main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's attack on the Tuskens and their attack on Luke

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by hawk, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Has anyone else thought that the Tuskens could have become especially volatile as a result of Anakin's slaughter of them? This could give new meaning to the scene when the Tusken's attack Luke - they have learnt to despise outsiders.

2. Darth-Adroit

Darth-Adroit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2004
    Possibly. I see it as another of GL?s repeating themes. Anakin is kills Tuskens and Luke is nearly killed by them.

3. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Tusken Raiders had hated any other intelligent species on the planet pretty much since they arrived. Thats why they took Shimi in the first place. Thats also why they shot at podracers and the Jawas who collected the wreckage(ep1 deleted scene).

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    If Anakin had killed everyone, there would be noone left to tell the story. That is why I don't see any reason they should remember Anakin, let alone know Luke is his son. As EU says, they mostly attack on sight, no matter who is the victim.

5. Nkenobi

Nkenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Tusken Raiders were some of the earliest inhabitants of Tatooine, and they hate outsiders for taking their land... or so I read... I think...

6. GhostHand

GhostHand Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    they seemed to have no problem attacking shmi unprovoked

7. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Luke knew that they were so dangerous that he would have to wait until daybreak to go find Artoo. I don't think what Anakin did had any bearing on what Luke encoutered. The Tuskin Raiders have always been mindless beasts and that's just their nature.....

8. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    Tuskan Raiders lived on Tatooine before it was a land of sand. It was lush and fertile grounds. Then they were invaded and made into slaves. Eventually they fought back, and the slavers destroyed their paradise, leaving Tatooine a wastland of deserts. The history was passed down verbally through the tribes and only the tribes story teller can tell you of this history, less it be explained wrong (so now I have Tuskan Raiders after me). But do to the destruction of their paradise by invading outsiders, the Tuskan Raiders hate and distrust all who are not of their race.

9. Matt-trooper

Feb 19, 2005
    Isn't that the explanation from KOTOR?

10. KennyT

Mar 25, 2005
    Why...yes it is.

11. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Anakins attack on the tuskens was just the destruction of that tribe, being a tribal people theres no real reason to link Anakins attack to why luke was nearly killed.

They are scavangers, animals, owning the desert and treating anyone who violates it as prey.

12. KennyT

Mar 25, 2005
    They are not "animals" as you put it. it is clear to see in AOTC before Anakin kills them all, that they have a little society built. You see mothers caring for children, and guards setup to protect the rest. it is true that they hate outsiders and would kill them as well as look at them, but they do it to take care of what they have. And because their history tells them of the evil and destruction that comes of outsiders.

You do raise a good point though, if Anakin killed them all, as he tells Padme, then there were no survivors to tell the tale of the Jedi who slayed them.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Until I learned the Tuskens were scared off by Obi's immitation of a krayt dragon call, I thought it was possible the sight of someone in Jedi robes scared them off. My thinking was after Anakin slaughters that tribe, a superstition or something sprung among the other tribes revolving around "a lone man dressed a certain way" or something like that--and that the noise we hear is a Tusken warning call.

14. Matt-trooper

Feb 19, 2005
    "You do raise a good point though, if Anakin killed them all, as he tells Padme, then there were no survivors to tell the tale of the Jedi who slayed them."

There could've been other tribes in that area who found the massacred tribe.

15. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    They wouldn't have known it was a jedi who had done it. And at any rate, Luke wasn't a jedi in ANH so they wouldn't have linked him to it.

OR linked obi wan in robes to anakin in robes.... etc...

16. Matt-trooper

Feb 19, 2005
    Sandpeople probably don't even know what a Jedi is.
    They probably don't even know that much about the peoples on tatooine,let alone jedi from the galactic core.

By the time of ANH,I imagine that the sandpeople and jawas saw Ben Kenoi as an old wizard.

17. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    They wouldn't have known it was a jedi who had done it.

They may have known by the saber wounds. Who knows though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.