main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ancient Races: Celestials, Rakata, and Co

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cronal, May 19, 2011.

1. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Its not outright said who made the Tho Yor. Only that the Kwa occupied Tython so it implies they made the Tho Yor but nothing is revealed yet. Personally, I think they are Celestial constructs.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Was the "Over-Predor" also called the "Daritha"? Seeing a Daritha would be wonderful.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Personally I felt from the book that they smacked more of Gree origin, bathing pools seem more up their alley than the Celestial formats for buildings.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we have any idea of how many of the galaxies species have been genetically manipulated/modified/created by the Ancient?

6. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Funny that you ask, because I was just about to post the question of whether or not the Celestials created other species.

Something else that I'm wondering is if the Celestials are god-like beings or beings that advanced over time.

7. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    yet another question: Did the Celestials influence the creation of the Jedi and/or Sith?

8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I like this explanation for why the GFFA is so filled with sentient species that are similar to each other (breathe oxygen, similar body plan).

Starkeiller, Zorrixor and purplerain like this.
  9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Is it possible that Yoda is a Celestial?

10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Is it possible that the Ones were responsible for the 5000 year long Jedi-Sith cycle?

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why do you think that is possible? And why would they do that?

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Because the Jedi-Sith cycle went out-of-whack upon their deaths.
    Son makes the Sith rise, Daughter makes them fall.

14. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    By the ancient races or do you mean by the Celestials/Architects? I don't think anything has been said for certain. We know the Rakata did some genetic manipulation when the Mother Machine tried to find a way of recreating her master's Force connection where the Codex says several races were created as a result. The FFG material says the Celestials/Architects may have transplanted Humans to Corellia and we know that the Drall recorded their first encounter with the Celestials on their world. But nothing of genetic manipulation or modification. Just an encounter.

15. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I noticed that the codex for Korriban says that Korriban has canyons and dry rivers. Does this mean that there used to be water on Korriban?

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It is shown as cold in TotJ so maybe it is in an ice-age every time the rest of the galaxy has trouble with sith?

17. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I thought that was Ziost that was cold.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I looked in my GAotS and you are right, I was confusing Korriban and Ziost. But that don't mean that my suggestion don't have merit, most of the water could be at the poles as ice

purplerain likes this.
  19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    When DOTJ began, I remember saying that I thought it would have been cool to have seen a Korriban before the Sith species were corrupted, rich with flora and fauna, with the idea being that by the time of TOTJ, it had been bled dry of all life, corrupted by the dark side after the Rakata visited Adas and their dark teachings twisted the Sith ways...

Alas, with Lucas having taken it on himself to rechristen it Moraband, I expect we're now meant to assume it's just the mystical dark side parallel of wherever the heck Yoda visited. Not that I dislike mysticism and that sorta thing in Star Wars... I just always wanted to see a Pre-Rakatan civilisation where the Sith were savage and into dark voodoo and stuff, but hadn't plunged into the deep end yet.

purplerain likes this.
  20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I disagree. Everything we're told and shown about Moraband is attributed to the actions of the Sith. We're never told anything about what it was like before the Sith existed/showed up.

I'm beginning to wonder if Episode IX will end with Moraband and Tatooine being restored to their natural state.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I once speculated that Abeloth created or corrupted the Sith species and transformed Korriban into the desolate, corrupted place that it is when she escaped.

Maybe Abeloth destroyed the planet that Endor orbited. ;)

22. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    darklordoftech If I didn't hold Abeloth on par with Vitiate as two powerful dark forces that I try and attribute as little as possible to, I'd love that hypothesis. ;)

I always think the Big Bad who starts the ideological lineage of what we know as the Sith should either be the pre-Republic Sith species, or the Dark Jedi Exiles. After the Second Great Schism messed things up, I prefer to attribute more to the ancient Sith species, although, now there's room for two ideological lineages, with the modern Sith being descendants of an entirely new kind of Sith in the Jedi dissident and dark side god Darth Ruin (a more worthy heresiarch than Ajunta Pall, who comes across as a whiny fool whose heart never truly belonged to the dark side).

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm wondering if Xendor's beliefs might have survived his death and contributed to the ideas of what would become the Exiles?

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If your theories are true. Darth_Dreadwar, the Sith species would have encountered the Gree, the Kwa, the Sharu, etc. It's interesting that the Sharu, like the Sith, used pyramids.
    I wonder what the new canon will do with these two. A series retcons made Ajunta Pall, who was supposed to be among the Jedi Exiles, into the leader of the Jedi Exiles.
    I've wondered about that too. It's interesting that we've never been told who started the Second Great Schism. Was the Second Great Schism the birth of a new sect or the growth of an existing one?

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  25. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Indeed. It's the best I'm trying to make out of a whole series of retcons which have done great disservice to the ancient Sith history, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, TORhas established Ajunta Pall as the first dissident Exile who started the Second Great Schism. I suppose at least it's evidence that the Exiles had conquered aging, since Pall looks to be in his early 40s at most by the time he should be well over a century old.

However, if we accept a dubiously canon source, the Sith Lord Ku'ar Danar may have been secretly orchestrating that schism.