main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I'm currently playing through The first Episode of The Tyranny of King Washington DLC (Taking a break from trying to find and complete glitchy citizen missions in the main game for now) Originally the idea of an "Alternative Universe" DLC sounded strange and I wasn't sure how well it would work, but colour me very pleasantly suprised.

But the writers are just mean, making Connor have to witness the death of his mother not once, but twice :(

I really like the character of Connor, and this is coming from a long time Ezio fan. I dunno, sometimes he can be a really kick butt assassin, but at times he just comes across as a bit of a loveable dork :p

Quite excited for Assassins Creed 4, saw the upcoming annoucement trailer making the rounds on youtube earlier (leaked apparently) and it looks pretty awesome. The navel sections of AC:3 were really fun and well done, easily some of the highlights of the game, and if the next game utilises them then it can only be a good thing

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The main problem I had with Connor was that his intro set him up to be a passionate, determined character on a quest for vengeance. But then the game skipped ahead after Achilles agreed to train him, and we're suddenly given a Connor that neither looks nor acts like the Connor we started playing with. We're left with this bland, emotionless shell of a person who just wants people to settle on his homestead.

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

Trailer for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Point Given and Mia Mesharad like this.
  4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That guy is supposed to be Connor's...grandpa? Great-grandpa?

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Grandfather, yes. Haytham's father.

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm now done with Revelations. It was...ok. I didn't find it more compelling than Brotherhood but at least we see Ezio having a more or less happy ending. I kinda feel very sorry about Altair, though. He gave all of his life to the Creed, and lost too damn much in the process.

I guess I better find some time (and patience) and finally get around to play AC3.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Black Flag is probably not IV, probably something like Revelations or Brotherhood

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Er...dude, all the promos we've seem so far state that it's AC4, even though it is technically a prequel to AC3.

So what exactly made Connor's dad not follow or otherwise betray the Asassins. Are the reasons stated in AC3?

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It's all in his book.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Technically it should be Assassin's Creed VI, while Assassin's Creed III should be technically Assassin's Creed V. :p

11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    By the series own naming conventions, Black Flag sort of has to be Assassin's Creed IV since it features a new protagonist, even if it does seem more in the vein of Brotherhood or Revelations.

That said, that trailer's got me pretty psyched. I was a little wary about how pirates and Assassins would work together, but...yeah, the sheer cool factor of that's got me leaning firmly in the direction of excited. The decision to make the protagonist Haytham's father is an interesting one, though I hope he's not simply "Good Haytham" in Assassin robes. Now I'm just waiting to hear details on what sort of story they're looking to tell and how long it's going to be.

12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Agreed. Though, frankly, even a good copy of Haytham would still be a vast improvement over Connor. A Haytham game itself would, of course, be absolutely ideal.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Given that we're playing as Edward, I fully expect a surprise memory (either at the beginning or the end) where we play as Haytham or Connor.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I've been going over the whole thing in PMs with Uli. In summation, I like the potential of the setting in general, though I'm curious about how they'll handle the paucity of reasonably well-known historical figures and events that the series has relied on for the previous games. They've got a few pirates and that's about it.

I like the costume in isolation, but I'm not sold on it in context. It seems to fit into the setting the least of all the Assassin robes -- it just looks like Altair's medieval robes with some pistols strapped on the chest. Edward himself looks like an interesting character, though, and it's interesting that we've got our first blond ancestor. We're off the paradigm of making everybody look roughly like Desmond now.

I hope the non-naval gameplay gets enough attention, too. That underwater shot in the trailer makes me think we might get an upgrade to the swimming mechanics, which would be nice. I can see exploring some whole islands really working for the game.

16. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I wonder what made Ubisoft decide to make a prequel instead of moving forward in Connor's timeline.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Connor's story is finished.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Well, we never do see who Connor bangs in order to further the bloodline to Desmond. In previous games, however, we've seen Altair and Ezio take lovers and thereby further their bloodlines.

19. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Actually that is something that I think that was missing AC3.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Not really, Connor states that he isn't even considering settling down until this business is over. In one of the Homestead missions, and again to one of his Assassin recruits.

He's only 27 when the game ends, we don't have to see the transition.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    You know what, they should make a AC game with Altair, Ezio and Connor in the same game, and we're able to control all three

22. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    What I mean is not settling down or throwing Connor on to the alter and get married. But actual romance like Ezio and Sofia in Revelations.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I fully suspect that they planned to have Connor's story told over two games, but since he was less well received than Ezio gave up and shifted the focus to his grandfather.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Gimme!

[​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    So, the new main character for the modern part will be hired by Abstergo to examine Desmond's and his ancestors memories,

Gonna be awesome