main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another Retaliate Question

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Psycho_Jedi, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I was just wondering something about Retaliate: How would Retaliate work for things such as Stun and Shields? Is the unit actually attacking, or would Shields not take effect since it is an ability and not an attack? Also I was wondering about Critical Hit and if it works for Retaliate as well.

Thanks!

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    As far as im concearned retaliate says roll dice of damage, and stun effects a units power, so retalliate would be uneffected by stun, however im pretty sure shields and critical hit are effected or effect retaliate.

But this is off te top of my head, im sure the rulings will be clearer.

3. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    On the official WotC site when they corrected their stance on when Retaliate could be activated, they also went into a little detail about what abilities could be used.

Here's the quote from "Retaliate Revisited", which can be accessed from WotC's Past Articles:

"Retaliate dice are just dice of damage, so they are not modified by any static abilities such as Critical Hit or Accuracy. Stun, however, is a triggered ability that just looks to see if your unit has caused any damage, so it can trigger off of Retaliate dice. This will be of limited usefulness as the unit you're Retaliating against has already attacked for the turn?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.