main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Any Anglophones in here?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DacksII, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    Notice he needed to edit that. Need I say more?

2. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    so there... What was that you were saying?

3. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    does anybody here buy this story? The guy insults me and then pretends that I'm some housemate of his! It's people like you that give SW forums a bad name. I'm surprised nobody has banned you.

4. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    No, but I am banning you. We'll start at 48hrs and work from there.

The Senate has a long reach. Should've watched your words.

5. KepowOb

KepowOb Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    Well, I sorta figured you know eachother personally, but I don't think many of the people on this board really care either way if you know eachother or not. This is a pretty pointless argument now, "Im his roomate", "no I'm not" "are so", "are not", "are so" etc...

Its not that fun to read, and probably not that fun to post, lets stick to more mature subjects :].

6. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Alright, glad that got sorted. Thanks for the defense Kepow, for what it was worth. I can't believe I didn't catch him sooner.

Well, I guess there's not much to talk about in this forum, so I guess it can sort of be a Montreal social thread for those who aren't that proficient in French. Or just too lazy to translate.

So I'm from Pointe Claire. I got into Star Wars when I was young, but at first only renting the movies. I didn't realize it was such a big fan thing until I met this guy Tops in my community. He and his brother were huge fans - original toys, models, the works, and I sort of got into from there. I didn't go after the toys as much, but loved reading up on the making of the films, especially the artwork. Then I got into the EU for a while. Now I just collect things, usually books, or lego, whenever it looks interesting.

I guess I made my mark as a "fan" when TPM came out. For a whole year at my school I was the TPM source. Relayed news, etc... posted the countdown on blackboards. Even went to regional finals for a speech I did Star Wars on. Unfortunately the finals were at a rotary club where the judges were all elderly women - I don't think they I understood my passion.

Since then I've just been chilling out, waiting for Episode II.

Any of you have any good Star Wars stories? Anything, let's make this thead interesting.

7. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, a Montreal and Quebec forum and no Habs thread?

For those of you who haven't noticed, the Habs are in the playoffs for the first time in 3(?) years. Their facing "number 1" Boston. They've already won the first game.

Stupid Boston should realize that thug tactics don't work against teams who aren't afraid of you. They should also learn to show a little respect for Koivu. I didn't expect him to be cut slack, but they went out of their way to mess him up (see: knocking him into bench and giving him a facejob).

So, with that said...

GO HABS GO

8. KepowOb

Nov 4, 2001
    What they did to Koivu is almost expected in the NHL today for high class players come the playoffs, especially with teams like Boston.

I thought we played a really good game though, out checking them and forchecking better than them dispite the size disadvantage. I think we can beat them in six.

9. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    5-3 Montreal, take a 2-1 series lead.

Wow, what a comeback. Koivu... what can you say about the guy. Amazing. I don't know, I've never been huge on the Habs before (I'm a Penguins fan) but you can just feel something around them this year. These comebacks remind of when they won all those overtime games back in... *gasp* ... 93!

Gilmour was the best pick-up they've had in years. Changed the whole team around. And I figured he was over the hill.

My buddy's got tickets for game 4 and I'm stuck in Kingston doing exams! Oh well.

10. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
  11. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Theodores got to get he's game on . . .

Boston, they are just Punks :mad:

12. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Montreal, 2-1 victory, 3-2 series lead!

Theodore was outstanding. What makes him so great is that unlike Hasek, for example, he plays outstanding without looking outstanding... he doesn't have to flop around, he just makes every save look casual. Must be very demoralizing for the opposition.

...but Montreal will have to play better to finish it off than they did in game five.

PS I'm coming home! Just finished exams. Goodbye Kingston, hello Montreal!

13. KepowOb

Nov 4, 2001
    Finally Theo steals a game :D.
    I do agree we need to play better, but if Theo keeps playing like this, our chances just went up A LOT. And guess what, if we make it to the next round we play Carolina, the weakest team in the playoffs (even if they beat NJ).

14. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    thats not saying much for NJ [face_mishef]

15. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    MONTREAL WINS!

JOE THORTON TAKES PENALTY LEADING TO WINNING GOAL! WHAT AN IDIOT!

I hope Toronto wins so that we can beat em in the conference final.

16. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "Ooo, ooo, I'm Canadian, English Canadian, I'm an anglophone in Québec..."

No, not really, just a fan of Bowser and Blue. Actually just found this English thread in your forum and thought I'd pop in... if you guys are actually speaking my language some of the time I'll have to drop by every once in a while. So, hello from Toronto *waves to the 3 or 4 people in the group he's actually met* ... maybe during the next school year I'll make it up to Montréal to meet some more of you... since during those 8 months I'm in Ottawa, making it a far shorter drive.

Very Rough Grande Poobah French Translation(tm):
    Bonjour Montréal!

(Edit, for the time being, Go Habs! -- Not sure what team I'll cheer for once they're facing Toronto)

17. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Welcome to Montreal! :D

Ok, so the Canadians are leading the series 2-1 from what I understand.

What are the results for the Senators-Leafs series?

I want a canadian team in the finals!!! I'd prefer the Montreal's canadians (of course!) but would settle for another team if the worse should happen and they are eliminated (which will not happen!).

And probably a very silly question but it's been bugging me for some time...
    'Go Habs go': Where does Habs come from or what does it mean(guess it's the Canadians but is it an abbreviation or what)? [face_blush]

18. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    "Habitants"

I guess it means "home team". That's what the little H in the C stands for too.

I'm hoping for a Habs-Leafs conference final. Why? Because the leafs would be easier to beat and the intensity would make for an unbelievable series.

19. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Ok, Thanks!

'Habitants'... weird.

20. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, I'm also hoping for a Montréal - Toronto series, just for the excitement... and the Canadian content. :)

Very Rough Grande Poobah French Translation(tm):
    Toujours Coca-cola!

21. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    :-( we lost 4-3 x-(

22. KepowOb

Nov 4, 2001
    That was a sad when we lost, but hopefully it'll teach the team they cant sit back once they get a lead. I think they'll come out strong in Carolina tomorrow, and hopefully finnish the same way.

23. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow. That was depressing. I think it was funny how my friends and I kept keeping hope:

Me: (After 3-0) If they're within two by the end of the period, they've got a shot.
    Buddy: (After 5-1) If they're within three at the end of the second period, they've got a shot.
    Buddy2: (8-2, 10 minutes left) If they score three goals in the next five minutes, they've got a shot.

It just kept getting worse and worse.

So who's seeing episode 2?

24. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    During the game, my mom was the same!
    ''20 minutes left, if they want to win, they can!''
    Yeah, right...
    At least, they put Theo back to finish the game.

Toronto-Carolina... maybe I'll watch, I don't know. I hope Toronto wins anyway.

Edit: Yeah, I'll watch episode 2 at the Spheretech at midnight. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.