main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Announcing the Fan Film: Spirits of the Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Webb, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Webb, being the creative genius that he is, always has loads of new ideas in the realm of special effects! I think you can always expect to see great things from him in the fan film world.

The Spirits of the Force team is in the process of finishing up the scripts for parts II and III right now. It's still gonna' be a while, though.

The next step is to have a meeting with Webb, go over the scripts and discuss the possibilities. We were blessed to have Webb on this first film and the work he did on the LOOKING FOR STAR WARS documentary. His talent inspires us as we're writing to not hold anything back.

Thanks for checking out the trailer! And like Webb said earlier, we will be showing the film at Atomic Comics on March 13th (at the PFF meeting). And if the Force is on our side, we'll have the film on TFN as early as March 1st!

2. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Sorry, I noticed something Harpm1 asked earlier and forgot to answer... We didn't use any green-screen on the film. All of the locations were real environments we found before shooting. There was one effect in the film that was necessary to use a blue-screen element, but you'll see what that is when you see the film... or won't see if we did as good a job as I think we did ;)

PS. We are still waiting to hear from TFN, but the plan is still a March 1st release date.

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    This weekend (Sunday 2-15-04), we shot some last minute additional footage for the film.

UPDATE: So far, no word from TFN Fan Films. So keep your fingers crossed!

The release date online is still scheduled for 3-1-04. We will have the big premier of the film at the March 13th meeting at Atomic Comics. We won't be taking DVD orders just yet. We want to make SPIRITS' DVD even more interactive than Looking For Star Wars was (Cast and crew interviews, bloopers, special effect documentaries and more!).
    I'm really getting excited about this! I hope you are to!

-LP

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the trailer at PHXFF.net under PFF movie theatre. Even with dial-up, it's a pretty fast download! :D

4. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Sits and waits....

5. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Sits behind Sistine. Begins the camp-out for Spirits of the Force.

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Just wait, Ronin will find a way to become first in line. ;)

7. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I think he is already in line.

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    (shakes head) what have I started...? ;)

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **lines up, consults sideshow and begins coordinating and supervising**

Just so you know, I have to go home at night, but I'll be here in the mornings. ;)

10. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    *sets up her own chair*

11. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    When Parsec is an ultra famous hollywood movie director with few Oscars under his belt, I will be able to say, "Dude, I have two of his EARLY works."

If you start taking orders while I'm still in England, i want a copy!

12. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey when you become big and famous you better not forget the greedo!!!!!!

13. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    A line up! Damn my existence in Tucson! :_|

14. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    "LOOK A SLAVE LEIA!!".. points and as everyone looks..runs to the front of the line...

15. Darth_Rinku

Darth_Rinku Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2003
    Well I'm back. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on the forum, but I'll change that soon.

Anywho, back on subject, I still can't wait to see the finished movie on the 13th of March.
    *waits in line like the rest of the group*
    Hey, don't I get to go up front since I was in the darn thing? Oh well...
    *Happily waits in line*

I also have to say that Skyward is my older brother, if no one knows who he was talking about. It was very wierd seeing him post here. I told him about this group/movie/forum a while ago, but I guess he finally posted here, well about a month ago. I'll see if he's gonna go to the meeting, he goes to AC a lot to pick up "his comics", so he might be there too.

I can't wait for this, I just can't wait........ *runs around in circles, waiting*
    DVDs, how much are they going to be this time around? I must know so I can get the money ready for a couple copies or so...

Oh yeah, did someone get married? Congrats to them. I've been gone, give me a break, please.

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, there hasn't been a lot of talk about the price of the DVD. Since We are doing this Fan film "not for profit", it's likely to be the same cost as Looking for Star Wars...something like 3.50 or 4.00 (The cost of the DVD-R and the print material to make the covers). I can't wait 'till the 13th myself! :D

17. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! The suspense is killing me!!!! I need to see it!

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Oh boy... now we have to live up to the hype! Scary!

19. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    My computer crashed and I LOST EVERYTHING!!! AAAHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

20. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
  21. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    (Slowly grabs onto a chair to lift myself up after my HEART ATTACK!!!!!)

;)

22. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry, I guess that was kinda mean. :) [face_devil]

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    No prob, Webb! I was J/K too! :D

I pulled the info from atomfilms for fan film submissions... here were the guideline... they suck. That's all I have to say. I mean how many freakin' parodies can they do? Since Lucas won't I say we keep expanding the Universe on film!

Films must be less than 15 minutes in length.
    Films must parody the existing Star Wars universe, or be a documentary of the Star Wars fan experience. No "fan fiction" -- which attempts to expand on the Star Wars universe -- will be accepted.
    Films must not make use of copyrighted Star Wars music or video, but may use action figures and the audio clips provided in the Production Kit section of this site.
    Films must not make unauthorized use of copyrighted property from any other film, song, or composition.
    Films containing nudity, excessive swearing, explicit sexual themes, and/or graphic violence may be considered ineligible for consideration as a Finalist, at the sole discretion of AtomFilms.

...whatever.

24. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I think those are the guidelines as requested by Lucasfilm. Unfortunately, for Atom Films to host anything SW related, they have to bow to the almighty LFL. Blah. No wonder they suck.

25. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah... no offense is meant towards Atoms'! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.