main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anakin should of been like Shane from the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GODLIKE, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    What you think?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He should have been a zombie?

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think I don't get where you're coming from...

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be the father of Rick's kid?

ILNP likes this.
  5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm glad Anakin wasn't a traitorous toolbag who left Obi-Wan unconscious to be devoured by zombies and then knocked up Obi-Wan's wife, thanks. :p

SithStarSlayer, ILNP, Seerow and 3 others like this.
  6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Who? Reference means nothing to me.

7. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    LOL I guess you have to be into WALKING DEAD to get the reference. WD SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to be brief - in the TV show version, Shane is a cop and partner to Rick(a sheriff), who is arguably the main character. When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, Rick is assumed dead (doing a LOT of condensing here) and Shane looks after Rick's wife and son, keeping them safe. He also falls for Rick's wife and the two of them become a couple (remember, they think Rick is dead). Shane becomes de facto leader of a group of survivors. Then Rick returns, very much alive. Uh oh. That's awkward. Rick's wife breaks it off with Shane and returns to Rick, and they try to not clue Rick in on their ...er...lapse? There is enormous tension. Shane and Rick clash over a number of things - for one, Shane takes a very pragmatic/cold blooded/ruthless approach to the problems of keeping the group alive, increasingly so over time. He thinks the new world requires a very cold calculus, and Rick is more idealistic. Their paths diverge more and more and more - Shane still feels friendship for Rick, but bascially liked the life he had before Rick returned, he thinks Rick's idealism will get them all killed, etc. Complications ensue.

I think what the Thread-starter means is that over the course of many episodes, we see Shane "fall" too, and you can argue (maybe) that it is a more realistic, gradual, understandable, credible fall than Anakin's. I have to give that some thought, but I think that is what he is driving at. Shane is very torn - he has impulses to do good, and impulses towards selfishness. He honestly thinks Rick is too idealistic, and naiive, and that the cost of this will be death and suffering for the group, including Rick's wife and son. On the other hand, his motives aren't unselfish, wholly, and he KNOWS that. SO I can see the similarities, in some ways, to Anakin. And WD did have a lot of time to play this out - it is a TV series after all.

But I THINK that is where this was going - comparing how one creative team handled the gradual "fall" of a basically good guy, versus how the SW team handled it.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I am cringing at the title of this thread.

I find your lack of grammar disturbing.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Apples and oranges.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If anybody is confused as to what Walking Dead is, turn on AMC right now, right in the middle of a chunk of S3 replay with new ep. at 9!

11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.