to Ahsoka again. But, would Filoni do it, and would her season 3-5 fan base be upset? I don't know.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I can tell you that my brother would not be disappointed if she had a devil-may-care, take orders only from me attitude, anakinfansince1983, and he's the biggest Ahsoka fan in the whole karking world. In his words, he likes her "sassiness." He liked her even without her attitude in Seasons 3-5, but secretly I think he preferred her Seasons 1-3. Me, as a personal preference, I prefer her Season 3-5, though I do realize that she was taken a bit to the extreme about Season 4 and on, but I still liked her more mature attitude. I wouldn't be opposed, however, to seeing her as grim dark.

19. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I think if she does show up she should be in line with what she was like post-timeskip. She wasn't with the Jedi when order 66 was given, and the only Jedi I think she would really have cared that much about were Anakin and Plo, maybe Obi-wan and Sinube. I'd like to think she would actually believe the Jedi where staging a coup going from her own experiences. It's been 14 years, if she thought there was any foul play on the Empire's part she would have acted sooner than now. If she is in the show and she does end up taking up arms against the empire it should be because of something that happened shortly before or during the time of the show.

I also wouldn't want her to be a bounty hunter or smuggler. It would be cool, don't get me wrong but it seems everybody who fails their first choice career ends up doing that. She could be something else, freighter pilot, local police, waitress, bodyguard etc Doesn't have to be something glamorous, could be something mundane but something different from the usual bounty hunter/smuggler thing. Want to make her an erotic dancer like Heero_Yuy said, go for it. Don't think that would work for Disney XD but at least it's different.

I'll go out on a limb here and say most people who will watch Rebels will have seen TCW, but even so it wouldn't be a good thing to just assume the new audience knows who Ahsoka is, her relationship with Anakin or even who Anakin is supposed to be. Be kinda a BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT for her to show up and be pivotal for a single arc, kill her off and then never mention her again. It'd raise more questions than it answered.

If Ahsoka does show up in Rebels, I think they'll either do it in one of two ways;
    • She'll either be a supporting character with a size of role similar to the size of role Ventress had in TCW. Not a main character by any means, but at least people know who the hell she is before anything important happens to her
    • Or she'll have a brief cameo like Delta Squad or Cin Drallig had in TCW, where people who know who she is will get the reference and people who don't will just think she's a cool looking background Alien.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I hear what you're saying, and I think that, generally speaking, concerns like this are valid. But in this particular case, I feel they'd likely be misplaced.

As you say, it's not a stretch to suggest that most in the audience who will be interested in tuning in to Rebels will be familiar enough with Star Wars lore in general, and TCW, specifically, to recognize Tano, or at least know that Anakin had an apprentice during the Clone Wars. I don't think that's much of a "limb" you've ventured on there.

And even coming in cold, surely a few lines of expository dialog in the first episode of my imaginary arc, centered around Tano's discovery of Darth Vader's true identity, and why it matters to her, would do the trick?

Truth be told, I'd sooner Tano not show up at all in Rebels, at all. I'd certainly not look to give her a recurring role the size of Ventress in TCW, and as for any brief, one-off background cameo, what would be the point? Fans who don't want to see her would roll their eyes at the fan service, and those who do want more of AT would gripe about relegating her to wallpaper and crying out for better treatment.

This is why, if she must be there, I'd opt for a single, spotlight appearance. One and done.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Trebor Sabreon

How would you feel if she removed some more of Vader during the duel in your imaginary arc?

Somebody has to do it at some point. The injuries he sustained on Mustafar are not consistent with his injuries by the time of RoTJ, as per Curtiss Saxton's dissection of the scene in which Palpatine's lightning reveals some of his internal structure. For example, he lost his left arm to the elbow on Mustafar, but in RoTJ the arm appears to be artificial right up to the shoulder.

If it turned out that the ferocious final duel with his old apprentice Ahsoka was were he picked up that damage - even though he won in the end - would that be good or bad IYO?

Or to look at it another way... Should the Tano-Vader duel be an intense, prolonged, very matched fight like the Mustafar duel with Obi-Wan, where the ultimate victor is down as much to the fortunes of battle as anything? Or should it be a one-sided curb job where Vader just toys with his opponent a bit and is clearly never in any real danger, like the ESB duel?

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Fixed.

Not meant as an attack, btw., more of an observation how this character is usually written.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Personally? I'd envision a duel that is somewhat protracted. Not as long and drawn-out as Mustafar, but not something as short as Dooku's handling of Obi-Wan in AOTC, either.

Being his apprentice, having learned much from Anakin, in the same manner as Skywalker learned from Kenobi, I'd expect Ahsoka could realistically be expected to hold her own for awhile.

I think that I'd like to see Tano score any number of hits on Vader. As you say, more damage can still be inflicted on Vader's path to the more machine than man being glimpsed in ROTJ.

Just as I see Ahsoka doing her best to shake Anakin free of Vader, I'd imagine the Sith would make an appeal of his own to Tano. Keeping in mind Star Wars' habit of "rhyming," I even envision this temptation taking place in a precariously high position, in a reflection of Vader's offer to his son on Cloud City.

When it's clear Ahsoka has no interest in joining Vader, maybe we'd see something like "Anakin" admitting that he's struggling with his identity and asking for Tano's help, and when a trusting Ahsoka approaches, Vader ignites his saber and runs Tano through?

I don't know. Maybe that's too cheesy. Too predictable. I'm a songwriter, not a screenwriter. But in the hands of a professional, I'd expect something better - a bit more subtle, perhaps - could be realized.

It's absolutely cliché. And it's also entirely in keeping with what I expect of Rebels' handling of Sidious. ;)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Unfortunately. But you can hardly blame them. They would just follow the example set by ROTS.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I have mixed feelings, actually. I want to see her, but how much I am not sure. It would still be nice to see Vader vs. Ahsoka, and then Ahsoka dying.