main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Allow myself to introduce...myslef...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bryan2306, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan2306

Bryan2306 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Hi all...my name is Bryan (obviously) and I recently stumbled into this board after lurking for a while over on the PSA board. Actually, Aunt Jar Jar Mima pointed me over here under my older name (The_Sleeper).

I seem to have came across this board at the right time, as I am moving from Stockton to Sac in a few months, and in the past 3 months have been attending American River College, and familiarizing myself with the Sac area. The timing also seems right, as I'm going to need some people to see Episode 2 with when it comes out finally. My girlfriend will only go with me once, and I will need to see this movie several times.

Im not too sure if I qualify to actually be in the Fan Force, as I am somewhat of a casual fan. I dont dress up, I don't collect stuff, etc. I also have to devote alot of time to my schoolwork, so making the meetings or what have you might not always work out.

Aside from this, I think the organization is very cool, and fits me, as alot of my friends have moved away, and I will soon be moving to a new city where I know no one. I hope that at some point, I can join one of your groups at a screening in May, if allowed.

So thats it...I think. I just wanted to get my name out here in case you see sporatic postings from me in the future.

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Well hello, Bryan! :D Welcome to the Sacramento Fan Force and the city of Sacramento. I'm glad you're here.

Don't worry, I think you fit right in here. I've never costumed or collected anything Star Wars either. I like the movies though and their fans a lot though.

Hopefully you can make dinner on April 6th to meet a few of us. We're a brand-new group with little plans, direction or motiviation. We're kind of just doing whatever anyone wants to do.

Keep posting and checking in here. Hopefully we'll get to meet you in person soon too.

:D

3. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    nice to meet-cha. i'm sort of a "casual fan" myself. i haven't done much star wars related things in a while, but i used to collect the legos and stuff when i was smaller. actually, i think i still have them. i'd be glad to volunteer going to see AotC multiple times with you (especially if the lightsaber fights are as cool as they look in the trailer!).

4. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I am somewhat of a casual fan. I dont dress up, I don't collect stuff, etc. I also have to devote alot of time to my schoolwork, so making the meetings or what have you might not always work out.
    That pretty much describes me, though I do have a couple of movie posters from the SE release a few years ago, and a couple collectible plates. No costumes, though.

5. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    "i haven't done much star wars related things in a while"

Are you forgetting about meeting internet Star Wars fans? ;)

Same here basically, and I can assure you that we do not eat people. We might be a little scary, but we aren't too weird. :)

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, I am considered the Star Wars freak uhhhh geek of the group. ;)

Right bright sith? [face_laugh]

And yes, Auntie, I relize what time it is. ;)

7. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Yes, Vader, you are definitly the weirdo in our group. I mean, making lightsabers? Whoa. :D

Sorry man, one up on you when it comes to time. ;)

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thank you bright.....I think?

and nope, one up on you bro.....but alas I am going to bed to pass out!

9. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Sorry, man. :D

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    No prob bro. ;)

Night!!! You win!!

11. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    MUUWHWWHAHAHWHAHAHWHHHAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

12. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    *Relax's Whew... thought I was the freak of the group.

13. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I am a big Star Wars fan! But like all things there must be balance, and my wife makes sure of that. I have two costumes; one is of a character for a fan film I?m working on. I was once what you might have called a ?hard core fan?, but when an Architect from S.F. offered me 20k for my entire collection, hay what could I say. I took the money and ran, betraying all that I grew up with. There is more to life than Star Wars, right? :)

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    20K, eh?

I passed 20K about 18 months ago, so my home owners insurance says. Its insured for 25K now. Its my retirement plan. ;)

LDV...the nutiest Sith Lord there is!!

15. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow my collection is worth maybe...a buck fifty....ok maybe more than that but only in the hundreds, maybe a thousand at most I'm sure.

(Mostly action figures and stuff like that)

I have one costume (un-finished/in progress) and one for my son too. I'm designing another but I don't think it will be done in time for Ep 2.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey Sacul....ever heard of the movie called, Tripping the Rift? heh heh heh

I was cleaning up my hard drive, and found it. LOL

"Never underestimate the powers of a Dark Clown!!!"

17. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I've got that one...but thought I should leave it off our little disc...wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I love that one...and the voice of Dax from DS9 ohhh grrr baby.

EDIT: like my new icon..
    "Best Icon EVER"

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL yeah, I love it too.

I only have the trailer for Tripping 2. Have you seen that one?

19. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Excuse my ignorance, but what kind of film are you talking about?

20. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV?

I must say that there is a part of me that was thinking of retirement, but I just wasn?t sure what the future was going to hold. Looking back at it now I probably would not have sold out, especially sense I have nothing to show for it except memories of an exotic car that was constantly in the shop being worked on that took all my $$$

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    crutag...

It's a computer animated short movie, depicting a couple of characters loosly based on Star Wars characters. Only... its R-rated. Very R rated... And I believe sacul will agree with me about "six" having a great "package," except for the party favor toy ;) LOL

And I do know what you mean crutag...

It's been a struggle to keep the collection. Many times, I have entertained the thought of selling off a few items, but resisted the Dark Side.

I have several figures from 1977, and also have a Darth Vader mask and helmet, that is stamped 20 Century Fox... Lucas had not yet bought all the rights to Star Wars, so it is a rarity and is worth a good sum. Among other things, I do have an 8 foot tell Jar Jar Binks complete statue standing in my front room also. Too big to fit anywhere else.

22. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Howdy,

Lately I've been a very casual fan. I sorta drift in and out with my involvement in my SW matters. I guess, in a nut shell, yea I'm a geek, but only on occasion. Wait, I retract that statement. I forgot, I'm the only person in my office parading SW figures on top of my CPU. I also enjoy improving/upgrading my jedi costume and building lightsabers.

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    S-T-K!! Where ya been???

How ya doing man!?

24. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Hey LDV. I've been a busy mofo. I went to LA for a while for work. Since I got back, I've been going full-bore with remodeling. I've gotta get everything done before baby #2 (due in June). Looks like ya'll have been busy putting Sac on the SW map. I did manage to find time to vote for "Sacramento Valley Rogue Force" Congrads to Auntie.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds cool bro!

Congrats on #2!!

Due to surgery, next week, I am making sure I can have some when I get ready to have them. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.