main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always in Motion (AU) Obi-Wan, OFC, Anakin, Padme *Complete* 12-04-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joanne_jinn

joanne_jinn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    If you'll permit me a cliche, this chapter was a real roller coast on the emotional front.

I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I'm still trying to get my head round the fact that my sympathies are with Anakin! :eek:

2. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    :_| That was very emotional and very well-written. I feel soooo sorry for Anakin and Padme... and Aila! :( How will he indeed break the news to her? Gaaaah, so sad.

Alas, I must go. The derivatives are calling me back.

Great update... thanks for the PM! :D

3. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    I'm definitely not criticising the writing in any way, I think the story is fantastic. And I'm not blaming Anakin for Obi-Wan's killing of the Jedi council or the youngling, everyone is responsible for their own decisions, no matter how confused they are at the time. However, I don't think that Anakin has been a good friend or is being a good friend. He became a master not because he was a good Jedi, he lied about his marriage and accepted Obi-Wan's mistreatment with a cursory objection, accepting the dubious honor knowing that he didnt deserve it and knowing that Obi-Wan deserved it more.

If you accepted a position knowing that your friend deserved it more but wasnt offered the position because the boss was prejudiced against this friend for race, creed, or sexual preference you would be wrong to accept the job, because you are in essence condoning that behavior. The Jedi council was prejudiced against Obi-Wan not because he was a bad Jedi, they admitted he was the best and not because of anything he did, because Anakin was not only also married but also got his wife pregnant and even worse dishonest about it. They were prejudiced because of who Obi-Wan's wife was, they even admit to wanting to get rid of Alia. So Anakin condoned their prejudice and unfair behavior and used that prejudice to get what he wanted.

More importantly Anakin is now accepting the need to kill Obi-Wan after one single act without any concern with bringing him to justice or helping him or finding out what happened. Obi-Wan didn't go to Mustafar to kill Anakin, he tried to talk to him and save him, it was only after Anakin tried to kill Padme that he fought him. In my book Anakin is not a very good friend or Jedi at this point.

4. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    G__Anakin: Yes, I'm debating on being truly evil with the cliffhangers. I'm leaning away from it, it is going to be bad enough as is, but I still have time till that moment. I am the "Mistress of Cliffhangers!" :)

FitJedi: Aila's reaction is next.

Obi-Can: Ok, this is going to be long.... I feel you are being too hard on Anakin and too devoted to Obi-Wan. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Obi-Wan fan girl, just ask my fellow angels or most of the other people reading this story. However, based on your reply it seems you are applying a more of a "movie-centered" view on Obi-Wan, and a view where he is wise and this great powerful knight (i.e. A Jedi Knight in shiny clone armor [face_love]). The problem is canon Obi-Wan is not the Obi-Wan in this story. This one has been twisted by the change in events and is molded into his current form.

My interpretation of canon is not important at this point as this is an AU, I just feel the need to clarify some things because based on your reply I feel you are missing things from the story. I know this is a long story so I am going to reiterate what has happend and backup my characters.

I have to disagree with you that everyone had quit on Obi-Wan. Anakin is doing what he feels is necessary, but he does not want to. He is second guessing himself now and he'll be continuing that throughout the rest of this story. In the scheme of things I do not feel that Anakin has betrayed Obi-Wan, I think Obi-Wan has betrayed Anakin. Obi-Wan was the one that would not confide in Anakin. Several times Anakin has asked Obi-Wan what was bothering him and the older Jedi never answered him, so Anakin couldn't help his friend.

In canon it is true that Anakin's fall was inevitable because of his instability and "dark acts," but it was Obi-Wan who did that in this story. Examples include, killing the Tusken Raiders, erasing Aila's memories, killing Dooku, killing the Jedi, and his sithly motivations that are increasing as I type. He might have been rational in the steps he took towards his fall, but the point is he still fell. I'm not saying he wasn't justified, but he made the choice to let his emotions overcome him.

I do not believe ?Movie Anakin? was "fully evil," at this point in the movie. Actually I don't believe he was ever "fully evil," and I've read "Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader." My argument is watch the tears in Episode III. If he was truly evil he wouldn't cry, he would be emotionless in his attack. He is crying because he knows what he is doing is wrong, but he feels he has to go through with his dark task and it is tearing him apart inside. If Vader was "truly evil," I don't believe he could have been redeemed in "Return of the Jedi". The good man, "Anakin Skywalker," was buried deep down, he just needed his son to show him that.

So, given that logic I don't feel Obi-Wan is truly evil here either. He is upset by his actions (i.e when he wept over the body of the child he killed). He could still be saved, someone just has to reach that side. Problem is that light side is being hidden away by darkness.

As for Anakin, I have to disagree with your arguments for him not being a good friend. You say he lied about his marriage and his children. He didn't lie about it, he just conveniently didn't tell the Council about it. Also, Obi-Wan told him not to reveal that information to save his padawan the grief that Obi-Wan was getting over Aila. Anakin said on multiple times he wanted to tell the Council, but Obi-Wan always argued against that. Yes, he could have gone against Obi-Wan's wishes, but would that have helped any? We won't know, I'd have to write an AU of "Always in Motion."

Anakin also initially rejected the role of Jedi Master, but again, Obi-Wan wouldn't let him. Obi-Wan was jealous of Anakin's honor, but Obi-Wan is stubborn and was not about to let Anakin refuse it. Anakin took up the Mastership rather reluctantly and was becoming quickly disenchanted with it by the time he departed to face Grievou

5. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To Everybody: Still writing the final part, but I needed a break. [face_tired] It is safe now to release this next chapter, so I am doing so now. While you are reading I'll be finishing the story. Looks like there will be 114 chapters, and maybe an epilogue if I feel we need more closure. Rest of the chapters will need to go through another round of edits, but as soon as I've finished this story expect several updates this weekend. Just so everyone knows, once I finish this story I am going to finish my short holiday story "A Jedi For Christmas." That is going to be my mini break from this story. Then I will start the sequel to "Always in Motion," in earnest.

Chapter 110: Memories of Vader

Aila was waiting for Anakin in her sitting room, trying to figure out what information he needed from her. What information did she know? Shouldn?t he be asking Obi-Wan these type of questions?

?Aila, have you seen Obi-Wan recently?? Anakin asked, after leaping from his starfighter onto the Kenobi?s balcony. He knew this was going to be bad, so he was starting slowly with his questions, drawing out the inevitable.

?Yes...? Aila began, but Anakin interrupted her with another question.

?When was the last time you saw him?? Anakin walked over and sat on the sofa next to Aila. He was struggling to keep the emotion out of his voice as he spoke to her. He sat down because he was worried his knees would buckle with the weight of the revelation he had to tell her. He had made his decision on how he was going to approach this issue, but his mind still continued to war against him.

?Last night.? Aila answered with a shrug. She cast Anakin a sideways glance wondering where the young Jedi was going with this.

?And do you know where he is now??

?No, he said he was going on a mission. Why do you ask?? Aila was very confused why Anakin was asking her all these questions. As a Jedi Master on the Council, she was certain he would know where Obi-Wan had been sent.

?Aila, I need your help. He is in grave danger.?

Aila?s eyes widened in fear and she gave a gasp before speaking, ?What happened? Is he all right?? Her mind was bombarded with images of her husband lying dead on the ground.

?Aila?? Anakin stopped and took one of her hands in his trying to be comforting. He spoke his next statement really fast, trying to get it out before his nerve faltered. ?Obi-Wan has turned to the dark side.?

Aila jerked her hand out of Anakin?s grasp and glowered at him. ?You?re wrong. How can you even say that??

?I have seen a security hologram of him?? Anakin?s voice cracked as he continued to speak. ?...killing younglings.?

?Not Obi-Wan!? Aila shouted, mortified by Anakin?s claim. ?He couldn?t.?

?He was deceived by a lie. We all were. Look.? Anakin waved his hand at the holoscreen in the sitting room and like he did with Padmé, he changed the channel to one of the news stations. Once again Palpatine?s image filled the screen, ?The Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire!? Aila looked at the screen numbly as she continued to sit in her chair.

?Chancellor Len Itappa is actually Chancellor Palpatine. He is a Sith Lord.? Anakin explained calmly, but his expression grew concerned as he watched Aila double over in pain, holding her head as she cried out. ?Aila? Are you all right??

?Vader!? Aila screamed as all the memories Obi-Wan had hidden from her came rushing to the forefront of her mind.

?Aila, talk to me. Let me help you.? Anakin stated, reaching out to her in support, but Aila jerked away from his grasp and staggered to her feet.

?Get away from me Vader!?

?Vader? Aila, what are you talking about?? Anakin asked in confusion, rising from the sofa to follow the distressed woman.

?You are Darth Vader, the Sith apprentice!? Aila shouted hysterically, moving away back towards her bedroom to put some distance between her and Anakin.

?No, Aila.? Anakin shook his head sadly, not moving towards the skittish woman in her current s

6. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Aila is definately freaked, but how will they find Obi-Wan?

7. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, I think Anakin handled that well, considering everything... [face_worried] I really feel bad for Aila here; now she's going to go start blaming herself, when it really isn't her fault at all. :_|

Fantabuloso update, though. Can't wait to read the rest of this :D Thanks for the PM!

8. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter!!

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    can not wait for the next chapter. Mustafar here we come.

10. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    awesome update:)

Aila really freaked out but who wouldn't???

11. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Fabulous once again, I'm awaiting the next chapter anxiously

12. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    You can't blame Aila for freaking out like that! Aila has figured every out but right now she's still in shock. I think that once "everything" starts to sink in she's going to get really angry with Obi-wan for what he's done to her.

13. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    darksideyesplease: Aila "knows" where Obi-Wan is.

EquestrianJedi07: Things are going to get worse.

G__Anakin: Thanks!

Tatooine_Ghost: Yes, Mustafar is next.

Amidala66: I think Aila's reaction was more than justified.

FitJedi: This is a short wait.

HandmaidenVeme: Yes, and no. Can't say more than that.

To Everybody: Ok, posting again because I'm celebrating. [face_dancing] I just finished the last of the proofreading on "Always in Motion," so the story is done for me. :D You all on the other hand have a few more posts. Final chapter count in 1 prologue, 113 chapters, and 1 epilogue. I thought about making the epilogue chapter 114, but it worked better as an epilogue. Also, I know the sequel will have an epilogue so I wanted the two stories to match. Just a note, if you think something is missing from this story that was in ROTS, you aren't going blind. There will be a scene cut out because it is going to be incorporated into the sequel.

For those of you who received teaser 2 for the sequel, I actually did change the wording of something. It is minor and does not change the context of what you all read, so you can all still fret and worry for a while. [face_devil]

Now or those who are curious on the length, the cut version posted here is 478 pages long 221,962 words. The uncut which includes the PM chapters is 487 pages 226,839 words.

I am going to be posting the updates fairly quickly, but you all will have ample time to catch up if DRL is picking on you. I will not be posting the sequel as fast as I did the end of this story, DRL won't give me that kind of time. The only reason this was posted as fast as it was that I pushed myself to get it done before Christmas. [face_tired] It will be a few days after the end of this story when I start the sequel. The part that is written is going to have to be tweaked and rewritten in a few places. PMs are only going out to those who opened the Chapter 110 messages, so make sure you are reading the right chapter. Might post again tomorrow afternoon, depends on what is going on with DRL.

Chapter 111: Confronting the Sith

Aila collapsed to the floor in tears for about five minutes after Anakin left her. She could not believe that her husband, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, General of the Republic Army could fall to the dark side. Unfortunately, the evidence against him was insurmountable. What hurt the most was that not only had he committed crimes against the Republic and the Jedi, but he had victimized her as well. He had hidden her memories from her, to hide his actions. In essence, he had shut his own wife out as he descended into darkness.

?Why, Obi-Wan? Why?? Aila sobbed, pushing herself back up into a sitting position.

?Because he loves you.? A voice in the Force answered.

Aila?s head popped up in surprise at the sound of the voice. She did not recognize it and scanned the room looking for its source, when one could not be found she shrugged her shoulders and wiped away at the tears on her face. As she dried her face she became aware of the two thin bands of gold that resided on her left hand.

One was a simple gold ring, her wedding band. The other was her diamond engagement ring. Obi-Wan had given her that ring several Christmas?s ago. It had been her grandmother?s ring, but Obi-Wan had made it more personal by inlaying pieces of the blue Adegan crystal in his lightsaber to either side of the diamond. It had been his way to show his affection towards the woman he loved.

Aila smiled as she fingered her ring, a symbol of Obi-Wan?s love and devotion. Gazing down at the ring made Aila sniffle as she shed more tears. She realized that despite all he had done, she still loved her husband. He had hurt many people, including her, but that did not stop her from loving him. She could give no rational explanation for her feelings. All she knew was that her heart still belonged to Obi-Wan. This knowledge caused her bottom lip to trem

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Excellent. I loved it!!!

15. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    oh crap! the greatest lightsaber duel of all time will happen again, but completely opposite!!!

16. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Chapter 110:

Poor Aila, but with the memories of the movies, I was hoping that she wouldn?t go after Obi-Wan, but I?m not surprised that she will, also, I hope that Anakin won?t do the same selfish and stupid mistake that Obi-Wan did in the movies [face_praying]

Chapter 111:

I?m glad that the outcome of Anakin hiding on Aila?s ship was better then the one in the movie.

Hmm, the Chosen One vs. evil Obi-Wan, I can?t wait until I get to find out how that will turn out.

Two great chapters, and sorry that I couldn?t reply after the last chapter, I think that I was asleep :p, anyway, thanks for the pm and I?m looking forward to see how things will go.

17. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I think I know what scene you are referring to that is missing. This is coming to a fast end and I hope for a different ending. I do look forward to it - and the sequel!

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!![face_love]

You did the scene very very very well!=D=

19. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. I really can not wait for the next chapter.

20. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I hope this has a better outcome than the orginal one. :_|

21. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *wipes away a tear* It seems that no matter what is done to change things, somethings are still meant to be. All roads still lead to Mustafar. :(

I liked how you tweaked the confrontation on Mustafar. Obi-Wan's seriously delusional if he thinks Aila would agree with all that he has done. She knows that the Jedi Council are not murderers. Idiots, yes. Stuck up snobs set in their ways, yes. But murderers? Certainly not. And I loved how he removed her from the playing field so he and Anakin could speak alone. Whereas Anakin lost his temper and tried to kill his wife, Obi-Wan just puts his wife to sleep.

Still, she's not going to be pleased when she wakes up. Of course, her husband could be lava chow by the time she wakes up... [face_worried] She isn't going to fade away like Padmé, is she? Will she stick around for a little bit?

Great chapters! :)

22. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I am glad Obi-Wan didnt try to force choke alia I liked the way you handled it better! Please no suit!

23. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    And the inevitable showdown at Mustafar is still occurring [face_worried] How will it end up this time? Ack, at the same time, I can't wait to find out, and then, on the other hand, I'm dreading the outcome because I know it won't be happy :_|

Awesome update... keep 'em coming! :p Thanks for the PM!

24. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    HandmaidenVeme: And you are welcome that I cut chapter 112 the way I did. I almost ended it with Avarik's last spoken line, but I decided I'd be nice and not give the Anakin fans heart palpitations. ;)

darksideyesplease: It is an opposite fight, but it is also has been changed up in places. It actually runs a bit shorter than the movie version.

Star_Angel: Ok, now I have to backup movie Obi-Wan. Yes, he left Anakin there to die, but I've always felt that he did that because he was certain Anakin was going to die from his injuries. And it pained him so much that his "brother," had chosen a dark path. I feel that Obi-Wan did not want to kill Anakin, but Anakin had left him with few choices. Anakin did attack him and Obi-Wan had to defend himself. Actually, if you read, "Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader," Obi-Wan is in the very end and he has a nervous breakdown when he hears a news report that Vader was alive. So that justifies my argument. He didn't think Anakin could survive the severe burns. Should Obi-Wan have put Anakin out of his misery? Maybe that would have been humane, but I don't think Obi-Wan could bring himself to murdering Anakin. In the end it was better that Obi-Wan did not kill Anakin because Vader was able to redeem himself and fulfill the prophecy of the "Chosen One."

And you probably were asleep when I posted the first chapter. I posted the first one aroun 7:30 PM NY time and the second around 2:00 AM NY time. I don't recommend anyone being up then, even me. ;)

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: Technically a few scenes don't happen, but some are because events have changed, and one is a delibrate ommission because of the sequel.

G__Anakin: The end is near! Finally! :)

Tatooine_Ghost: Well, the good news is that since I have finished and I've been working on this for so long, I am more inclined to post frequently so I can type *Complete* in the subject heading. This has been a day long in coming.

Fat_Bird: No matter what happens, just keep in mind there is a sequel.

AngelQueen: Can't answer your Aila questions, you'll have to wait and see.

obsessedwithSW: I did not feel Obi-Wan was angry at Aila, so there was no justification for him to Force choke her, but that does not mean she is out of the woods yet.

EquestrianJedi07: Like I said to HandmaidenVeme, you are welcome that I did not cut this chapter at Darth Avarik's last line of dialogue. I suspect there would have been some screaming at me, even though it would have been amusing. [face_mischief]

To Everybody: Looks like most people (except those with DRL issues) have read, so I'll post the next chapter. Just so everyone is aware, we flip flop fight sequences in here like in the movie.

Chapter 112: The Battle with Darkness

Darth Avarik raised his saber before him as Anakin ran towards him. The Sith Lord cast a sidelong glance at his sleeping wife. He wanted to attack Anakin to punish his former padawan for turning against him. However, he did not want Aila caught in the middle of this fight. She could not get herself into trouble in her Force induced slumber, but Lord Avarik did not want to be battling one of his enemies close to her. So in an attempt to draw the fight away from her Avarik took a defensive posture and slowly backed up down the gangway that led back to the control room where the slain Separatist leaders lay.

Anakin followed Avarik down the gangway, not attacking, but waiting and watching his opponent?s movements. Due to his volatile outbursts, Anakin was unsure of what his Master was capable of, so he was taking the time to size up his opponent. He had cast a glance at Aila as he passed by her sleeping form. He was not sure if leaving her was the best thing, but the landing platform was deserted of any threats and protected by a shield from the lava exploding forth from the planet?s molten surface. It still felt wrong to leave her, but Anakin was left with little

25. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    really loved it. really loved it. can not wait for the next chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.