main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any FanFic writers coming?

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by RedGold, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Hey everyone, you probably are wondering who I am, I'm with Spike2002 and Tim! *hides behind them*

Anyway, I'm a FanFic writer who is a bit shy so I don't tend to post often in the other threads, but I've been around.

I was wondering if any FanFic writers were going to be at Celebration Europe? I think it would be cool to meet up and discuss fiction, especially with the latest profics and what they are bringing to the EU universe! I'm mostly a BytS, but Saga and BtS I would love to meet too, maybe we can share across ideas and interests!

I don't want to set up anything yet as I don't know if there will be many of us there, but if there is a good amount of interest, I'll set something up!

Post here or send me a PM!

Cheers,

JayCee

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, I was once an active Fanfic writer, so I count ;)

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I still write occasionally, even though virtually none of my fanfics were ever successful (the best one I ever did was a crossover anyway :p ).

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Spike, ya don't count, I still owe you a beer remember... [face_whistling]

Cobranaconda, you may try posting them again maybe with updates and reworks, different types of fics, pairings, and situations come and go in popularity depending on what's happening with LFL.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not an active FanFic writer, but I have written some stuff and I'll definitely write some more.

6. MaraStardreamer

MaraStardreamer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2006
    Yeah, me too. I wrote a few fics a couple of years ago, and I remember one of them was quite a success on the Beyond the Saga board. But I really like your stories, RedGold, and I hope I'll meet you there :)

7. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'm a Fan Fic writer so i don't mind meeting up and stuff :)

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I won't be at CE, but here are a few things we learned about fan-ficcers meeting at Celebration in LA.

- We met at an IHOP for breakfast. That went fine though the restaurant was a little overwhelmed by all the business they were getting from Celebration, so they were slow.

- A lot of people were going to opening ceremonies, so we planned on meeting after that. I was supposed to hold up a sign, so people coming out of opening ceremonies could meet there. But someone left a suitcase of clothes by a bus stop and the LAPD evacuated the building so they could hose it down (but not opening ceremonies, which was a whole other story). I couldn't be there with the sign because the bomb squad wasn't letting people back into the convention center for awhile.

So, meeting early in the day, before things start up at Celebration seems to be the easiest way of getting together. Anything can happen after that. o_O

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A sign would be a good idea. I don't know any other writers and I get lost easily.

10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I wrote a few stuff in Before The Saga, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a full fledged writer. ;)
    I'd like to meet to exchange some ideas, though. :)

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Amon: I wrote a piece for a PotC quote roulette challenge, it's on the 'after the saga' board if you want to check it out. :)

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I think perhaps a "FanFiccers at CE" thread should be posted over on Fan Fic Resource. At least that way you'll get more of a response from any that were planning to go but haven't paid attention to this forum yet.

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey RedGold :) i'm a fan fic writer, and I will definantly be going to CE! I usually write mostly Yuuzhan Vong fics, so they don't get too many hits but I don't mind, I just enjoy writing them :)
    I also agree with a prevous poster, if there is a meet, a sign would be a good idea....for the directionless like myself ;) [face_blush]

EDIT: why this forum deemed my last message offensive I don't understand, I didn't violate TOS! guess I must just be offensive looking XD :p

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    :confused:

And there definitely should be some kind of fanfic writers' meetup. Obviously why I think it should be sorted out over in the FanFic forum [face_mischief]

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I'm not sure, it just *'d out half of what I wrote, which is basically the above :confused:

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    That's weird. It should let you post whatever you've written.

I mean...how are we mods supposed to ban people if the board edits out the naughty things they post? :eek:

17. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I Tried it again, apparently fic - cer when put together is offensive :p Well thats another one to add to my long list of unusual profanities :D

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ficcer?

I think it's just you, Blue ;)

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mods aren't subject to the language filter, Spike..

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah.

But why is ficcer in the filtered words list? :confused:

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Probably some overzealous admins thinking it could be used to imply the same as ****er :p

Much like Tim tried to stop us from saying FFUKer, for fear that people wouldn't realise that we were talking about the FFUK, of all things... :p

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    :rolleyes:

Tim tried to stop us saying that???

23. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
  24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah. Well, some of those make sense. Tho I don't know what policy hal and I have concerning that particular rule. Our MO is more lax than Tim and Phill's.

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    :p I have that effect on people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.