main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Any clue about how to make armor?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DARTH_DRACONIS, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_DRACONIS

DARTH_DRACONIS Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I was wondering if anybody had a clue of how to make either Stormtrooper or clone armor. I have a lot of free time and wanted to put one together but have no clue where to start.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're thinking of doing the same thing up here in Rochester, NY. Not sure that I really have any good advice yet, as we haven't really started yet. Good luck to you!

~Doc_Bev

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I know that if you don't want to buy the armor pieces you will have to build a vacuumform table to make the parts yourself. Pretty good websites about that is studiocreations and tk506.com.

You can also usually find armor pieces for sale on Ebay

You should probably talk to some folks in the 501st too.

Gotta love Google :)

Rap

4. DARTH_DRACONIS

DARTH_DRACONIS Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Those links were great thanks Raptor. I think I might be able to do this, I have a garage and plenty of spare time. I might have to wait until next year though since my wife is due in September.

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    [face_laugh]
    Good luck finding the time after you have a new baby in the house. But, I guess I shouldn't laugh. My husband's managed to make a Chewbacca costume from scratch and our son's only 2. He's now starting on armor building.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.