main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Any "Palpatine Redemption" Fan Fictions around?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by OnesionRa, Feb 6, 2013.

1. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012
    This may not be the right place, but the actual Fan Fiction section seems a bit hard to navigate so I figured I would ask you guys.

I know of (and read) "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by LL but beyond that, I cant seem to find any. That cant be the ONLY one to exist. Someone else must have given it a shot. I ask because:
    1. Its a hell of a challenge to do well so any that exist must be pretty well written.
    2. Every other main sith in the movies has at least a few.
    3. IF palps ever had a shot, it is before the empire when the darkside COMPLETELY screwed him up and drove him fully insane on power, when he still gave a damn about anikan as a person to some extent. Im one of the people who believes back then he still had a shred of humanity before another 20 years of the darkside ripped it all away.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    If you read the Darth Plagueis novel, you'll see that although Palpatine was a dark and angry boy, he likely wouldn't have killed his family save for Plagueis's meddling.

Palpatine was always dark and twisted, but if he hasn't met Plagueis, he would never have risen to such heights of evil. He likely would have just become a petty noble, albeit twisted and evil.

3. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    In the archive you will find one by...Brandon Wahlberg, I think. It is one of a series about Palpatine. It is not a voluntary redemption however.

benknobi1 likes this.
  4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes, that is the correct author, the title is Dark Emperor, and that was one of the best things I've read in the FF archive. Also, be sure to read Brandon's prequel to that story : The Apprentice Sidious. :)

5. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012
    hmm I found 1 fic (under the Dark Emperor title) and it was very well written and enjoyable, however it wasn't very long and I didn't really see it as redemption at all (if anything his beliefs were hardened even further). He barley tolerated the Jedi out of pure necessity. Anikan was the only one he could even talk too.

Meh, im sure ill come across something and there is one thats kinda happening on FF.net right now anyway.

6. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    It's the last one, the one I'm talking about.

7. OnesionRa

OnesionRa Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2012
    Well I found half of it the 1st time, now this time I read the whole thing and.....wow. Its almost kinda...sweet. Hmmm I'll have to run this by someone.

8. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012