main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN AlphaCon is Coming...Omaha, NE...May 4th-6th, 2001!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheStarKiller, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    For those of you interested in Conventions, there is a huge Sci-Fi convention coming to Omaha, Nebraska at the Civic Auditorium, May 4th-6th, 2001. They are gonna have tons of stars from Star Wars signing autographs, talking to the fans, and sharing their experiences from the films. There will be something for everyone, as they are gonna try to touch upon different areas of sci-fi/horror, making a very unique experience for all of us. I heard about this last month, and the news is beginning to spread like MAD! I just want it to be BIG!

If you have ever been to a Sci-Fi Convention, you know that they are usually small events, gathering a few stars and a bunch of dealers.

This one is gonna be different in that major studios are gonna be involved, hyping the big summer releases. VIP ticket buyers are even gonna have the opportunity to see pre-screenings of up to 3 major summer releases. I have never heard of this kind of thing happening for a sci-fi convention. But it IS happenging. They are working in conjunction with AMC Theaters and the studios to have a big event.

If you are a Star Wars fan, you owe it to yourself to CHECK THIS OUT! I have heard names like Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse. I gaurentee that you will not be disappointed. I want this to get enough attention so that they can do it every year. I'm tired of all of the big Cons only being in California and places like that. This is our chance to show that the best sci-fi fans live in the Midwest!

AlphaCon 2001, May 4th-6th...be there!!!!!

-- TheStarKiller

http://www.alphaconcentral.com is the website...GO NOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.