main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any conventions in a galaxy near Georgia?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Zelda_Skywalker, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    I live in Georgia... Is there any SW conventions anywhere near here that I could posibly go to? umm.. well If you hear of any.... post here or send me a PM Thanx. -Zelda Skywalker

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You missed it.

Dragon*Con was held over the Labour Day Weekend.

While not strictly a Star Wars convention, there are so many members of the 501st and Rebel Legion there that you might think it is at some point. There is also the Matters of the Force programming track there, dedicated to nothing but Star Wars discussions that run the entire time of the convention.

3. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I was wondering the same thing. I live in a northern Atlanta suburb and I?m a regular Dragon Con attendee. Obviously Dragon Con is once a year but that?s just not enough! I need to find other sci-fi and comic book cons within a 6-8 hour drive from Atlanta.

4. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Surf on over to Kelly Lockhart's Southern Fandom Resource Guide at
    http://www.scenic-city.com/sfrg/index.htm

(Don't forget to bookmark it. :))

Kelly's well-known in Southern fandom, and he has a great site here. Most of the cons he lists have their own sites to check out for more info. And join his mailing list, which is announcement-only, to be kept up to date.

5. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Zelda, did you not attend Dragoncon? *looks hopeful* It's been going on since 1987, I think, and the SW track is a great one to attend. :) In fact, most of the panels I attended this year were in the SW track. Dragoncon gets advertised on TV in the weeks before the con, and there were articles and ads for it in Creative Loafing and The Sunday Paper.

SW-only cons are far and few between. Your best bet for a SW only con will be Celebration Four, which, if it happens, will be in 2007, the 30th anniversary of ANH, and possibly in Vegas.

You might also try doing a google search on SW cons. Good luck!

6. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Thanks The_Wookie_Girl! That?s exactly what I was looking for.

7. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Hi all,

It is not a convention proper, but the Coca-Cola Space Science Center in Columbus, GA, is holding their semi-annual Game and Hobby Expo later this month. October 28-30 to be exact. Star Wars author Aaron Allston will be in attendance to sign autographs on Saturday and Sunday. There is a thread with more info in the Fanforce USA - Southeast / Columbus, GA forum, or visit www.ccssc.org and click on the link for the expo.

Edits: Fixing link.

8. a-tastic

a-tastic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    granted, none of these are all star wars, but are scifi:

in chattanooga, tn there is Chattacon (in january.. www.chattacon.org ) and LibertyCon ( in early june, i think)
    and in knoxville, there is AdventureCon (in july, i think )

i don't have urls on hand for the latter two, but they are easily googled. good luck!

9. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    I Haven't been to any yet, I'm trying to find one to go to...I've seen plenty on TV and they were all turned down because they were so far away..but I want to go to the Celebration in 2007, but don't know if I could. I'm trying to find one, like maybe in Atlanta..and the Chattanooga one, when is it? I seen January, but do you have and exact date?...and I've heard that if you dress up as some of the characters you get a discount..and..it's normal to dress the part..right?

oh..do you know the price range to get in one?

[face_praying] [face_worried]

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Read Woofer's reply, Zelda. One of the biggest annual conventions, Dragon*Con, is right in your backyard (Atlanta) on Labor Day weekend. Next year's will be on Sept. 1-4, 2006, and you can get more info at http://www.dragoncon.org :D

11. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    Thank you..I'll more than likely be there next year..if my dad doesn't get sidetracked..hopefully there will be no Star Trek part..right? i'd never get to Star Wars with my dad if there was...[face_worried]

12. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    There's always plenty of Star Trek at Dragon*Con. Think of it as an opportunity to ditch your dad at the Klingon Assault Group table at the Marriott.

13. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] Nice. I'll just drag my mom along. if she doesn't get sidetracked too.

Zelda_Skywalker

14. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    I'm happy to announce that Dave Prowse will be attending DC this year, It will be nice to see Dave again.

Cathy Bowden, Director
    Star Wars Program Track
    Dragon*Con

15. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    YUSH! I CAN GET MY BAG SIGNED!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.